Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:35 AM
Default The 'Download The Sims 2 Realistic Graphics Mod' video on YouTube
This video pops up whenever I google something sims 2 graphical related.

Goddamn, that thumbnail looks like out of TS3! (on the google search page that is, not so much in this message that you're now reading)

What are your thoughts about this video? Do you agree with the suggested mods? Or do you have better suggestions?
Also, why are people so concerned about not having a good computer when running TS2? TS2 is 15y old game. It is 32bit game just like TS3. Ahh, TS3 is automatically LAA (if updated, surely most ppl update TS3), and TS2 is complicated to make LAA.

I have downloaded most of the things off the list.
I don't understand #2 and #3 as the links do not work correctly and on the video it is the same thing?
Also when the sky meets the ocean, it is a bit lacklustre.

For those who have got a modern or a gaming PC and have done LAA, forced TS2 to recognise graphics cards and got Kiri's fix, modified the texture memory so it more than 32MB (lol). What are your graphical modifications? I have got a gtx 1080 and I want to utilise it as much I can, even when playing a 15-y-old game.
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:30 AM Last edited by iCad : 7th Mar 2019 at 5:40 AM.
Yeah, most people use most of that stuff nowadays. The video maker is kind of lying when they say "you don't need a good computer," though. No, you don't need a top-of-the-line new gaming rig, but you WILL need a decent video card that has quite a bit of texture memory, as having/doing everything they say will eat a LOT of texture memory because it's all high-res stuff. As a person who made one of things they linked to as well as other similar things, I know this. Skies/horizons/high-res terrain-and/or-road defaults are ALL resource-intensive, especially when used together. and Criquette's neighborhood deco is all high-res as well. Lovely, but...yeah, there's a trade-off. Especially if you actually PLAY the game -- which adds a whole layer of graphics strain/usage -- and not just make pretty neighborhoods. (It should be noted that Criquette himself mostly does the latter. ) I both play AND make pretty neighborhoods, but I'm well aware of the trade-offs involved and am always prepared to scale back. And I do have a decent video card, a 1051Ti

Anyway, my various opinions other than that:

--The water replacement is, IMO, too reflective. It uses the shaders from Castaway Stories, and is pretty much mirror-reflective. Real water isn't that reflective. Also, because it's mirror-reflective, it uses a chunk of system resources, so if used in combination with skies/horizons/high-res terrain and road defaults, you're racking it up. I DO use the sea water version of that water mod...but I put an overlay over it to lessen the reflection while keeping the motion and the nice lot view. I use a different water mod for on-lot water, which I like better.

--I like horizons, but I have to confess that I'm not entirely fond of the ones made from TS3 backdrops. They're very...watercolor-y. Which is fine in TS3, but it doesn't fit how i want my game to look, in general. I've made some horizons of my own that I tend to use more. (All the stuff I've made for neighborhoods is on my Simblr, which is linked in my sig.) And I've made flat gray horizon that improves the sky/water interface a little bit, but really there's not too much that can be done about that detail.

--Skies are awesome. All the skies. I've made a ton and edited a bunch of older ones. Again, all on my Simblr. Make sure you download/install Skyfix. It's here on MTS.

-- Lit-up neighborhood deco is great...though, again, more resource-consumptive because it has at least double the total texture size of the non-lit version of the same deco. Make sure you have Criquette's "Better Nightlife" or the lit-up stuff won't work right and will probably turn your game pink. If you use the recommended lighting mod, it's newest version has "Better Nightlife" incorporated into it. Otherwise you'll need to download and install it separately.

Basically, there's a ton of cool stuff out there that's been made in the last two or three years. I recommend putting some in your game and seeing how it handles it. Remember that it's NOT just a question of how good your computer/graphics card it. The fact of the matter is that the game itself has texture memory processing issues that can't be overcome. So, even with the best computer, you can hit a wall pretty spectacularly, pink exploding everywhere. Where that wall is depends on your game and computer. So, like I said, download and experiment, see how far you can push things. Lots of pictures of my game, if you're curious, can be found on my Simblr.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:40 AM
A little too much like Sims 3 for my liking, although I may just have downloaded that snow default...
I don't use the sea water since I don't like how it moves, but I do like the pond water. I can't get the horizon thing to place at all, maybe it needs land? I also have some other overlay for water from here I think, makes it look like twiikii. I think it's just trial and error since everyone's aesthetics are different. They good thing is, if you don't like it, you can remove it. There is also a bloom mod not mentioned (don't care for it myself) leefish-Klaarijet better lot imposter windows and Honeywell's light film overlays (only clashes with the mod above) As for lighting, I prefer SpookyMuffins.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 8:13 AM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 7th Mar 2019 at 8:25 AM.
@iCad "I use a different water mod for on-lot water, which I like better."

Oh which one is that? The ones linked in the vid http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=587597 (and I'm using) better than vanilla but wouldn't hurt to try others.

"I'm not entirely fond of the ones made from TS3 backdrops. They're very...watercolor-y"

Interesting, I have not tried any backdrops as part of my world is coast and I don't think they will work with that. Btw, I'm currently trying your gap filling horizon and then some skyboxes. (yes I do have skyfix)

So this http://modthesims.info/d/290746/gun...-4-4-29-09.html includes the Criquette's "Better Nightlife"?

@joandsarah77 Oh cool, will google bloom mod.

So what I am trying to do is to make the ocean to sky transit better:

I need to get started with this wedding, my sims are rolling fears of getting old without never been married.
I'm using http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=587597 pond and ocean water. I have understood that I do not need to anything to the ocean water, but the pond water needs to have a pool tiles.
the skybox I am using is from The great sky of totalitarianism that is placed on the home lot. And the skybox that is used is iCad's high cirrus clouds but I'm going to play with iCad's cap-filling horizon and skyboxes.
I also appreciate any other suggestions on how to make the game look better Btw, I suck at weddings and I worked really long on setting up this altar or whatever you call it so please feel point out any mistakes or if something could made better. (I build CC-free)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 8:49 AM
@iCad it's your gap filling horizons that I can't seem to place, the hand tool simply won't let them go.

It looks lovely. The only mistake would be if you don't like it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:05 AM
What is LAA and Kiri's fix?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:18 AM
Do you mean Lee? It gives a number of Maxis windows a more 3D shape in hood view. Only it's clashing with Honeywell's new light overlays. I thought at first custom windows had fixed it, but after reloading the game those ones are not looking right anymore either.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:46 AM
@Charity
LAA is large awareness (aka 4gb patch fix). It means your game is able to use more than 2bg of ram which reduces crashing, make the game more smooth, can use more CC etc.

You can check if yours is working properly by looking at the log that the PC generates in the \Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Logs. It is called *your pc name*-config-log. If the fix is applied correctly the log will read "Memory: 4096MB" (highligted in yellow in the pic below)

Kiri has made graphics rule versions for win 10 that fix many issues http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6888. See the log for pink highlights.

@joandsarah77 Aw thank you. I think I made it better or maybe I have been stating at it too long, maybe need a break.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:37 AM
Ah thanks. I have the 4GB patch but have never heard it called LAA before. I haven't messed with the graphic rules. My game seems to be okay without it and it looks easy to screw up.
Alchemist
#10 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:41 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Mar 2019 at 7:02 PM.
My take is it's too complicated and resource intensive and will load slow and... I'm just not ready to make the commitment to all that stuff, but... I know we just had a big discussion of all this over in Stupid/Random, but I just starting thinking about making a new environment to play Felicity Island and thought it might be a nice time to try just some clouds in the great blue expanse on my lots, so...

Is there just one very simple way to add a more interesting sky in lot view that will just affect that environment (meaning I want it in Downloads, not game files)?

By way of explanation - I play on a laptop because I have a very mobile lifestyle. If the great expanse of blue were ever more than a few inches square, I'd feel differently, I'm sure. I am wondering how to get more texture memory as you have highlighted in blue, there.

Looking at your log, is texture memory a function of the graphics card or something we can reallocate?
EDIT: I found a reference to this. Should I do this? What does it accomplish? http://modthesims.info/t/557362
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:56 AM
I use the neighbourhood animated clouds from here. Just simple little white clouds. http://lowedeus.tumblr.com/post/151...ism-redux-redux They're viewable from lot view and the only problem is that they are very bright at night.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:08 PM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 7th Mar 2019 at 5:40 PM.
@Sunrader

It tells the game how much memory of the graphics card it can use. Higher the better. Not sure what is the limit TS2 can use but doesn't hurt to match it to your hardware. That link is for TS3 btw but the process is the same: you edit the Graphics Rules file.

If you look my post above, there's a screenshot of the log. The bit highlighted in blue tells you how much texture memory TS2 can access/
Alchemist
#13 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:49 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 7th Mar 2019 at 7:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
@Sunrader

It tells the game how much memory of the graphics card it can use. Higher the better. Not sure what is the limit TS2 can use but doesn't hurt to match it to your hardware. That link is for TS3 btw but the process is the same: you edit the Graphics Rules file.

If you look my post above, there's a screenshot of the log. The bit highlighted in blue tells you how much texture memory TS2 can access/

I noticed it was TS3, yes, but the graphics rules look the same. I have the 4GB in place, but not the one for texture memory. I've never heard anyone say we should change that till today. Is that your card? Are you saying that you are allocating all the 8GB GDDR5X memory that card has to texture? Is that how we know what to put there? I also see this http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6882 about adding your card to the database. I did it, but only in files I haven't installed. I don't know what they are for and I'm not having any problems, but if anyone knows the benefit, I'd love to know before I actually use this.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 8:27 PM
I rarely use skyboxes anymore since I found Nopke's default replacements for the sky textures. Skyboxes look the same in all weathers and all seasons, which I don't like so I only use them if I need a location to have a really unique sky.
https://simfileshare.net/folder/134...ilename&dir=asc (simNopke-DRBlurrySkies.zip)

Screenshots here - http://www2.modthesims.info/showthr...490#post5462490

I use the Seasons compatible horizons by greatcheescakepersona like in the video. I think they look great and they don't usually clash terribly with the ground textures from either lot view or neighborhood view.

I use both of Voeille's water mods. I didn't like the ocean water at first because it was so different, but I've gotten used to it now.

I have the neighborhood lighting fixes, streetlamps, etc. by Criquette and several lit neighborhood buildings. I love that stuff, but some people have had trouble getting it all to work correctly.

Just a couple of days ago Honeywell uploaded an object that will make lot imposter houses look like they have lit windows at night. I haven't tried this yet because it looks like it takes a bit of fussing with it to get it to work and if you don't like it, can be a pain to remove from the house. It looks really nice though. Be sure to watch the instruction video before you use it.
http://www2.modthesims.info/d/62448...dow-lights.html

Here's one of my current neighborhoods with Nopke's DR skies, one of greatcheesecakepersona's horizons and lowedeus' DR linden trees using Criquette's trees.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...902#post5476902
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Just a couple of days ago Honeywell uploaded an object that will make lot imposter houses look like they have lit windows at night. I haven't tried this yet because it looks like it takes a bit of fussing with it to get it to work and if you don't like it, can be a pain to remove from the house. It looks really nice though. Be sure to watch the instruction video before you use it.
http://www2.modthesims.info/d/62448...dow-lights.html

Now I don't think so, since you could just remove the package from your Downloads folder...instead of going around removing all instance of it around town.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Undead Molten Llama
#16 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
@iCad "I use a different water mod for on-lot water, which I like better."

Oh which one is that? The ones linked in the vid http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=587597 (and I'm using) better than vanilla but wouldn't hurt to try others.

I use this one for pond water, specifically the green version available in the second file on the list of files: http://www.modthesims.info/d/241878...compatible.html

It's just a matter of opinion, really. I think the Castaway on-lot water is too ripply for still water and too reflective for ripply water. You only get mirror reflection in still and very deep water, like mountain lakes that were formed by glaciers. Ocean water, moving river water, and shallow pond water isn't that reflective nor that ripply and...well, it just bugs me. So I use the older mod. It looks like this in my game:

It has more subtle ripples (uses the game's pool shaders) and isn't as mirror reflective, so it has its own color rather than just reflecting the colors around it. I wish it were a little bit more opaque and there are other things I'd change about it if I could, but I do like it better than the Castaway water. You need to have pool squares on the lot, as you do with the Castaway shaders.

I do use the Castaway-shader for neighborhood water but, as I said, I use overlays over it to tone down the rippliness and the reflection a bit while retaining the wave motion (though that doesn't capture well in a still pic, of course) AND the nice lot view. (Note that you'll need pool squares on any non-beach lots within sight of ocean water. Otherwise the ocean will be black like a tar pit. Pretty much any lot I build these days has one, usually buried under landscaping, in case it's ever placed near to neighborhood water.) My neighborhood water looks like this, with the overlays:

These are the overlays I use: https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4431.0 I use the "blue" one for tropical water, as in the first pic, and the "arctic" one for non-tropical water, as in the second pic. One of these days I'm going to make a recolor that's a touch more deep blue than the "arctic" one, to make it not quite so dull gray but also not as blue/turquoise as the tropical ones, which only make sense for shallow water. One of these days...*sigh*

Quote:
Interesting, I have not tried any backdrops as part of my world is coast and I don't think they will work with that. Btw, I'm currently trying your gap filling horizon and then some skyboxes. (yes I do have skyfix)

There is one horizon that GCP made that uses the backdrop from Sunlit Tides. It has "open ocean" on part of it so people do use it for warm island/coastal neighborhoods. You just have to fiddle with it so that the "ocean" is in the right place for your terrain. It'd be too tropical-looking for a non-tropical neighborhood, though. But, yeah, for me they look too much like watercolor paintings and they just don't blend well with the skies and the terrains and other stuff that I use. (I'm of the opinion that they DO clash too much with terrains and the crispness of the neighborhood deco and the Sims themselves and all that, but...yeah, that's just my perhaps questionable aesthetics talking. ) So, I made terrain-matching ones, to make the "world" look bigger and to add hills and mountain ranges and stuff but they don't have the detail that the ones that use the TS3 textures have, and that would probably bug other people. So, just a matter of what you like/want. (The second water pic above uses one of the horizons I made, giving the place the green hills in the background.)

If you use the default replacement skies that RoxEllen linked to, I think those do look good with the TS3-backdrop horizons because they're kind of blurry/watercolor-y, too. So, they match well. For me, I just don't want every neighborhood to have the same sky, which is what you get with defaults unless you fiddle around with changing out defaults before you load the game. So, I prefer skyboxes, so each hood can have a different sky that goes with the "feel" that I want the place to have. I DO wish they changed with the weather, yes, but for me that's a more minor annoyance than having all the skies look the same. It's just a matter of personal preferences and priorities, though. I've made tons of different skies and edited a bunch of older ones to be compatible with Skyfix, so...Well, you have many to choose from.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@iCad it's your gap filling horizons that I can't seem to place, the hand tool simply won't let them go.

That's...odd. It should place anywhere, on terrain or in the water. In the pics on the download post it's placed in the water while the sky is on the terrain. Does it give you any sort of message (Like "can't be placed over water") or does it just not place?

Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Is there just one very simple way to add a more interesting sky in lot view that will just affect that environment (meaning I want it in Downloads, not game files)?

Yes. Skyboxes. They're just neighborhood deco, same as any other kind of neighborhood deco. Put it in your downloads, plop its placement cube on a corner of your terrain, done. If you don't like it, remove it, same way you do any other neighborhood deco, and then delete it from your downloads. All of the ones I've made have texture images that are 4096x1024 pixels in size. So, about the same amount of texture as a single set of four hair recolors, if you have ones that use 1024x1024 textures...which is pretty much all of them, other than the original Maxis hairs. So, if your system can handle displaying four custom hairs at the same time without lag, it can handle a skybox. Especially because the skybox mesh is not a high-poly object like hairs are. And especially if you just use a skybox and not a skybox+animated clouds+horizon+high-res terrain/road defaults+water mod+yaddayaddayadda.

Quote:
I am wondering how to get more texture memory as you have highlighted in blue, there.

You get more texture memory by buying a video card that has more than your current card has. But I know that's not what you meant. You allow the game to use more texture memory by adjusting your graphics rules. By default, the game will only use a small amount of texture memory because the game still thinks it's 2004 when 250MB of texture memory would be considered a ton.

That said, if you're on a laptop that doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, then your "texture memory" is coming from your system memory. So, if you make the game use more, it's putting more strain on your whole machine, not just a graphics card and possibly making everything lag if the graphics chip "borrows" a lot of system memory to feed the bottomless pit that is TS2 when players like us seek to make it look better. Newer laptops with integrated graphics are generally OK with the normal level of graphics usage that Sims 2 needs, but if you stuff it full of high-res stuff in pursuit of prettiness and then crank up the amount of texture memory it can use, then you might have issues. Or you might not. If you're playing on an older laptop or a newer but cheaper one that's really meant for light tasks like word processing and internet browsing, then you might want to put some thought into cranking things up. If you've got a gaming laptop, you're probably A-OK. So, it depends on your machine and its specs and, particularly, whether or not it has a dedicated video card and whether or not that card is meant more for gaming -- meaning, rendering polys and textures -- as opposed to, say, playing hi-def videos. Those are different tasks, and non-gaming laptops are generally video-playing focused, not gaming focused.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:26 PM
It's simply not placing, maybe something else is clashing with it. I might try it in my testing folder.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#18 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:46 PM
I can't imagine what would clash with a skybox, but....Yeah, worth testing. All I know is it works fine for me, when I use it, and no one else has told me that they've had a problem. Which doesn't mean that they haven't had problems, of course; some people are just too shy to offer "criticism." So, I'll be very interested to know if it still doesn't work in a testing environment! Do you have problems with any other horizons, if you have any? Because they're all the same mesh with the same programming. If the gray one doesn't work in a testing environment, maybe download another one to see if works or not.

Alchemist
#19 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I rarely use skyboxes anymore since I found Nopke's default replacements for the sky textures. Skyboxes look the same in all weathers and all seasons, which I don't like so I only use them if I need a location to have a really unique sky.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
If you use the default replacement skies that RoxEllen linked to, I think those do look good with the TS3-backdrop horizons because they're kind of blurry/watercolor-y, too. So, they match well. For me, I just don't want every neighborhood to have the same sky, which is what you get with defaults unless you fiddle around with changing out defaults before you load the game. So, I prefer skyboxes, so each hood can have a different sky that goes with the "feel" that I want the place to have.

Yes. Skyboxes. They're just neighborhood deco, same as any other kind of neighborhood deco. Put it in your downloads, plop its placement cube on a corner of your terrain, done.

So, it sounds like it would be easy to use either DR textures or skyboxes, right?

So, it depends on your machine and its specs and, particularly, whether or not it has a dedicated video card and whether or not that card is meant more for gaming -- meaning, rendering polys and textures -- as opposed to, say, playing hi-def videos.

It's a few years old, but it has a dedicated graphics card. It was meant for editing video. I'm asking how to get the game to use the texture memory. Do I put the full amount of DDR3 memory available on the card in that line about texture memory or is there some other number I'm supposed to know somehow? And, I guess, also, is this likely to cause any problems, because... you know... if it ain't broke... and it ain't, but better is always... better.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:57 PM
I can't imagine what would clash with a skybox, but....Yeah, worth testing. All I know is it works fine for me, when I use it, and no one else has told me that they've had a problem. Which doesn't mean that they haven't had problems, of course; some people are just too shy to offer "criticism." So, I'll be very interested to know if it still doesn't work in a testing environment! Do you have problems with any other horizons, if you have any? Because they're all the same mesh with the same programming. If the gray one doesn't work in a testing environment, maybe download another one to see if works or not.

No issues placing any other skyboxes. I know, odd.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#21 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 10:58 PM
So, it sounds like it would be easy to use either DR textures or skyboxes, right?

Yes. It's just a question of whether you A) like the DR textures and B) want all your neighborhoods to have the same sky (with the default) or you'd rather have the ability to easily have different skies for different neighborhoods (with skyboxes). I don't know which one would be more resource-consumptive. A skybox is only a single texture; I don't know what the default has, since I don't have them to look at.

Quote:
It's a few years old, but it has a dedicated graphics card. It was meant for editing video. I'm asking how to get the game to use the texture memory. Do I put the full amount of DDR3 memory available on the card in that line about texture memory or is there some other number I'm supposed to know somehow? And, I guess, also, is this likely to cause any problems, because... you know... if it ain't broke... and it ain't, but better is always... better.

If you're not having trouble with pink flashing, there's really no reason to mess with it because you obviously aren't running out of texture memory. If you start experiencing pink flashing, then you might want to bump it up a bit, though your card sounds like it's meant more for video-processing than game rendering. Or, alternatively, if you start to pink, you can scale back. Generally, the bigger your hood gets and the more you decorate it and the more CC you use in a neighborhood -- especially in terms high-poly/res hair, clothing, and accessories but also high-res hood deco stuff -- the more likely you are to bottom out.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No issues placing any other skyboxes. I know, odd.

Very odd. When I can get on Tumblr (I'm kinda stuck in bed and on my tablet at the moment, and the Tumblr app hasn't been updated in five years and doesn't really work), I'll put out a call and see if anyone else has had this problem with that thing.

Alchemist
#22 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:03 PM
Yes. It's just a question of whether you A) like the DR textures and B) want all your neighborhoods to have the same sky (with the default) or you'd rather have the ability to easily have different skies for different neighborhoods (with skyboxes). I don't know which one would be more resource-consumptive. A skybox is only a single texture; I don't know what the default has, since I don't have them to look at.

If you're not having trouble with pink flashing, there's really no reason to mess with it because you obviously aren't running out of texture memory. If you start experiencing pink flashing, then you might want to bump it up a bit, though your card sounds like it's meant more for video-processing than game rendering. Or, alternatively, if you start to pink, you can scale back. Generally, the bigger your hood gets and the more you decorate it and the more CC you use in a neighborhood -- especially in terms high-poly/res hair, clothing, and accessories but also high-res hood deco stuff -- the more likely you are to bottom out.

Thanks. I've actually never seen the pink flashing at all, but I did notice in the log that it's defaulting to the 32MB so not using the dedicated memory on my card at all, I assume.

I feel a bit nervous, guys, but I'm... going to add... sky. Yikes!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:05 PM
You don't want to see it! The worst was loading a lot and seeing a cat flash pink, like a nightmare.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:05 PM
Thanks. I've actually never seen the pink flashing at all, but I did notice in the log that it's defaulting to the 32MB so not using the dedicated memory on my card at all, I assume.

I feel a bit nervous, guys, but I'm... going to add... sky. Yikes!

Well, if the world ends, we'll know why.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:10 PM
3-2-1...

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 5