Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 10:56 PM
Default The saga of Shadowsong: Shadow Of Winter
The saga of Shadowsong: Shadow Of Winter

The prince of darkness driven by a desire to bring back the dark gods back to Eo, awakens a mighty ice dragon Aryn and sends out raging hordes to defeat his enemies. Once again a rune warrior is called upon to save the world.

Shadowsong a rune warrior is summoned to save the world from the impending doom that shall destroy life as they know it.

With the power of ancient runes and by some unlikely allies they will fight against the Crimson Empire and the Winterguard.

This is a mixture of both story and poetry, I apoligse for any spelling and grammar mistakes in this story.

Enjoy

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 11:01 PM
Default Chapter 1: the Resistance
Chapter 1: the Resistance

It was a dull grey day clouds were over head with the chance of rain but all was quiet and slight buzz filled the air from the rune moment. It was old with statues one of a male warrior one of a female mage. It was made out of white marble; there was a blue stone outline of a sword with two blue lines coming from it. A blue light beam hit a blue rune placed in the centre of the moment. After a minute or two the rune flashed with a white light a women appeared form the rune. Her name was Shadowsong she was a rune warrior. Shadowsong was tall and thin with long black hair. Her eyes were the darkest blue, she wore a plain grey robe.

Two people walked towards her. One was a middle age man with greying black hair dressed in old black armour and chain mail and he held , the other was a women in her early twenties with long light blonde hair, she was dressed in white a robe with gold trimming she was holding a long brown staff. “At last” said the man “what ... happened ... where am I?” asked Shadowsong. “Welcome to Mirraw Thur, a god forsaken swamp somewhere in the black heart of Urgath truly no beautiful place but you’ll soon have an opportunity to change that” “what do you want?” Shadowsong walked towards them “what do you want?” “You’ll find out soon in enough but not here to many dark creatures nearby” he looked around at the creatures around at the orcs, a couple over large beetles and some spiders in the area around the monument. “The rune subjects me to your will command and I will obey” said Shadowsong.

The man smiled “urrrm tempting” the women stormed over to him and snarled “Grim hand over the rune that was are agreement” “but an obedient fighter survives our course more” she pointed her staff at him and blue light glowed at the top of the staff “hand it over!” Grim pulled out the rune from his pocket and handed it to Shadowsong and said grumpily “very well here you’re free” the women turned to look at Shadowsong and smiled at her “welcome friend I’m Lena this is Grim” Grim turned and commanded “enough of this follow us we’ll talk in the refugee camp”. Grim lead the way down a dirt path through the swamps with Lena and Shadowsong following behind them. She was confused, she being a rune warrior she could be summoned from her rune which she had put in her pocket she was hoping to find something so she could have it around her neck.

Grim was fighting a beast man some way down the path Lena had come down the path to see if she was alright “are all right Shadowsong?”She asked. Shadowsong nodded and ran with Lena to keep up with Grim. After a couple of minutes the dirt vanished in to the swamp “yuck” said Lena as she waded through the murky beep sticky water after Grim. Shadowsong followed them until a thing jumped out of the water at her. She raised a hand and a ball of fire hit it and the thing exploded “what is that thing?” Grim looked at its corpse and said grimly “it’s a crawler, how long has it been seen since you were summoned?” Shadowsong smiled at him nerveless. As they walked through the swamp nothing else tried to attack them. After a while the path through the swamp changed back to a dirt path. Lena smiled as she got out of the swamp “yes no more swamp” she skipped along humming a little tune to herself.

Shadowsong was just getting out of the swamp when she heard a rustling sound form a bush nearby. She stared it for a while, Shadowsong after staring it at it for a few minutes lost insert and ran to catch up with Grim and Lena. Ten minutes later they arrived at the refugee camp “now we can talk” said Grim sitting down on a barrel “well why am I here?” asked Shadowsong. Lena smiled at her “to help these people as we do” Grim said “and to liberate someone who is being held captive” Lena gave him a look and feel quite and continued “ to these people the servants of the rune aren’t monsters but heroes they once followed to famous rune warriors Dunhan and Reowys”. . Grim was fingering his axe Lena smiled at her again “I do not if you remember but we fought in the Convocation, we were once friends as much as a friendship can be kept under the rune” Grim added “and we were lacking a couple of good fighters we thought of you” Shadowsong grinned she can remember them now they meet before the Convocation and fought alongside her at that time, no Shadowsong shuck her head her memory was not all back yet. She grinned at them “who could turn down old friends and besides where do I have to go, speak what is your plan”. Grim stood up stretched “first we need more runes form an affective fighting force, go and talk to old Aedar over there he is the leader of these people. He’ll surely give you a speech, we’ll wait until you have finished to talking to Aedar” Shadowsong headed into the camp.

The tents were small made out of white sheets and in the of a squire shape, the others were made out of sticks. The sheets were white well they were once whit put they were stained with blood, mud, sick. Torn, patched and sown up it shows that these have been well used. The refugees were all looking side and also they had long bows on their backs. The camp ended at a cliff face. There was an old man sitting at the fire a long side a cross his knees. Shadowsong approached him she could see the reflection of his eyes in the blade “tell me was I wrong to use my powers to flee”. Shadowsong said nothing looking confused, then Aedar turned and grinned at her, said “welcome rune warrior, we can’t much comfort only the bare necessities” Shadowsong shock her head. He did not look that old his face there only a view winkles but his was white. “Grim says that you are the leader of these people” Shadowsong sat down beside him “ha since he arrived they listen to me less and less. Besides who’d rather follow an old warrior rather than an old man” Shadowsong looked at the fire. Shadowsong looked at a piece of paper it read ‘we are and we fight against aspersion of slavery, we are the resistance’. She looked him and asked “what is this resistance” Aedar took a deep breath and said “in the old days were lead by two rune warriors Dunhan and Reowys” she looked at him as he continued “we were all slaves to the orcs of Urgath but after the battle of Fiara Dunhan and Reowys came and freed us, they taught us how to fight and hoe to free other slaves. For a time all was well unlit they started to fight in amongst them slaves and the resistance fell apart”. Shadowsong asked him “would these people follow me because I am a rune warrior” “no not even Grim can convince to fight they will only follow Dunhan and Reowys”. She stood and stretched “do you know where I can find them?” Aedar stared into the blade of his sword “talk to Willit he was loyal to Dunhan” as she left him she heard him say “one ring to rule them”. Shadowsong looked at Lena and asked “when I am done talking to Willit we need to talk” Lena nodded and vanished into her tent.

Willit was a Skerg by the looks of him he survived the dark elves at one point “oh a rune warrior speaks to Willit great honour for Willit “she looked at the scars on his face “were you loyal to Dunhan?” Willit looked at her “Dunhan freed Willit, Willit survived Dunhan” Shadowsong smiled feeling like she was getting somewhere “do you know where I can find him?” Willit looked worried “Dunhan I know. Dunhan mad he is mad, he was angry with Willit angry poor Willit. Gone he has to storm cleaver rocks but loads of nasty Kithars there” Shadowsong smiled and left him. She found Lena and Grim talking to each other and kissing, as approached they pulled apart and followed as they left the camp. As they entered the swamp Lena gowned “another march through this mire” Grim sneered slyly “should I carry you?” Lena looked angry “you will be picking up another scar if you don’t keep your mouth shut” Shadowsong laughed as Grim jumped away from Lena to avoid her staff. “Were did you find my rune?” she asked Lena but she did not get an answer. As night fell they hand entered the patrol to the storm cleaver rocks.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 11:05 PM
This is cool! I love these fantasy type stories! This kind of reminds me of Lord of the Rings, the way you describe the surroundings. Well done!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 1:04 PM
Thanks, I have loads more chapters to upload adout 94 more I think lol!

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 11:16 PM
Default Chapter 2: The storm cleaver rocks
Chapter 2: The storm cleaver rocks

When they appeared in the storm clever rocks two Skergs ran up to them. One dressed like a healer the other wearing a shredded blue loin cloth “oh great rune warrior ohhhhh” Grim snarled at them with disgust “beat it scamp” Lena looked at the scratch marks on them “what happened to you?” “Janina she’s very sick were taking her to see Hulu great healer” the other one continued “but hideous cat creatures attack us we got separated from Janina, Janina lost” Lena looked thoughtful “Janina?” Grim said “she was with the resistance” Shadowsong was keeping quite listening to what was being said “we must save her” the Skergs nodded “yes north you go not far north Janina is” and with that they ran off. Shadowsong started to set up camp. When she got the fire let they all sat down “Janina was the reason why Dunhan broke off all contact with us and left the resistance” Grim laughed “impossible” Lena smiled at him “love my bear old warrior”. After that they all went to bed but unlike the others Shadowsong could not sleep well nightmares plagued when she was a sleep waking her up in a cold sweat. When Lena woke and went outside her tent she saw Shadowsong sitting on a rock looking at her rune “I ... I cannot remover much but where I my things” Lena did not answer. After a cold breakfast of cold uncooked fish they went to work along with some orcs that Shadowsong had summoned form an orc rune she had and from an orc monument. It was made out of wood with a stone sculpture of an orc.

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 11:17 PM
Default Chapter 3: Janina
Chapter 3: Janina

They started to build an army of orcs to rescue Janina form the Kithar. After a while they had ten men to help against Kithars, so they headed north to find Janina. They reached a crossroads. “Which way?” asked Grim. An orc ran to the path on the right and grunted. “This way” The orc was right; because, when he ran down the path he was slashed in two. It was like a man, but not a man. It was a cat-man thing with long white claws. Its head looked like that of sabre tooth tiger, and it looked as ferocious as one... “Quick, cast a fireball at it before it sees us” Shadowsong was afraid. What if she got this wrong? What if it tore them apart? It was ok for her, she’d come back; but the others won’t. Her mind was racing as panic filled them. Lena put a hand on her shoulder “You can do it, have faith” Shadowsong pointed her staff at it and a fire ball hit the Kithar, burning him in a few seconds to a pile of burnt fur. “See I knew you could do it”. Lena smiled at her, Shadowsong charged forward along with the orcs and Grim, Lena following behind them.

There were about ten Kithar standing in front of the cave. The one way you can tell Kithars apart were the colours of trousers and there markings a couple had blue markings. They charged at them. Then it was blood and the sounds of battle. Her magic flashed and set some Kithars on fire and froze some of them to blocks of ice, but in a few minutes all the Kithars were bead. So were one third of the orc troops.
From the cave a women peered out. Her face was smooth and beautiful with grey eyes and long golden hair. “Who are you?” she asked “I’m a rune warrior called Shadowsong” The women came out of the cave. Her dress was blue with silver, gems and a silver pattern on the lower half of the dress; it was immaculate in its beauty and in it’s craftsmanship, save for a blood stain on the right; it was perfect.

“my name is Janina, did Dunhan send you to brag me to him” Shadowsong shock her head “no we have coming look for Dunhan” she looked sad and she saw a trace of a tear rolled down her face and into her hair “he is not as he was once was. Once two brothers courted me but there love then turned to hate as they fought for my love” “was one of these brothers Dunhan?” asked Shadowsong “yes” answered Janina and then continued “he and us his brother fought over possession of me, it cost many lives and eventually my own. The only reason why am standing before is Dunhan made a necromancer bring my soul back form death but something came with me a sprit who now lives in my soul. It wallows in my sorrows and whispers it’s blood lust in my blood” she started to cry and Lena went over to comfort her “come we’ll take to your healer” Janina nodded “this is not any illness but I will see him” the headed off again this time going straight ahead on the path. Shadowsong was tried she hoped that when she got to this village she could rest. She was not the only one Grim had trouble keeping his eyes open and Lena was trying to keep herself awake to because any minute they could run into ... Kithar jumped down on top of them then even more Kithars. Shadowsong now knows what the different colour markings meant. Blue marking meant it was a Kithar biter. Kithar biters had grey fur, wore a blue loin clothes and had fangs as hard as ice and as sharp as the point of a dagger .red markings meant Kithar bitter. Kithar s bitters had light brown and long white claws perfect for cutting things into little pieces. No markings meant Kithar warrior. Kithar warriors had white fur and sometimes wore armour and used two long baggers or claws, fangs and daggers. Shadowsong could fell it coldness spreading all over her body she was going to die. Then she touched the ground and it started to crack more and more cracks appeared they got wider and swallowed the Kithars into the darkness below but as they did so she saw Grim using black magic to free himself from the grip of a Kithar warrior “Grim!” called Lena as they fell into the darkness together still fighting each other Lena ran over to the edge looked down into the darkness and called down “Grim!”. Tears ran down her face then a hand reached over the edge and Lena grabbed and pulled it up “Grim” cried Lena as he came out of the darkness she hugged him “I thought you were bead” Shadowsong smiled and collapsed to the ground. Janina knelt beside a crack “Lena” she called. Lena went over to her along with Grim “Shadowsong what did you do” asked Grim. The cracks were sealing up now “I ... I don’t know what I ...” she did not say anything more as she lost conciseness.

Nocturnal Dawn