Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 3:06 PM
Default How to make working nectary?
This may or may not be a stupid question, but how do you make a working nectary?

I have made a world, and have tried to make a nectar selling shop by making a house, placing nectar machine, cashier and some nectar shelves there, but the sales person that comes to work the cashier only sells the machines, not grapes or brewed nectar. Also, how could I fill the shelves? I can't interact with them in a community lot.

The solution may be really easy, it just doesn't come to my mind.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:00 PM
With testing cheats enabled I think you can ctrl+shift+click the racks to fill them. If the racks are empty this may be why the sales person cannot sell nectar. I've never made a nectary, or even played one! So until someone who actually knows something comes along, maybe try the cheat on the racks?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 5:28 PM
As HL says, you ctrl-shift-click on the racks and choose 'make buyable'. You can also click 'Treasure Component' and change the type of nectar available (cheap, expensive, etc.)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 7:42 PM
Alright, thanks you both! I'll have to try tomorrow
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:10 AM
Okeis, I have now a working nectary. Wasn't so straight forward afterall though.

If I chose to sell actual nectar (nectar cheap-expensive) the racks couldn't be interacted with. So frustrated I did some searching on the matter, and found out you need to choose between these '!' '!!' and '!!!' to make the racks actually sell nectar. The list of stuff you can sell with those racks is massive! With those three, I could make the sims buy nectar. Cheap was something like 28§ to 300§, expensive was wicked 50k§ xD
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 6:15 PM
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I'm in the process of creating a world and I'd like to include a nectary. I was hoping someone could tell me if my "plan" will work, based on their own experience...
My world is based on the Texas hill country, which is well-known for its wine. I'd like to have 3 lots clustered together to make the "vinyard:" the grape farm (on a no visitors allowed lot), the wine shop (on the actual nectary lot), and the Vintner's house (obvious). Could my vintner own the nectary lot and the grape farm? I know sims can buy community lots...

Also, if the grapes are on a community lot, do they require the same kind of maintenance and care that they would if they were on a residential lot? Meaning, will I have to have a grape goon out there 24/7 tending the plants?

Thanks so much for help!!
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 11:00 PM
Not all community lots are purchasable. I believe that parks are. Not sure about nectaries.

My understanding of plants on community lots is that they don't die, and don't need the maintenance of plants on a home lot. So presumably you'd never have to weed/water. You'll want make sure you install the "perfect" quality grapes when you first set up, though, because you also can't use a sim to plant any additional fruit on a community lot other than what's initially there.
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st May 2013 at 9:22 PM
Hello,

just for completion: Your sim can buy a nectary, it needs to have a value of 75.000 Simoleon to be open for Sims... otherwise it will stay closed. I'd give the vineyard the nectary lot type as well and keep its value under the 75.000. As far as your Sim owns these lots, you can edit them in build/buy-mode spending your households money to update them.

Greetings
simension