Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2010 at 7:18 PM
Default Hair retexturing; do I need to recolor all .bmps?
Okay so I'm fairly new to retexturing hair and I am trying to do a free peggy hair in Pooklets colors. My question is do I need to recolor all the .bmps for each age group? For example say I wanted to recolor the hair for the adult age group. Do I only recolor the one .bmp or all of them? I don't notice anything different about the hair when I recolor the other .bmps so I wasn't sure if they mattered. Any help would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th May 2010 at 3:32 AM
Sometimes some of the bmps are textures that you can't really see unless you edit the alpha. For example, they are in the inside part of the hair, or somewhere where you can't really see them, so it does not really matter.
Anyway, my advice would be recoloring all of them. Many of them will look exactly the same, so you'll only have to copy-paste the texture.

I hope this somehow helped :D
You can always post some pictures in the Creator Feedback Forum so that we can see how are you doing and give you some advice.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2010 at 9:12 PM
Thanks for the explanation! Yeah I might take some pictures later today and upload them to get some feedback.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th May 2010 at 1:27 PM
It's really not that hard. You just finish your retexture and do a "save as" for each .bmp. It's probably the least time consuming part of the process!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:24 PM
Thanks for the tip. I was doing it the hard way at first just copying and pasting for each .bmp, haha. I guess it goes without saying it took me a while to do 35 retextures.