Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:02 PM Last edited by veronica55 : 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:21 PM.
Default So, is "split level" broken now after we got terrain tools? (nevermind)
I was trying to create this simple thing, which I've been doing ever since ts4 was released, and now it doesn't work. When I place the stairs it goes all the way down (who knows where) deep in the ground and when I place tiles, it won't let me place the stairs like it used to before. Such a shame we lost the only way to create a split level interior space.

I'm talking about this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f0NdOboh8k no longer works.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I don't know what you mean. I've just done what the girl in the video is doing and it's working fine ?

Taken 1 minute ago in my game : https://imgur.com/a/vzV9PvT

Have you tried it the way she does further in the video? (removing the excess foundation around the lower part)

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 6:51 PM
Ok, turns out I needed to delete the fence (that divides the upper room and the lower room)partially where I want to place the stairs, it works that way but then the lower part loses the "room" feature and the walls become single standing seperate walls.
(normally, when you place stairs you don't need to delete the fence, it automatically opens the gap and preserves the "room")

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
You've lost me completely but I'm glad you sorted it out !

LOL you've no idea how much time i spent struggling with it yesterday, and today I decided to post about it. When I create lofts I never delete the fence upstairs, I just place the stairs and the game figures it out. I got used to do it that way but it doesn't work like that when you delete the floor and trying to place stairs inside the foundation. Took me forever to figure it out lmao *facepalm

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?