Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2012 at 2:22 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Corrupt Lot?
I started up my game today and it would not load my lot without crashing. It loads about halfway and then a window pops up saying something like "the game has crashed. Press ok to terminate the program". It doesn't happen when loading other lots in the neighborhood.

This leads me to believe the lot is corrupt. The game was working perfectly last night and I don't have a backup (stupid me ). Is there anything I can do?

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2012 at 4:55 AM
It's barely possible that there's something in your lot that's corrupt but didn't break the lot per se, and that deleting it from your computer will allow the lot to open. Take out your downloads folder temporarily, and see if you can load the game then.

And from now on, you'll be in the habit of making regular backups, won't you?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:05 AM Last edited by Chicken0895 : 6th May 2012 at 6:43 AM.
Yes, I will make backups. And I tried taking out the downloads already, and the lot still wont load.

Also I just stumbled upon the crash report, so it is attached.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2012.05.05 22.33.41.txt (11.3 KB, 54 downloads) - View custom content

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2012 at 9:25 AM
Do any other lots load?

ETA: d'oh, just seen that yes, other lots are fine. If I were you, I'd move the family into a new house now. (In fact, this DID happen to me just last week and that's what I ended up doing!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2012 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Chicken0895 : 6th May 2012 at 9:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Do any other lots load?

ETA: d'oh, just seen that yes, other lots are fine. If I were you, I'd move the family into a new house now. (In fact, this DID happen to me just last week and that's what I ended up doing!)

But I spent so much time remodeling the house to my likings

Why didn't I make a backup?!?!?!?

Edit: The family works when moved into a new house, so it's the lot, not the family, that is corrupted. I'd still like to recover the house if at all possible.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th May 2012 at 10:20 AM
Now the family aren't there, can you get into it at all? If not, you could always package it up to your desktop, open it with Clean Installer, delete everything that isn't the actual house itself, and then install it to your lots bin.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th May 2012 at 7:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestion sushi, but when I try to do that the game freezes up. It doesn't crash though, just freezes.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2012 at 9:03 PM
I guess if it's mostly the layout you want, you could remove all your CC and then see if packaging it works? If that fails, I think you'll just have to give it up and bulldoze it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th May 2012 at 11:46 PM
I tried removing CC already, and nothing. I hope I don't have to bulldoze it.