Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 6:12 PM
Default Large Performer Pension?
So my level 10 magician sim became an elder. I clicked the retirement interaction to see what her pension would be, expecting it to be something pitiful (usually hovering around §300 per day -- not nearly enough to survive if no one else in the family has a salary), like usual. Instead, it was just over §47,000 per week!

Has this happened to anyone else? My level 10 singer sim is just about to age up to elder as well, so when I find out what his pension is going to be I'll post back.

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 7:35 PM
Active Career pensions are a calculated value : Determined by the Lifetime earnings for your sim over the length of time they spent in the career.

Because of this, and the fact that EA choose not to constrain any of the variables involved, the numbers can become silly big.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 7:37 PM
I very rarely have my active career sims retire but now I think I really want to. O_o That's amazing.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:16 PM
I addressed this in my legacy in the first post. One sim retired to live on $60 a day. How will she manage!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan

Because of this, and the fact that EA choose not to constrain any of the variables involved, the numbers can become silly big.

No more silly big than real world celebrity incomes LOL
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 4:43 PM
...Politicians ought to have HUGE pensions!!!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goteampink
...Politicians ought to have HUGE pensions!!!!

Only if they "prepared" it during their term, if you get what I mean...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Active Career pensions are a calculated value : Determined by the Lifetime earnings for your sim over the length of time they spent in the career.

That makes sense, but then how come my level 10 chef sim gets a pathetically small pension (in the hundreds) when he spent the same amount of time in his career and probably made upwards of 50k during his career?

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Instructor
#9 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 6:27 AM
Like twallan said, this is only true for ACTIVE careers, as in--non rabbithole careers, like performers, ghost hunters, firefighters, architects, and private investigators.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 1:43 AM
Oh. I see. Thank you for clarifying that for me. I understand everything now :D

Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 5:42 AM
I thought maybe this was just a glitch of some sort, but then I had my level 10 Singer retire and it said she would be paid $54 thousand per week!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 2:44 AM
I wish this was the case in real life lmao -- we'd all be rich!

Eminence Grise
#13 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:46 AM
... do you rake in thousands a week as a professional singer right now? IRL?
Banned
#14 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 11:56 AM Last edited by leefish : 14th Dec 2013 at 7:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chicken0895
I wish this was the case in real life lmao -- we'd all be rich!

Unfortunately, it is not..