Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 6:40 PM Last edited by SerenaOhSerena : 22nd Oct 2016 at 7:36 PM.
Default Serena Sonoma's Application
1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?
I began playing The Sims in 2001 and have played Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4. I believe I had the most enjoyment from The Sims 2 in terms of genetics but The Sims 3 in terms of overall game play. However, I currently spend the most time playing Sims 4 as I try to keep up with the times.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?
I currently do not make custom content, my current laptop doesn't have all the top notch specs, however I would love to delve into creating CC one day.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites?
I am not. However, I do spend a lot of time on different sites, in addition to creating my own Sims related tumblr where I write Sim stories.

4. Would you be willing to commit to the time as indicated above, on MTS?
My current job is freelance writing, I'm online nearly 24/7 and have time to check MTS consistently.

5. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.
My name is Serena Sonoma. I graduated from uni in 2015 with a degree in English (focus in Creative Writing). I then was accepted to a program called FEMACorps in which I traveled the country working under FEMA and aiding people effected by major disasters. In March of this year, on my 23rd birthday I left the program after my grandfather fell seriously ill. I was raised by my grands he was essentially my father. He passed away five days later. In early April I came out to many family members as being transgender, I am currently in the process of transition while trying to navigate my increasing awareness of gender fluidity. I currently reside in NC with my two dogs in my family's house. My favorite color is red. And I would easily choose vanilla ice cream over chocolate ice cream any day.

"It all takes time"
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 9:45 PM
Vanilla is a good ice cream flavor!
Hi! I'm Rebellious Games what's up!I'm applying for the mod position because i feel like the reason the site here is popular is because of the content!I hope you agree about that XD!I work really good with others and would really like to see/be mentored about MTS. I have been a member of MTS for almost a year now!And i actually really love this site and it's content! Sorry about all of the ! XD I have humor too so i wont be like "YES SIR I WILL BAN THEM IMMEDIATELY!" I also feel very relaxed on MTS and would love to be taught and mentored about it like i said earlier! I know i sound stupid to you other mods but i will love to put my time into the site!I have never been a mod or owner of any other site.I don't make cc but i'm thinking about it and if i did it would be mostly for the sims 3 and 4.Right now i've only played sims 3,and 4 but i hope to play sims 2 XD. And i also hope you don't mind me telling you guys my name!

I would love to be apart of the site that holds all of the best mods and content Eva! :lovestruc
Hope to be in the force with ya!
Rebel!

Also if you'd like to reach me anywhere else i have a twitter, and Snap-chat which i'm creating right now
Scholar
#28 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 11:34 PM
1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?
TS1, TS2, TS3, TS4, and a plethora of other games in the Sims series including a few SimCity titles and Sims offshoots like Urbz. Currently I play TS4 the most because it's the only Sims game my computer can handle.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?
Yes I do! I dabbled in TS3 and TS2 CC making, but I never got much into it. Recently I've made recolors, mesh edits, wall decor and eyes for TS4.

Just one.

Of course!

5. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.
I'm from the US and was homeschooled from 6th grade on. The area I live in right now is crap for jobs and so I've been having a hard time getting hired, so I spend a lot of time online or drawing. I'm engaged and hope to live in Newfoundland after I get married.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 2:18 AM Last edited by imkrazy1000 : 21st Oct 2016 at 12:31 AM.
I have played all of the Sims games, and I spend the most time playing on the Sims 3. (I have the Sims 4 problem on my Mac right now and must find time to use my mother's PC. ;_; )
I have dabbled in custom content creation, but have never uploaded anything. I have dabbled with hair and clothing for the the Sims 3, mostly just adding designs/patterns/colors.
I am not.
I would be very willing to commit the time as indicated. Even if I can't necessarily be on during the daytime (due to the constrictions of being in school) I'd be able to give second opinions whenever needed from a mobile device if possible! Late nights (7pm to around midnight EST) are my specialty.
I am an American and live in the EST time zone. I really like Wendy's Frostys, specifically chocolate. I really hate vanilla Frostys but chocolate ones are amazing! To be honest, my obsession with them is a problem, but it's okay cause I love cold treats so much!
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 10:21 AM

I played every sim game since the first. I'm actually spending more time playing Sims 2 and 4 equally (i don't like sims 3 very much to be honest)

No, i don't make custom content, but I use them A LOT :D

Nope

By all means!
Sometimes I could evaluate uploads while enjoying my Vanilla-Bourbon black tea :D

5. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant

I'm a hardcore gamer and I work as a programmer, I'm italian and like the sims games very much. I also enjoy RPG's and simulators. I spent nearly 1000+ hours playing the sims. I like sci-fi and I'm married to a beautiful woman.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#31 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 1:37 PM
When does the inauguration take place?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 5:40 PM
Yeah, when's my crowning?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#33 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 10:06 PM
We're beginning to discuss the applications now. If there are any more people who'd like to get their names in the ring, do it soonish, and we can probably still squeeze you in!

Those who've already applied, thanks for offering up your services! Stay tuned, we're working on it.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#34 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 11:51 PM
Hire them all, Inge too.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#35 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 12:20 AM
I already hired Inge.. she didn't show up, so I fired her! Now I need to find someone else to clean the hampster's cage.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 11:29 AM
Hey, just wondering about something....I'm working on a whole bunch of stuff and I want to upload it all at once. I assume that if you're a upload moderator, your stuff will have to be approved by another upload moderator?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 11:47 AM
@GrijzePilion I would do them one at a time, since once you have ten uploads you can skip the queue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 12:17 PM
Oh 10's gonna be a while, that's a long-term goal.

insert signature here
#39 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 12:51 PM
I do think someone chosen to be a queue mod should have had some experience of being held *in* the queue, so as to give them some insight into how frustrating it can be :D

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 1:54 PM
Yeah, sweating for three days to be told the angle is wrong and to send it back with a redone photo and wait again, fun times...

I believe it's a lot easier now; as soon as the new queue bypass came in I never used the queue again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#41 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 3:03 PM

I have played every Sims game practically, including the original Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and Sims Medieval. I exclusively play Sims 2 at the moment, however. I do NOT play it vanilla however.

I make custom content for Sims 2

Affinity

Sure, I hang out at Sims sites nightly anyway, while I create.

I am an avid Simmer. I love both playing and creating for the Sims. They are my home away from home. If I were paid for how much time I play and create for the Sims, I would be a wealthy woman. I am 50, with 2 children, chihuahuas and cats, and a husband too :D.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yeah, sweating for three days to be told the angle is wrong and to send it back with a redone photo and wait again, fun times...
I believe it's a lot easier now; as soon as the new queue bypass came in I never used the queue again.

I'm familiar with that and also TSR's upload queue. Surprisingly, they're less tolerant on TSR.

insert signature here
Instructor
#43 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 5:16 PM
Look forward to finding out

Easing off creating (at least until the new Sims 4 EP is out) so can help even more than I stated.
In my early creating days I had experience of the queue, eventually learnt and got a queue bypass but still always try to keep a high standard of pics.
Also had a lot of help from moderators here with lighting issues I had with Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I'm a plain vanilla sims 3 player.

*shocked gasps*

insert signature here
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Oct 2016 at 10:16 PM
@gdayars and @Emmett Brown, I've added your applications to the list, thanks!

simblr
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 11:19 PM
Another thank you to everyone who applied to help out! It's been tough choosing from among all of you. I've just finished sending out PMs to everyone who's been asked to move onto the next step of the process. If you have not received a PM, unfortunately we are not able to offer you a spot on the team right now. However, we thank you all for your service to the MTS community, and we'd love to see you apply again if we put out another call in the future!

simblr
Mad Poster
#47 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 7:17 AM
Did you just admit to rigging the election? Oh dear.

insert signature here
#48 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 9:48 AM
Good luck everyone!

Instructor
#49 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 10:31 AM
I didn't recieve a PM, that's okay. Good luck to everyone who did
dodgy builder
#50 Old 25th Oct 2016 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Did you just admit to rigging the election? Oh dear.

Trump is NOT a rolemodell
Locked thread
Page 2 of 3