Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2005 at 10:34 PM
Default Mesh help for a lost n00b!
I feel really silly asking this, as I'm sure it's something simple that I've missed.

I'm trying some of the meshes and skins and such. I just got TS2 this week, and haven't picked up University yet (although the sheer number of great downloads that need it is enticing me to get it asap!), but I'm having some problems with meshes not working right I guess.

Here's the best example. I'm trying to install thunderbreak's Princess Toadstool skin and mesh (Umm GothickChick?) found here http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59493

I'm unzipping and installing the files, including the body, crown, and hair meshes. When I get into the game though, I see the premade sim for Toadstool, but the mesh apparently does not work, so she's in the default outfit.
I can see the crown in this mode, but if I select her it's not on the Sim.

Other skins work fine, if it's just the skin package. Anything with a mesh I can't get to work.

Please help, I've searched this site extensively and all I can find is general instructions which say to place the mesh files in my Downloads folder. They're there, they just don't seem to work right.

Do I have to have University?
Am I placing them in the wrong folder?
Do I have to build the Sim in the builder app before they can be used ingame?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th May 2005 at 2:10 AM
try deleting all the files, and testing them one at a time. i have 1 gig of downloads, and that helps...(but for me, it takes years LOL)
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2005 at 2:18 AM
Good advice. I'll try that and see...
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2005 at 5:32 AM
Ok did that, I get the same thing. Whenever I install the actual character pack, I get to select her but she's just a normal sim in plain clothes.

I'm doing something wrong with the meshes I'm sure... *sigh*
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2005 at 2:59 PM
I got it, thanks for the suggestions!
Inventor
#6 Old 20th May 2005 at 9:50 PM
what did you do?