Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2005 at 9:59 PM
Default How to convert floor to wall?
This may be a silly question, but here goes nothing. I want to make some wall tiles. They're decorative tiles that can be placed as single tiles to add a touch of color or decoration to walls. I thought the best way would be to convert a floor tile to a wall. I tried to use Sims Home Crafter, but that didn't work. I can't think of a way to achieve this. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th May 2005 at 10:39 PM
You need an image editing program. For your needs, something very simple will work; try http://www.photofiltre.com/. It's free.

Then look for Homecrafter tutorials on how to create walls and floors. Don't worry, it's easy.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2005 at 10:45 PM
Have you tried, in Home Crafter, cloning the wall, cloning a floor (any floor) and opening the wall pic in a drawing program, copy/pasting it onto the floor pic? (or the reverse, copy/paste floor onto wall?). I did this when I made a tiled bathroom styled off the one in the movie Toys (with Robin Williams and Joan Cusack).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2005 at 2:48 AM
Thanks for the responses. I tried to enterchange a wall with a floor, but it didn't work. I thought of another way to do it by making wallpaper sets. Well, I haven't figured it all out, but I'll get around to it. :howdy: