Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Issue with community lots erring, NOT the fault of mods.
So I ran into a strange problem, today: The community lots on every single map, no matter if it's an existing save or a new save, nor which families exist in it, nor which mods are installed, will all instantly (upon loading the world) change their lot type to "No Visitors Allowed". This renders them all completely unusable by sims, and throws the entire game into purgatory in the process. Homes are not affected, only community lots. Errortrap records an error identical to this for every lot in question (the only things which change between errors are the objects/lots being referenced):

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<NRaas.ErrorTrap>
<ModVersion value="100"/>
<BuildVersion value="0.2.0.209"/>
<Installed value="BaseGame, EP1, EP2, EP4, EP7, EP8"/>
<Enumerator value="25"/>
<Content>

Object:
 Name: Little Corsican Bistro
 Type: Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Bistro
 Object id: 0x6c1100243737c7c0
 Position: (932.9999, 42.8982, 1118.5000)
 Room id: 0
 Level: 0
 Flags: InWorld, IsUsed
 Lot: Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot
 Lot Name: Little Corsican Bistro
 Lot Address: 380 Mirabello Road
 IsValid: True
 World: SunsetValley
 OnVacation: False
 Season: Summer
 Counter: 23
 Sim-Time: Sun. at 8:00
 Start-Time: 07/30/2018 03:51:30
 PreLoadup-Time: 07/30/2018 03:51:48
 Loadup-Time: 07/30/2018 03:52:44
 Log-Time: 07/30/2018 03:54:59

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0000e callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Restaurant:OnStartupRabbitHole () ()
#1: 0x00001 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Bistro:OnStartupRabbitHole () ()
#2: 0x0000b callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.RabbitHole:OnStartup () ()
#3: 0x000b1 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.GameObject:Init (bool) (3F737AF8 [0] )
#4: 0x00029 callvirt   in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:SetLogic (Sims3.SimIFace.IScriptLogic,bool) (2E5B6AF0 [3F737AF8] [0] )
#5: 0x00006 call       in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:SetLogic (Sims3.SimIFace.IScriptLogic) (2E5B6AF0 [3F737AF8] )
#6: 0x0004c call       in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:CreateLogic (string) (2E5B6AF0 [2E7090E0] )

</Content>
</NRaas.ErrorTrap>

I will repeat that this is NOT the result of mods existing, as it occurs on new saves with no imports from the gallery or any mods whatsoever activated. That is, the vanilla game.

The only thing which I have done since the last time the game was stable, has been editing an XML tweak mod, installing "Hard to Please Sims", and deleting the cache files which was in response to the errors.

And when I say that the lot becomes unusable, I mean that when you try to interact with it, the majority of the lots will only allow the options: "Visit X", "Visit X with...", "Take greeting card photo", and (if it hosts a career) "Join X career". Very few buildings work properly, including the sports stadium in Twinbrook.

I have no idea why this is happening and would appreciate any help.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:37 AM
Even if you load up a brand new Sunset Valley, with no mods whatsoever?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Even if you load up a brand new Sunset Valley, with no mods whatsoever?

Yes, I did exactly that and it persisted. Addtionally, it seems that whenever I try to edit the lot using the in-game town editor, the building IMMEDIATELY errors no matter which it is, as long as it's a community building. This in particular was tested with only Errortrap and base Nraas working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yeah, see, no. Do a clean game. Remove the whole TS3 user folder. Let the game create new one, this way we know for sure it is a clean TS3 folder, a clean game, with no mods whatsoever, and also new caches.

That seems to have fixed the problem, but it presents the bigger issue that it discards all of my settings, saves, etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 10:25 AM
Well, I found another solution. I don't know why this happened, but apparently I erred when I was creating my XML tweak by accidentally putting the entire GameplayData.package in the mod folder and failing to remove it before playing the game. Apparently removing it fucks the ENTIRE GAME into oblivion. Again, I don't know why it does this, but apparently that was the solution.

Of course, I'm still looking for a way to get the thing out of the mod folder and have it not break the game. Something tells me that hard times are ahead.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 2:13 PM
As you are on Patch 1.67, an Origin Repair Game is not available to you. No guarantee that would work anyway, but it would be the suggested course of action on 1.69.

If you are unable to put the GameplayData file back where it belongs (though not sure why this would be if you were able to move it out), then an uninstall, Registry clean, a reinstall, AND a fresh game folder might be in order. If your ongoing games are not totally hosed, the goal would be to recreate the game environment with added content and everything, then copy your saved games back from the broken user game folder into the new folder on the new install.

If this GameplayData file is a copy and you hadn't actually moved the original one, then we're back to just the new user game folder in the hopes that your saved games will survive that one being rebuilt.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM