Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Having problems with a Simbots/Mummy walk tuning mod. (If I posted this in the wrong place, I'm very sorry. It's my first post.)
So, I adore simbots and mummies, and this mod has been essential to me for a few months.
http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=419791

Recently though, I tried playing as a mermaid, and instead of swimming, they walked on the water. I did research and concluded the mod was interfering with the
animations of mermaids. It also does the same to the snorkeling animation.

Is there any way I could fix this? Or is there a user who knows how to fix animation mods that I could contact?

The original creator has long since dropped off the face of the Earth, so they haven't updated it since pets.

This is a little frustrating. It's not game breaking and I really appreciate my simbot-human hybrids walking normally. But Jesus mermaids are really annoying.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 11:42 PM
You just have to trace your steps back. What did you do that made the mod suddenly stop working? Since I assume you have had it all the time and suddenly it stopped working. It might be another mod you have or other changes you have made. You could just take out all your other mods and see what happens if you don't have any mods in game, and what happens if you use only that one mod. If it's working with only that one mod, you should try the 50/50 methods with the rest of your mods.

You can also remove cache if you haven't done that already. It's the easiest thing to do, so do it first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
You just have to trace your steps back. What did you do that made the mod suddenly stop working? Since I assume you have had it all the time and suddenly it stopped working. It might be another mod you have or other changes you have made. You could just take out all your other mods and see what happens if you don't have any mods in game, and what happens if you use only that one mod. If it's working with only that one mod, you should try the 50/50 methods with the rest of your mods.

You can also remove cache if you haven't done that already. It's the easiest thing to do, so do it first.

Hmm. I tried everything. It didn't work. I think this mod is just outdated. I don't play mermaids that often, so I think I just didn't notice it broke their animation. Thanks so much for the suggestions though.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yuriduck
Hmm. I tried everything. It didn't work. I think this mod is just outdated. I don't play mermaids that often, so I think I just didn't notice it broke their animation. Thanks so much for the suggestions though.

Hm ... It's a long time since sims3 was updated, so that means you have been away for a long time
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 9:28 AM
As this mod changes the global LocomotionConfig.xml it should actually be incompatible with much more than just mermaids and scuba divers: basically every special walkstyle that has been introduced in later EPs - fairies, werewolves, genies, plumbots, zombies etc.
On the other hand it should be fairly easy to update the mod if you are familiar with S3PE. I would do it but my PC is currently broken.

Shimrod, however, made quite a lot of different locomotion mods at simsasylum.com. You will have to register in order to access mods, but they should all be in Shimrod's own section. Maybe he made one that fits you, too.

ETA: And this is indeed in the wrong section; Help would have been the correct one.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM