Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2005 at 4:29 PM
Default Why won't someone help me
:confused: :confused: I've posted this a day ago and not one reply. How do people modify young adult clothes? I know it can be done because I've seen alot of modified Young Adult clothes on this and other sites. I use SimPE but I can't find the file it just has adult female and male files show up. Please help I know theres a method or something. Please Please Please Help Me.

I will be so thankful for the smallest information.

Thanks In Advance :fallen: :confused:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th May 2005 at 4:31 PM
hmm...for your question go to the SimPE website they would know.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th May 2005 at 4:33 PM
http://www.datgen.info/downloads.aspx I hope that this helps.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th May 2005 at 4:35 PM
you mean how to make adults clothes to young adults clothes if you do heres a really good tutorial:
http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=242
hope it helped
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:16 PM
where can u download simpe?
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:18 PM
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:20 PM
thanks so much! that was a fast reply!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:25 PM
do u only need SimPE to alter meshes and make the type of wonderful meshes that are on this site?
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:33 PM
No, you need the mesh tool and some kind of paint program. Just look around here to find a tutorial for whatever you want to do.
http://forums.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th May 2005 at 7:34 PM
Oh, and you're welcome for the previous post. Sorry forgot my manners there for a second!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th May 2005 at 10:08 PM
whats a mesh tool?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th May 2005 at 4:07 AM Last edited by ahmird2 : 12th May 2005 at 4:09 AM.
The mesh tool is a program created by a few of the MTS2 gurus for the purpose of importing the 3D data files (meshes) into The Sims 2. It only imports the *.OBJ format so you will need a 3D program that is capable of saving meshes in this format. If you want to extract meshes from TS2 and alter them you will need SimPE which now includes Delphy's mesh extractor plugin.
As far as changing adult clothing or young adult clothing so that it works for both age groups, here is how to do it with SimPE: (I haven't used DatGEN but I understand that it has a utility built in that does this in 1 click)
(1) Open the *.package file you want to change with SimPE. (2) In the upper left white window highlight "property set" (3) In the lower half of the screen, click the "plugin view" tab. (4) Scan the lower white bok for "age" - it will be followed by a bit string (eg: 0x00000040 for adult or 0x00000008 for young adult) (5) Highlight the Age entry on the left side of the bottom box in plugin view. (6) You will see the bit string in a new white box on the right side of the plugin view tab. Edit it to read: 0x00000048 (7) Click commit (the button is on the lower right hand of the Plugin view tab.) (8) Click file, save.
That's all there is to it. That article of clothing will now show up in the game for both adults and young adults. It will use the correct mesh for the clothing too, even if it's a modded one. Hope this helps.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Inventor
#13 Old 16th May 2005 at 9:02 PM
to alter clothes, you can do that with just bodyshop.
Locked thread | Locked by: CynicalChick Reason: resolved