Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 8:56 PM
SimPE weird Error
Before I bring up the problem, I'd like to apologize for opening a new thread, in case the similar one already exists, but I couldn't find it. >.<

Anyways, for the first time, after playing Sims 2 for awhile, I received a strange error. I wasn't even aware of it until I tried to fix it.

I opened SimPE, loaded the neighborhood, opened Aerith's file, merely to add the girl and vice versa. I did save it, but then I loaded Family Ties.

The error occurred when I clicked Aerith's picture in order to add a sibling to her. Only her file is messed up. I don't know what happened.

As a Final Fantasy fan, I went on rampage by creating FF characters in Sims 2. Sephiroth had moved in with his fictional girlfriend. Unfortunately, I removed them from the house, so I can build a new one. Once I created a new house, forcing Sephiroth and his gf to move into the house, I realized a certain mistake. The girl was actually related to Aerith. I assume that after I moved her out of the house, placing her in the family bin, her family relationship was reset or something. However, all other friend relationships were intact. o.O

Sadly, I don't understand nearly the half of the coded error I received. o.O

I'm attaching the picture and text thingy of the error. I can't figure out what is wrong.
I don't feel like restoring her file. I might be force to purge her from the game and create new one. T_T
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SimPE Error Text.rar (2.0 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 9:46 PM
There's obviously a problem with your family ties record, but it's impossible to tell what's wrong from that message. It says that there's a reference to an object which doesn't exist, but since this is the family ties record, it seems very likely that it's a reference to a sim who doesn't exist.

The most likely reason for this is that you've been incorrectly deleting sims from your neighborhood, which will corrupt the neighborhood. You might want to review this list. My guess is that you've done something from the list. If you let us know what you've done, we will be able to give you more specific advice.
http://simswiki.info/index.php?titl...Hood_Corruption

Once you've corrupted your neighborhood, you can try to fix the problems, but there's no way to ensure that you've gotten everything. Unfortunately, you will not be able to fix this problem using SimPE, since SimPE will not show you the problem or allow you to change it.

We know that deleting the problem sim is likely to do even more damage, unless you delete the sim safely.

Your best option is usually to restore from a backup that you made before you caused the corruption. So, if you have a backup, that's my recommendation.

One other thing that you can do is to run the HoodChecker (see my profile). If you choose the Remove option, it will attempt to fix missing sims in your family ties, along with other errors that it finds. Be sure to backup your neighborhood before running the HoodChecker, and to keep your backup until you're satisfied with the results. The HoodChecker can't find or fix all problems, but it can find and fix invalid references in your family ties record.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 9:42 PM
Thank you for the quick response.
Selena was related to Aerith when I created them. And I am highly certain that I didn't even try to delete any of those. I did create Selena and Aerith separately, but I did make sure to fix the family tree via SimPE. Everything was working normally, until I decided to move Selena out of the old lot, just to re-decorate her house from the beginning. Selena was in the family bin, until her house was complete. And once the house was re-built, I put her back in the house and saved the game, but somehow, the family tree got screwed up. o.O And now it does say that these two are related, but I can't add Selena to Aerith in family ties, but vice versa works normally.
the problem with Backup, is that I don't have recent backup. Some families in that neighborhood have pets added recently and I didn't make any backup afterward. o.O
Site Helper
#4 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:34 PM
Did you try running the HoodChecker? If so, did it report any problems with the family ties? If so, did you ask it to try repairing them?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Amaya Malkavian : 16th Feb 2013 at 11:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Did you try running the HoodChecker? If so, did it report any problems with the family ties? If so, did you ask it to try repairing them?

I did run the HoodChecker on the problematic neighborhood. It gave me a neat report.
Family Ties:
Second sim does not exist: 0x0014 Aerith Sinclair has sibling 0x00B3
First sim does not exist: 0x00B3 has sibling 0x0014 Aerith Sinclair
Sim does not exist: 0x00B4 has no family ties

What confused me as well, was the fact that some NPC townies and shipped pets had similar errors that first or second sim doesn't exist. Not like it matters, cause everything else works just perfectly normal except Aerith. >.<

Since I don't know which files should I restore, I'll just load the game and purge Aerith and then create new one, add her to her husband Reno and fix relationships in SimPE. I can't think of any other solution. o.o

First, I will kill my friend who probably created a duplicate of Selena and then decided to delete it and then I'll have to use boolprop, activate debug mode and purge Aerith from the game and create the new one, re-create all relationships with her husband and other characters. I don't know what else to do. o.o
Site Helper
#6 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaya Malkavian
What confused me as well, was the fact that some NPC townies and shipped pets had similar errors that first or second sim doesn't exist. Not like it matters, cause everything else works just perfectly normal except Aerith.
The HoodChecker is telling you about corruption that exists in your neighborhood. The fact that things are working alright at the moment doesn't mean that they will continue to work. You would be much better off to fix the errors.

Since I don't know which files should I restore, I'll just load the game and purge Aerith and then create new one, add her to her husband Reno and fix relationships in SimPE. I can't think of any other solution.
The solution is to run the HoodChecker with Remove. It will remove the invalid family ties.

First, I will kill my friend who probably created a duplicate of Selena and then decided to delete it and then I'll have to use boolprop, activate debug mode and purge Aerith from the game and create the new one, re-create all relationships with her husband and other characters. I don't know what else to do.
I'm not sure what you mean by "purge", but deleting any sims will corrupt your neighborhood further. As far as I know, running the HoodChecker is the only real solution.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 1:11 AM Last edited by Amaya Malkavian : 17th Feb 2013 at 8:54 PM.
I did make a backup of the game before I ran HoodChecker. I will run it again and remove the invalid thingies and hope that I can fix Aerith after fixing invalid thingies, cause I don't feel like deleting her from the game and re-creating her. I went through that thing once before. It was not pleasant at all. >.<
I also downloaded the mod organizer, cause I have lots of custom content and have to clean it up.

I really worked really hard to create most of Final Fantasy VII characters and I don't wish to go through their re-creation. It will bug me a lot. T_T xD

EDIT: I did remove all the invalid references in all neighborhoods. Now it seems that the problem is fixed. o.o The family tree is fixed. I'll run SimPE again, but I ran the game, checked the families and it works normally. Aerith and Selena are now indeed related as they should have been. I have one family moved to Family bin as I'm rebuilding another house, but I don't think it will cause any more issues. o.o Hopefully.

Thank you for the help.