Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Orilon : 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Default Paths Problem with Wizards of SimPE
I get this Paths warning every single time I want to use Wizards of SimPE to run a PlugIn

(I originally posted about this problem in Mootilda's Wardrobe Cleaner Plugin thread because I thought it was related to the plugin, but when she asked me to remove the plugin in and I did and still got the error it turned out its a Wizards of SimPE problem.)

Under the spoiler is what my paths screen looks like

I'm using SimPE version 0.72 patched for Mansions and Gardens. I have Double Deluxe as the base game and the computer is Windows 7 64-bit.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:34 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:52 AM.
I found the source code for the Wizards of SimPE. Here are the tests that it performs before displaying that error message:

Does your base game folder (as shown above) have a file TSData\Res\Objects\Objects.package?
Does your save game folder (as shown above) have a Downloads subfolder? (What a bizarre test!)

Could you please check whether both of these things are true? I've verified that the first question is true for the base game and for Deluxe, but I don't have Double Deluxe.

If you don't have a Downloads folder, try creating one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:57 AM
Double Deluxe does not have a Downloads folder. I just have my mods in the Double Deluxe folder and they work.

If I want to run HCDU I have to create a The Sims 2 folder and a Downloads folder inside that and put all my mods in that to get HCDU to run without complaining about paths.

I forgot about that until just now.

From your post it sounds like Wizards of SimPE is actually complaining about Double Deluxe's lack of Downloads folder. I don't know where the saved game file is, to create a Downloads folder and move it in there to test it out.
Site Helper
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 1:19 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:07 AM.
Try the path specified in the Options screen: C:\Users\<userid>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2(TM) Double Deluxe\Downloads. There's no need to have anything at all in that folder, or to move anything.

That really is a terrible test. I imagine that there are a lot of people who play the game without a Downloads folder.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:26 AM
Just putting an empty Downloads folder in the Double Deluxe folder seems to have worked.

I now can open the Wizards of SimPE without it complaining about paths.
Site Helper
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:29 AM
Great! I'm glad that it was a simple fix. Thanks for reporting the problem.