Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 8:18 AM
Default Placing custom moon in your world
I've been reading a lot of articles and threads on changing and placing INI files to alter size and color of sky and water parameters which include moons. The threads were very well detailed however, they never mention exactly where and how to place the image of the moon. Trying to research this on the internet is pretty much useless these days since the search engines are geared toward advertising and profit - you might find something on page 3,506 if you're lucky. And, don't dare to click on "Videos Of..." Amazon sells it you know... Anyway - I digress.

Where and how do you place the moon image for your world?
Can you have more than one moon? (please say yes...)
Can the star field be altered ( number of stars, size, color, light intensity)?

A link to an existing article would be nice or the name of the ini, world, or package file would get me there.
There are a B-load of IMG files in the base game - perhaps It's there...

Thanks - DJ
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:38 AM
There is a long and complex subject on research colorramps and ini files in the caw forum on this site. Go to create/Sims3/create-a-world in the menu above. I could find you a link later when I'm on my comp.

Have you tried searching with caw or create-a-world in the search?
dodgy builder
#3 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 11:54 AM
Here comes: research ini, custom moon overrides. I couldn't find any links for how to make moons, but there might be some links in the long research thread.

I also found this one about two moons
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 6:13 PM