Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 5:20 PM
Default Some failures/problems on my new set(CAS)
Hello again!
I have been doing a Hatsune Miku set of meshes!
I have been working hard on these meshes.
I fixed the normals problem in Blender, I think there was an option like "backface culling" or something.
With this tool I could easily see the outside and inside of the mesh!
But some problem are still there.
I think the armpits are a little deformed, because when I choose another mesh the armpits looks different!)
(I think this is rather simple problems, but I need you to give advice. Because, I´m thinking of upload it here on ModTheSims)
For example this:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 12:40 PM
For your info, Backface culling is an option that will make the back of the faces 'transparent' and is basically the game's option. So turning that one on is just how it will look like in game. But it doesn't really affect the mesh, but i guess you're aware of that already.

in the first picture, it could mean three things:

- Needs some UV mapping
- (If you use TSRW) You clicked 'no' on the 'do you want to change the vertex data' when importing a mesh. Click yes and see what it does.
- you need to change the material values to FFFFFFF. (Mesh tab> see group 0(And 1) click on 'mesh' Click on the 3 dots appearing. Make sure you select GEOM Vertex editor. In the new window, you write down FFFFFFF in the tagvalues column. Click again on the same column you edited and right+click. Choose 'copy to all')

Second picture:

- Again, it could me the vertex data option you clicked 'no' on.
- Else it's the uvMap

third picture.

There could be 3 possible reason for the shine, and one can only be seen if it isn't the case if you go in-game.

- Your specular map is too light (make sure your specular map isn't grey-looking but really dark/almost black, but you can add highlights if you like)
- You didn't add a bump/normal map. (I'll add the link to a video tutorial that you can follow through and see if you did everything the right way.)
- A piece of your UV map is overlapped with another piece of your UV map (So say the sleeves are originally 2 uv pieces, but are on each other, it will cause shine in cas. Which is okay, just make sure to inform your downloaders about it, and it should be fine in-game)

Now about the the skin coloured parts that should be transparent.

This will make you use Shaders (Unless you know a Base game compatible transparent enabled mesh, take that one instead). But you can basically fix this in 2 ways. The first one is splitting the mesh in 2 groups. So the pieces that should be transparent are in a different group. Then, you want to go to follow this tutorial but skip the entire UV map part, because that's not necessary in your case (I've done a lot of Conversions and I never applied that one, or actually, you already have done that.): http://ikarisims.tumblr.com/post/87...tsheer-clothing (Go to step 5)

If this doesn't work, let me know. The other way around is a bit advanced and even I keep doing it wrong sometimes.

The fourth picture might be either a mesh issue or a texture issue.

If a mesh issue: Make sure you applied Normal vertex data, then align normals it (these are plugins that are on MTS, if you need any help finding them, let me know.) Also make sure you use the 'extra data tool' tool and write in ever tab '255'.

If it's a texture issue:

- Make sure your specular map is dark but with highlights.
- Make sure you added a bump/normal map to it. (Both specular map and bump/normal map should also be applied in mesh> Material> click on the 3 dots.)
- Make sure the diffuse map is grey scaled.

For clothing fixes you could follow through:

Texturing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKH...f6SdjhTA383CbKH

Fixes and helpful tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44s...383CbKH&index=4

Let me know if you keep having issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 10:57 AM
Okay, thank you once again.
I will look at it soon.