Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM Last edited by Xanthas : 7th Jun 2009 at 6:51 AM. Reason: Update
Default Exchange
This may be common knowledge to everyone, but I found this interesting.

I made, using the kits from this site and an ungodly amount of time, a custom pattern - just some standard geometric what have you. But then after loading it up in game and being able to change the colors -as per what Delphy said I should be able to do- I tried to upload it to the exchange. And it worked!

It does appear under my studio and once I get people who have confirmed downloading it and using it in game I'll update this post.

--Update-- Apparently it downloads but fails at installation.
Advertisement
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:09 AM
My suspicion is that it is doing the same thing that lots do when they export with CC - They have a reference to the type/group/instance IDs of the CC, and the "preset" details like where your sliders were when you exported the file, but don't actually include the original CC files like the texture image.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:29 AM
This could be an issue later on...
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kennylz
This could be an issue later on...

In what way? This is how the TS2 exchange worked originally, they changed it with one of the EPs so that it automatically included all CC in the sim packages. People just had to provide "shopping lists" of content that was required for the sim/lot/whatever to function.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:09 PM
Apparently it IS installable but the people who do that cannot seem to find it.

It's under the gemometric category and should be the one at the very bottom and it doesn't appear as custom content to me.

Here is the link if any of you want to mess with it.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=64390

I'm going to try removing the .package in the Mods/Plugin folder and see if I can still find it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
Nope. Doesn't work

Damn you EA