Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2019 at 12:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default modifyNeighborhoodTerrain cheat doesn't work
Hi all,

Hope some-one can help me with this. I'm trying to raise the terrain of my newly created neighborhood while using this cheat. It normaly should let you select the terrain, but it doesn't. I'm sure it's on and my neighborhood is empty so nothing could be in it's way. The map I'm trying the change is DesideratedValley, I've all the expensansions and I'm running Win10.

specs:
Intel i7-7500U [email protected]
Ram 12Gb

Any help would be great

thanks
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 27th May 2019 at 12:52 AM
Are you typing it in correctly? I know I screwed up a few times with the typin the code in and couldn't understand why it wasn't workin. I've never had it not work for me except when it was user error :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th May 2019 at 1:27 AM
How exactly are you typing it?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4 Old 27th May 2019 at 2:01 AM
it should be..... modifyneighborhoodterrain on
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2019 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
it should be..... modifyneighborhoodterrain on

I type the first letters of the cheat , use tab and than on after it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th May 2019 at 2:19 PM
So from a cheat file? Sounds like something is wrong with your alias.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2019 at 3:09 PM
[QUOTE=joandsarah77]So from a cheat file? Sounds like something is wrong with your alias.

I don't use a cheatfile. But when you type a few letters in the cheatbox and click tab it completes the cheat. I do that to make no mistakes, I only have to put on or off after it. It just doesn't do anything when I do place on after it.
Instructor
#8 Old 27th May 2019 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stefan17
I type the first letters of the cheat , use tab and than on after it.

type the cheat, then hit enter key
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 27th May 2019 at 6:47 PM
Do you have any lighting/shader mods, by any chance? Those can make it so that when you use the cheat, the green square doesn't show. The mod still works in the sense that you can raise/lower bits of the terrain, but you can't see what you're highlighting so it makes it very difficult. This is a problem with Dreadpirate's blue snow fix, for example, which alters the terrain shader, which is what's used to highlight terrain to be modified when using that tool. I use Dread's mod, so if I need to do any terrain sculpting, I have to remove its shader fixes first and then the green highlight square will show.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th May 2019 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Do you have any lighting/shader mods, by any chance? Those can make it so that when you use the cheat, the green square doesn't show. The mod still works in the sense that you can raise/lower bits of the terrain, but you can't see what you're highlighting so it makes it very difficult. This is a problem with Dreadpirate's blue snow fix, for example, which alters the terrain shader, which is what's used to highlight terrain to be modified when using that tool. I use Dread's mod, so if I need to do any terrain sculpting, I have to remove its shader fixes first and then the green highlight square will show.

Yes, I've them. I removed those files from my downloads and as you said it showed. So problem solved thanks everyone.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 27th May 2019 at 11:39 PM
@iCad thanks for the heads up on that mod, I had it downloaded but hadn't installed it.

~Call me Jo~