Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2019 at 6:39 AM
Default SimPE Finder won't find anything
Hello !

Kind of a newbie so I apologize if this has been addressed but I've been trying to figure this out for about three hours to no avail. I've always wanted to create CC but unfortunately I'm a Mac user... Whatever, I just got a cheap (and slow) PC that I thought I could use to run SimPE for extracting the meshes and create the .packages once I was done meshing.

Since my Sims are on a different computer, I have made a copy of (users/docs/sims/ea games/whatnot) and changed the directory in SimPE preferences so it could find a neighbourhood if it wanted to (neighbourhood browser works fine, in other words).

Now, I wanted to try this charming tutorial http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142305 but I have been stuck at Step 7 for three hours. The reason ? When I enter the file name (tmaccessoryeyeglassesthickrim in my case) and click Start, it will say "Please wait" for a grand total of 0.5 seconds and then just give up. It never finds anything !

I have tried the names of several objects to no avail. Anyone has a clue what's going on ?

Thanks for any feedback and sorry again if I'm in the wrong place !

Beatrix
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd May 2019 at 7:56 AM
That's because they are not in Documents, that is your hood, CC etc. I assume if you want game meshes you will need SimPE to point to the installation files. Mine points to both I guess. I haven't actually checked how exactly it finds thing.

You will also need DDS Tools. https://developer.nvidia.com/legacy-texture-tools

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd May 2019 at 11:56 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd May 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Nearly all the folders need to point to the install files location except one, which should lead to the location with the Download folder and saved files. You need to set them up in preferences under Extra.

If you look for meshes you need to use the name of the property set resource, minus any extra, and sometimes with a different age. Most body meshes are named something like "afbodydress" where the two first letter are the age, then body/top/bottom, then the name of the individual item. They always start with the age. You should always use the proper type for your project, so if you make separates, use a bottom mesh for bottoms, top for tops, and use a body mesh for whole-body meshes.

Some meshes or recolors are multi age or gender, both written with an u, but this is more common for large costumes or hair/makeup (something like uuface, aubottomskirt, umfacebeard or some such - not actual names, just examples of usage in case you stumble over them).

If you ever want to work with objects, you also need the CEP to recolor or clone ingame meshes, or they won't be recolorable. It is a good idea to set it up while you are fixing simie anyway