Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#726 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 12:56 PM
My sim thinks it's his job to clean his dish when he finishes eating at a restaurant . (counter).
The waiters should tip Him.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#727 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 4:07 PM
i had a problem with the gypsy woman, she stayed in 1 of my houses so i just moved house (i didn't wanna buy loadsa new stuff so i just put essentials in the inventory)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]`Taker could kick Orton's ass.

Edge is a crybaby

DX!DX!DX!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Iridescence
#728 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 4:45 PM
I have't seen this and I've been watching this thread...

Are tattoos in NL? Not skins or part of clothing, but masks? I loved the body adornments that the Urbz let you have. Also, still the same four basic hair colours (plus grey) or has Maxis graced us with some new ones...?

Meh.
Test Subject
#729 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 9:09 PM
I installed Nightlife yesterday. After 12 hours of frustration and finding that nearly all the new features don't work, and finding my game completely unplayable with Nightlife installed, I am wishing I had never bought it; and certainly wishing I had never installed it.

Unfortunately I left my original The Sims 2 disk in my house down in El Lago when I evacuated ahead of hurricane Rita. Otherwise I would even now be uninstalling the game and reinstalling without Nightlife.

My advice: If you like the base game exactly as Maxis programmed it, go ahead. If, like me, you find the unmodded game unplayable, save yourself a lot of time, frustration, and money, and let this one go by.
Test Subject
#730 Old 22nd Sep 2005 at 10:50 PM
libertytoy and Osbert, (I hope I got the names right)
I also have no NPCs downtown when custom content and hacks are enabled. When I disable them, my game works fine, but I really miss the ME painting, among other things. I don't know whether to uninstall all the games or not. I copied my download folder. I am afraid the games won't reinstall properly.
Lab Assistant
#731 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 4:05 AM
Nightlife is Grand, I think it makes my computer run faster, instalation was a breeze, just please God (Merola), give me the Multipainting and Mind Control Mirror!
Test Subject
#732 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 8:46 AM
I've been reading a lot of posts all over about people having such horrible problems with NL. I feel bad for them. Mine worked fab! Installed great (and fast). Every piece of custom content worked perfectly. I was actually shocked, as I expected to have several nervous breakdowns. Hacks such as Merola's painting also works just great. The only thing I haven't tried yet is simpe. I'm still sort of hypnotised by the game to start with that. LOL

Since my system is handling it so well, if anyone has anything they'd like me to try out, feel free to pm me and I'll test whatever anyone needs to be tested. I try to check this forum out daily (I have so many new sims I need lots of hair and clothes :nod: ).
Lab Assistant
#733 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 9:42 AM
I was having trouble getting my people to move so I did the boolProp thingy in neighborhood then went into their house and it said a career was corrupt so I hit delete then I took off the bool thing....well I played alright for a while until I tried to go to downtown for some reason it wouldn't load so I did the bool thing again....it said this ...

Athletics #24 Error Invalid constant ....it said the location of the error was in ... document settings mydocs Eagames logs/objecterror_noo9_t35895.txt

Can anyone tell me what this may mean...I have deleted all the careers I had so its not a career I dl'ed ....

I don't know what to do if I dont do the bool thingy everytime I come into the neighborhood or go downtown it will just act like its loading and never load....
Lab Assistant
#734 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 10:26 AM
lol @ darkmage. i donate plasma twice a week. so i guess im one of very few having the slowdown problem?
Lab Assistant
#735 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 1:09 PM Last edited by Mystarria : 23rd Sep 2005 at 5:56 PM.
I got Nightlife when it first came out. Installed and have had no problems at all with it. All custom content showed up after the first reload. I have an ATI Radeon 9200 and just over 1 gig of RAM. The game runs alot more smoothly since I put in Nightlife.

When I went into my first familiy (which I was playing before Nightlife) I got the option of if I wanted them killed off or not. I chose no and since then I haven't been asked again on any of the lots.

Prior to installation, all I did was remove my object and global hacks from my downloads folder. I left all of my custom content where it was. The only hacks I've even attempted putting back in so far, are ones that have been updated for nightlife (all in one npc - just the base files, the updated portal fix, the censor blur removal that Quaxi made, and just about to try out smarter serving again.)

I've only found a couple of possible bugs so far. One being that when at a resteraunt with outside tables, the npc arrives with my food and it never shows up on the table (all the other tables work fine I think except for that square wooden outdoors one) No more outdoors dining for me. The other issue may not be a bug, but seems like it. Sometimes my simmies seem to refuse to do things. Random things. I'll tell the sim to do something and it either pauses a long time before doing the action, or it cancels out of the action all together. This is without a blocked route or the other sim involved in another action. Other than those two minor things though, everything seems smooth.
Field Researcher
#736 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pc216
I've been reading a lot of posts all over about people having such horrible problems with NL. I feel bad for them. Mine worked fab! Installed great (and fast). Every piece of custom content worked perfectly. I was actually shocked, as I expected to have several nervous breakdowns. Hacks such as Merola's painting also works just great. The only thing I haven't tried yet is simpe. I'm still sort of hypnotised by the game to start with that. LOL

I know how you feel. Mine runs GREAT! Runs faster, custom content shows up with no probelms. Latest version of SimPE (48c) fixed my biggest woe. I'm all good! I'm sorry that others are having problems though.

To Sim is the GREATEST adventure...
Test Subject
#737 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 6:27 PM
Working fine for me. It installed really fast and so far nothing buggy has happened. Some of the new cheats let you change the age of any sim and max the motives. And also max or minimize your aspiration level. I am not a big user of them but had to try them out of course. Had cleaned out my download folder for installation and so far no urge to put it back. The phone is still annoying of course and why can't they just turn that tv down. Are the sims all half deaf?
Forum Resident
#738 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 6:38 PM
Night Life Jump Bug?
Sorry, I tried to post this elsewhere (in a new thread- I guess) but wasn't being allowed to- So I am posting it here (also posted on Sims2.com)

Before you ask- I have removed all custom content and hacks from my game, before installing NightLife.

Here are the problems I have been encountering- My pre-NL sims have very limited interactions available with the NL townies (but not the NPCs- they seem to function as they should.) When I attempt to use one of the (usually there are only just 2 available- shoo and entertain> tell joke) interactions I have noticed that when I mouse over the new NL sim (to select them for the next interaction) it causes the 2 sims to jump out of the interaction. The interaction icon dissappears and they both physically move from where they were standing, ever so slightly. I have also noticed that when try to use the new NL interactions between 2 of my existing sims, the interaction is cancelled. Even if I try to call and ask on a date- the action is cancelled- the sim walks over to the phone and just stops in front of it, the icon dissapears. This occurs in my neighborhoods as well as the downtown lots.

Another problem I had (only twice) was that I cancelled my sim going to work using the carpool and sent him to work in his car (this was a new sim post NL installation and a new lot- but it was not the first time I sent him to work in his car.) A few sim hours had passed and he appeared standing idly on the lawn and there was no car in the driveway. I exited the lot without saving and came back to it- still no car and there was a message that my sim had missed work that day. I bought another car and the same thing happened.

Has anyone else had these problems? Is there any sort of work around or should I just scrap all of my saved sims/games and re-install everything fresh?
Test Subject
#739 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 4:20 AM
Mine works fine! I had to remove custom careers and a Teen Woohoo mod, but that's all. Other than that, everything works fine, my game runs more smoothly, and I'm overjoyed! Can't think what could cause the problems for everyone else, though...

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

Me and my imaginary friend think you have serious mental problems!!!
#740 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 10:30 AM
Weird bug
My install of nl was fine and i took the same steps as uni to install it but did anyone notice that the first time that I used the disco light, on "Random Timing" it said something like {[Loop:0$]}On! The next time i loaded nl, it was gone!
Test Subject
#741 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nick
My sim thinks it's his job to clean his dish when he finishes eating at a restaurant . (counter).
The waiters should tip Him.

taha, my sim is doing that too. even plates sbdy else ate from. weirdo.
Field Researcher
#742 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 5:30 PM
I am so excited and mad at the same time :cranky: :evil:!!! I ordered it in June, and get back from N.C.(North Carolina) on Wednesday to find that it was cancel because of my card expired. My husband went out to get it for me!!! I just knew that the Sims were going to be popular when I first played the very first one on Xbox. Keep it coming Maxis!!!:bump:

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer
Field Researcher
#743 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkling
taha, my sim is doing that too. even plates sbdy else ate from. weirdo.

If your sim has a very high cleaning or neatness they will do this.
They hate anything dirty.
Good way to have a free maid is make a roomie that has all neatness and activity settings up max and move them in with your sims.

- GunMod
Freelance Game/Software Designer
GunMod's Forums

Tip to Never Get Lost: Remember, No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!
Test Subject
#744 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 8:15 AM Last edited by mmargg : 25th Sep 2005 at 10:50 PM.
Hi All, I've had NL for a week now and not all of my sims acquaintances show when they want to call someone. Family never shows! Any help on what to do?
Test Subject
#745 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 6:04 PM
In next EP, i want Sim can go to another Sim's house..
Can EA give that?
Hey do u know, what game that Will Wright made in the next?
When it release?

Hello There Any E-Friend Here?
Test Subject
#746 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 3:57 PM
i wasnt very impressed with the sims 2 university, but now i have NL so yea its pritty good, excluding the fact that my sims cant go downtown! due to the fact that i have a slow a** computer! err! im not THAT excited about the sims in buessness or w/e its called because i havnt heard enough info about it, it just dosn't sound very convincing.. but i guess i cant talk untill i hear more about it...
Telle
xxx
Test Subject
#747 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 2:48 AM
how do we get our downloaded files like hair,clothes,makeup etc. to show up in the game???
Test Subject
#748 Old 27th Sep 2005 at 4:26 PM
Im having quite a few issues with NL myself, like when I drive downtown, sometimes the lot will go into edit mode like im back home, and then completly freezes up and I cant do a thing. Im thinking it might be some of the many hacks I have...im in for a loooooooooooooooooooong weekend trying to sort which works and which dosent...I do know that the book of magic and the podium that has all the voodoo bottle spells does NOT show up, but the bottle itself does, go figure...seems like an awesome game though from what little ive been able to play! Now to turn my sim into a vamp, heheh
Lab Assistant
#749 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalisa
*sigh* If you had actually read through this thread (or thoroughly read the "Enable Custom Content" popup window) you would have seen that the meshes only show up in the game after you restart the game after enabling them. Your meshes aren't gone.

*sigh* I did read through this thread and I DID enable them.. eh more to the point.
I did however fix it. Granted I had to completely remove the download folder and just put everything in it back again but it did fix it. My point was I had a glitch in the game that didn't correct itself with just merely enableing custom content and then rebooting.. Sorry you waisted that sigh

EP's are always buggy and not all bugs effect all players. This was just a tiny quirk I did manage to fix. Why it fixed it I have no idea but it did. Now RG's kitchen stuffies shows up again where its supposed to.

For what ever reason the game just wasn't reading through the download sub folders .. and all my meshes were in those sub folders. Problem fixed and solved now.

Thanks

rain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#750 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 2:54 PM Last edited by daysies : 28th Sep 2005 at 3:02 PM.
If you have any Nightlife problems, please post them in the Help section. The moderators of our Help section are not checking this thread for issues *and* many FAQs have already been written specifically for Nightlife. Problems should not be in this thread anyway as this is a Site News item.

FAQ: http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Help section (open to new threads only): http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Locked thread | Locked by: daysies Reason: no need to discuss further; help issues go [url=http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31]here[/url]
Page 30 of 30