Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:27 PM Last edited by illg1l4life : 4th May 2011 at 2:42 PM.
Giant, Shrunk, Or Any Sized Sim You Imagine, Version 3.0 Out (05/03/11)
If you ever dreamed of having super giant sims like the stretch skeleton cheat in sims 2, or tiny sims smaller than Verne Troyer AKA Minime from Austin Powers, dream no more because it's here!!!

If you used the stretch skeleton cheat in sims 2, you might remember how ridiculous or deformed those sims looked when you super stretched them, with these mods, not only can you really stretch them, but you can make their bodies look normal and not a giant thick stick!!! See it for yourself the images in the bottom of this thread

Default sims are about height of 6'2 even females. THESE MODS ARE ALSO MADE TO MAKE REGULAR SHORT OR TALL SIZED SIMS. Maybe you looking to make your sims as short as 5 feet or 1.50 meters. Maybe tall like Yao Ming or Shaquille O'neal, if that's the case you are in the right place. Maybe you have someone you know that's 5 feet tall and you want to make a sim at that height, this mod will let you do that. Or if you have short celebrity sim like Eva Longoria or Reece Whiterspoon, you can now make them the height that they are.

Only Here This Is Made Possible, You can find the download post in post #19:

The mods that many of you been waiting for is here, Enjoy
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:33 PM
I know that Delphy has a Sims Height Slider, but that slider is only to make sims taller, not shorter. He mentioned that making a sim shorter results in major bone deformations.
However, you said you managed to make dwarfs as well. So, if you're able to make dwarfs without them having weird bones and such, then you might just create a slider for creating dwarfs.

For the dwarfs: have you tried testing them in-game as well? As in: can they walk up stairs properly, do they get in a bath tub, can they reach the microwave...? (I'm just curious about this actually. :3)
I hope to see some screenshots coming from you soon, this sounds really interesting. :3

"Broken people get recycled."
- Katie Melua -
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:42 PM
Delphy's a he.

He never released the short slider because of issues with deformations, yes - especially the hands, which would flap wildly if you adjusted the sim down too much. I think there were others working on short sliders who ran into the same issues, but I don't know if they were ever resolved.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Delphy's a he.

Consider my mistyping changed. :3

- Katie Melua -
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 2:23 PM Last edited by illg1l4life : 21st Jan 2011 at 12:39 PM.
Ok I will put pictures soon. I have pretty much every slider that's out there including Delphy's, and I have list of people who I should thank as well for them. I should point out few things before I put them up which also answers some of your questions.

Giant Sim - The feet/ankles cannot be scaled away from its original placement. Because of this, The legs cannot be spread so making the legs even taller would just make the legs look like stilt walkers (the once clowns walk with that makes them much taller). Fortunately with the leg width slider I can make it look normal.

Dwarf Sim - Technically speaking I can make them even shorter than 3 feet. The problem is that the legs keeps spreading sideways when I make them shorter which can look deformed or tolerable.

The biggest flaws with both are the actions and interactions. Any interaction which has direct physical interaction has the same flaws with the other height sliders, but such is how things work. If you were able to tolerate it with the current height sliders which most of you I assume were able to, then I don't think you would find this much worse. Other things like sleeping, the giant sim can be seen behind the wall if they sleep on a bed against the wall while the tiny sim is too short you don't see him in the pillow. In the bath you can see the tiny sim's mouth right above the water almost looking like he is sinking and his head is almost in the middle. The worse flaw is the sitting. Particularly the tiny seem half his body is covered by the seat/sofa, if eating at dinner table he looks like he is eating under the table sitting on the floor. The tall sim has huge gap space between his sitting posture and the object which the sim is meant to seat, this includes the bath. If you used any of the height sliders you might have noticed this before, this is much more extreme in this case. Fortunately they both can walk the stairs normally. Lastly the tiny sim look a bit awkward reaching but he can do it. The hands of the tall sim look somewhat weird when doing something like making a salad as the hands have to squeeze themselves.

Overall anyone who would love to have giant/tiny sims to the point they willing to tolerate some of those flaws would love this. Given it's very difficult to make sims look normal at extreme heights due to bone deformation this looks great.

Another thing to consider, in CAS, you have to be very specific in how you modify the parts and in almost any random combination you will get something looking very weird and completely deformed. This also includes if you change a sim from female to male and vice versa, for example changing from female to male makes the head looks super giant, but those problems can be resolved with the sliders.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 4:21 PM
Here is an initial upload of the pictures. Note that so far I focused on the giant female body and tiny male body. There is still need to be work done on the giant male and tiny female, particularly in the upper shoulder/chest of the male. This is still a work in progress
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 5:15 PM
The shaking hands and feet is caused by messin up the ratio's, both joints are under a angle and scaling those will mess things up.

you can however scale each finger joint but still looks silly.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 6:54 PM
Haha the tiny sims are adorable! :D

I'd love to have one of those in my sim family. I can imagine him running... xD
I must say you're doing great! :3 Really. I admire the work you're doing here.

- Katie Melua -
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 7:29 PM Last edited by illg1l4life : 21st Jan 2011 at 6:11 PM.
Awesome I'm happy to hear that.

I will soon upload them up for testing, I will have to look through the different slides that are used to make it possible. In addition because of the extreme measures, it can be time consuming to figure how to balance the sliders accordingly so they would look normal relative to their height. I'll include with this the saved sim file that has the right body figure like the 4 you see in the picture I uploaded.

If anyone who will be willing to test and also help me with shaping them to look well for all heights, you would be doing a great help for me.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 12:50 AM
Good News, I managed to improve the upperbody/shoulder of the male to look more normal. I added 3 more images of the sims you can see below.

Note that sometimes you get glitches where you can't see a certain body parts to its specific modification unless you look at it in certain angles, I'm sure some of you encountered something like that before. The breasts for the female may look a bit awkward, I did it that way purposely just to be safe from anything inappropriate but in the game itself they actually look great thou you face those glitches issues at certain angles like I just mentioned
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 1:06 AM
You have much better results when using the scale options.
If you like i can explain a little.

I had a attempt a long time ago but never released it because of the hand/feet shaking.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 1:30 AM
Yes I would as I'm still new here. I don't even know how to use milkshape I only used current sliders and scaled it more using s3pe. Fortunately I was able to avoid hand/feet shake, on occassion I might see hand shake if I pause but rarely during the game while playing.
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 2:14 AM
Oh, you dont use Delphy's slider templates?
Never used S3PE so have no idea wat options it has.

With Delphy's tools you can move/scale and rotate the joints.
The only problem with scaling is that the skeleton and its joints have a ratio between them.

Quote:
You basicly can split up the full skeleton (Root bone) in 2 seperates: The spine0 bone and the pelvis bone If you want for instance scale the spine0 bone you automaticly scale the bones above it like the spine1/spine2/shoulder etc etc but only the spine0 bone will be scaled properly. All bones connected to the spine1 will be scaled again. So scaling the spine0 will scale spine0/spine1/spine2/shoulder/shouldertwist/upperarm/biceps/forearm/wrist/hand/index0/index1 and index2.(and all the other fingers) But spine 1 will do it again, it will scale: spine1/spine2/shoulder/shouldertwist/upperarm/biceps/forearm/wrist/hand/index0/index1 and index2. Spine2 again, it will scale: spine2/shoulder/shouldertwist/upperarm/biceps/forearm/wrist/hand/index0/index1 and index2. And so on. So if i scale spine0 the index2 finger will get scaled like 9 times more wich will pull the whole upperbody out of porportion. That is why the hands tremble. I say arround 9 times because the shouldertwist and the biceps are not related to the bones that are below them. These are not movement bones but are there to give the 3d shape more or less volume during a animation. However, the above story works for scaling the height(y axis) but i have the idea that scaling the z and x are a bit diffrent..... So if you scale spine0 smaller you should scale the bone that is connected to it bigger, this will scale back all related bones back to the correct ratio and the hands will stop shaking. All bones related to the pelvis will act the same, if you scale the pelvis you need to scale the thighs bigger and so on. Altho you can fix the shaking hands the feet are alot harder because the foot bone is rotated twice, arround 43.6 degrees in the y axis and 0.785 in the z axis. I guess scaling the foot bone will mess up those angles wich are used in the animations. Or its due the fact that the foot bone is somehow connected to the floor as lifting it will move the footbone up but pull all related vertices out of porportion.(they got stuck on the floor) Sorry for my crappy explnation....not my home langauge Hope this made sence

I now know the shaking is caused by scaling the rotated joints, it messes up the animation.
you can however scale every joint all the way up to the hand, each time you scale one joint you fix the trembling by scaling the followed up joint back.
If you want to try it out you should start with one axis at the time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 3:14 PM
Thanks for the information. I never created anything using Milkshape before but I did use it to see what bone joints are selected for each name so I knew what was impacted when I selected spine0, spine1, spine2, etc...

I used some of Delphy's program like "Bone Delta" where it has hexadecimal code like 6FAF7238 is reference to spine2, that same hexadecimal code can be found in S3PE for the sliders packages file so based on it I knew what specific joint I was scaling.

The main problem is figuring how to start something from scratch, I used sliders that were made by you, delphy, jonha, etc.. and I expanded on them that's how I created those sims sizes. If I knew how to create them and select whichever joint I can to scale/manipulate I could potentially do more improved changes to the sims sizes.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by illg1l4life
If anyone who will be willing to test and also help me with shaping them to look well for all heights, you would be doing a great help for me.

I'm willing to test them, but unfortunately I'm only available from the 4th of February.

- Katie Melua -
Sockpuppet
#16 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 2:27 AM
You definatly want Milkshape in the background.
you can import a GEOM(any will do) and Wes his plugin will load a default skeleton that you can view.
All bones are listed in the joint tab as named joints.
I also have a testfile(i hope) as CAS outfit wich is a kinda skeleton were each joint is a sphere.
Gives you a good indication how its put together.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 12:51 PM
I will post the sliders in the next few days for testing, there is still quite some work I need to put before I upload it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 12:53 AM Last edited by illg1l4life : 27th Jan 2011 at 6:44 PM.
I will post the sliders tomorrow, I worked on it all day today and I'm exhausted. In order to organize everything it would take me about a week more of work but as far as having sliders, not only I got extreme sizes but even more extreme. By now the title should be 20ft & 1.5ft sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:29 AM Last edited by illg1l4life : 3rd May 2011 at 3:00 PM.
WARNING! READ THE 2 BELOW BEFORE DOWNLOADING

1. Look at the list of the files in the bottom, the files which I used were replacement of current sliders available online, particularly those belong to Jonha. If you have any of those files, back them up, DO NOT REMOVE THEM. If you don't have any of those files listed on the left don't worry about it you won't need them. The names shown to the right of those files names are the names of the files I used in this upload, these files are the replacement files for the original once corresponding to the files names you see to its left. If you have two of the files that correspond to each other in your mods/packages folder, it may result in conflict, or not work. If you don't want to replace all 16 sliders, you can start with 1, so if you choose XXX_JonhaLegLength for example, you will need to backup the original JonhaLegLength outside of the mods/packages folder which you put XXX_JonhaLegLength instead, but you can still keep the rest of the original files as long as you not replacing them with one of the XXX packages.

2. If you have any of the sliders in the list below, current sims in your game including in CAS that uses any of those sliders will result in changes of their shape completely. So you will most likely see those sims looking completely deformed and different. This is why I particularly recommend you to backup your files.

Comments about the sliders

1.Some sliders I did create two of which you should acknowledge their purpose:

Torso Height - This is the grandaddy of the extreme size manipulator, if you want everything from feet and hands size to change you will have to use this and in all likelihood you would use this.

Vertical Elevator -
(A) Unfortunately I kept having problems with giving it name assignment in CAS mode, so in CAS if you notice a blank name, that's the Vertical Elevator.
(B) The greater you try to manipulate the sizes, the margin of error grows exponentially. In this case the extreme sizes causes sometimes the sims to stand in mid air or sink below the ground instead of standing at ground position. The Vertical Elevator will solve this problem and you will have to adjust it so they will stand on the ground.
(C) If you make the Sims super gigantic like the one i showed in the last picture, you can only see their legs (Yes, that tall). If you want to modify the body or face, you won't be able to see them, but with the Vertical Elevator you can lower them to see their body and face, you can also do this by adjusting the legs to as short as possible. Temporarily it will make the sims look abnormal with gigantic upper body and no legs really but it's easily can be changed back

2. You would need to be more precise with the sliders to get the Sims to look normal and not deformed. It might take a bit of practice and experience to make them look good so please be patient.

3. As mentioned before, certain things like interactions & actions like sitting down or laying on bed will look screwed up. It happens with other sliders but this is more extreme in this case.

4. I also mentioned before there are glitches which makes the sims look blurred from distance and not normal, the bigger the sims the more those glitches occur. Maybe a better video card or something with modifying graphics can prevent it more but overall you can always set the camera view at an angle where those blur go away
  • SOLUTION - Set the Sims Detail to 3 or 4 under options

5. If you maximize the size of the sim using my sliders, it could take more than 1GB of ram, but it shouldn't be too significant to have effect if you make the sim for example the size of a ceiling so you can still enjoy the freedom of using those mods without problems. This is just more of a precaution and if you do maximize the size i'd recommend you at least have 2GB of ram
  • SOLUTION - Try reducing some of the visual textures and/or compress your packages files to few

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  XXX_SuperSizes (Version 3.0).rar (19.5 KB, 4189 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:41 AM Last edited by illg1l4life : 21st Jan 2011 at 11:52 AM.
I have used alot of other current sliders that are available online, if I was to guess you might not get the sims to look normal with some extra sliders. So I show below a listing of all the current sliders I have in my Mods/Packages folder. I would recommend you download some of those sliders if you want to make the sims look better.

You can find many of the sliders shown below in the following links:
www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3_Content_List:Create-A-Sim_Content

There are certainly more things I need to say and I know that this is far far from perfect and many will have questions to ask. I expect to hear some errors or problems with the sliders from you guys and this is why I'm putting it up for testing.

Note that this was very hard to do particularly because CAS can act very weird and do things like sims floating in the air, hands & feet shaking, and that I had to spend 5 minutes each time to load the game in CAS mode after loading the neighboorhood just to test changes.

Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 12:46 AM Last edited by illg1l4life : 3rd May 2011 at 3:06 PM.
This post is dedicated to show updates:

01/22/11 - zip file has changed, I found out I didn't include the butt package file and that I had the wrong Torso Height package file, the new one has the right Torso height package and the butt package

01/23/11 - Solution solved for the glitch issue, simply set the sims detail to level 3 or 4

02/02/11 - SimHeight package file instead of Pelvis Width was used as the replaced file for the XXX_VerticalElevator. You may use the regular Pelvis Width package file now with the new zip file uploaded

02/11/11 - THE BEST VERSION HAS COME, this far exceeds the previous uploads I put, this one has additional 4 sliders, sims can be even twice as taller than before, but most importantly, REDUCED HAND SHAKE AND NO FEET SHAKE. Read post #28 & #29 for more info

05/03/11 - Version 3.0 was uploaded to replace the previous Version 2.0. The file names remained the same as before so the replacement files indicated in post #19 still applies to Version 3.0 albeit the title being for Version 2.0. Mostly just some tweaking were made, particularly to the body girth and the new mods would allow you to make a non-deformed giant
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 6:17 PM
I very much want people to express concerns, questions, etc regarding the sliders. I didn't put as good pictures as I could've with the earlier once, so I'm posting up again better pictures to hopefully get you to see that they look pretty normal for their given size. I particularly want to know those that considered downloading but chose not to, what detered you, I want to improve this to your better likings
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#23 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 10:22 PM
I'll probably download this some time, it looks fine to me. I am jsut too busy to get round to it yet.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 9:21 PM
Per request by someone who's name I won't mention, I posted this picture with some skin purposely hidden to avoid offensive or innapropriateness that would violate the rules here.

Screenshots
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 4:20 PM
incredible mod but i have a problem the hands of my sims keep shaking every time
Page 1 of 4