Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2016 at 11:51 PM
Default Creating a Sub Neighborhood?
Hey,

I am interested in creating a themed Vacation sub-neighbourhood with my own premade lots, Sims etc.

I wanted to learn how to create it the correct way for uploading, that way if I possibly wanted to upload it one day I couldn't have to recreate it again.

Most info I found on my own was the Creator's Guidelines: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...l_Neighborhoods
A tutorial from MATY: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,5861.0.html
Jawusa's Clean & Empty Neighbourhood Templates: http://modthesims.info/t/544800

I assume I just back up my current files, remove downloads so its easier to work/load with & follow the tutorial and use Jawusa's templates for all files.. Expecting a lot of trial and error?

Then I create what I want/need and export/extract it into a safe place.

Would I first have have to create my custom neighborhood, then create sub-neighborhoods for each appropriate EP?
Then I would have to upload the Neighborhood + Sub-neighborhoods separately?

for these types of things is best to have a 2nd computer/external hard drive to run a clean template version of the Sims?

I also have the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any replies and sorry for all the questions
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 9:14 PM
@XxCTxX
Look at these tutorials. Tutorial: How to Create a Custom Subhood Template
How to create a safe shareable occupied neighborhood

These tutorials will explain the most.
The only difference is that you can't use the AnyGameStarter because you have Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Meaning your subhood will require all EPs and SPs.
But don't worry. This won't be a big problem. If you disable these following things, nothing can go wrong.

In order to create a subhood in The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

You'll have to go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData
And rename the Neighborhoods folder to Neighborhoods_Disabled.

Then, you have to go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\EP4\TSData\Res
And rename the NeighborhoodTemplate folder to NeighborhoodTemplate_Disabled

This one needs to be renamed.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Seasons\TSData\Res\
Rename the NeighborhoodTemplate folder to NeighborhoodTemplate_Disabled

And this one.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Free Time\TSData\Res
Again. Rename the NeighborhoodTemplate folder to NeighborhoodTemplate_Disabled

Oh, and this one as well.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Apartment Life\TSData\Res
I know it's annoying but rename the NeighborhoodTemplate folder to NeighborhoodTemplate_Disabled

Phew, almost done.
Now you'll have to go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res
There, create a new folder called NeighborhoodTemplate_Disabled
Now go to the NeighborhoodTemplate folder and take out V001 and put it into a newly created folder.

This is important. Make sure that all of the stealth hood templates are disabled and the default Neighborhoods folder too.
Otherwise you won't have an empty hood. The game would add all of the stealth bin families and the default townies if you don't do that. And if you add the subhood to a neighborhood, you'll have duplicates of the stealth sims. Which is not good.

By the way, I wish you good luck in creating your own vacation subhood. If you need help, feel free to PM me. I'd be more than happy to help out. I've already created a custom vacation subhood. (It's called Winter Wonderland)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 9:29 PM
Thank you so much!

It's going to be a mighty challenge, but it's something I really want to try!
Trainee Moderator
#4 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 9:40 PM
You're welcome! What kind of vacation subhood would you like to create?

By the way, do you want to create a mountainous subhood? Or an Asian subhood? Or a tropical subhood?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 11:30 PM
I'm planning on creating a tropical subhood with beaches, hotels, bars
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 10:19 AM
Ooh! Sounds nice! If you need playtesters, feel free to PM me. I'd love to test your subhood once it's complete.

My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 9:22 PM
That would be great thanks!