Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 1:04 AM
Default Floating white shapes after using CFE
I'm revamping the library in Sunset Valley, and after using Constrain Floor Elevation to tweak the floor heights, there are these floating white shapes outside of the building. They're not visible in build/buy, only in live mode, and they shift and change depending on the camera angle, so they're always sloped towards the 'camera.'

Anyone encountered this before?

EDIT: Forgot to post the pictures!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 2:07 AM
sending out the bat signal to @tsyokawe, the queen of CFE...

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#3 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 9:52 AM
Welcome to the club. There is some fixes about, but if they really work I don't know. I guess you either painted the ceiling or used those the friezes?
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 3:57 PM
FIrst off, walk around underneath the ceiling tiles, and delete them one by one with your sledge hammer.

And then save. Save your lot as a share file with a temporary name.

Bulldoze the lot, then replace it with your temporary share file.

Go back into the lot, and look for ceiling tiles again. If there are any, delete them.

Save your lot again. THIS new lot, should be free of ceiling tiles.

IF there are tiles, repeat the procedure. I've never had to repeat more than once.

Your new Share File should be clean of these odd ceiling tiles!
mature minion
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:31 PM
Tsyokawe, I'm not sure why you've included the saving and replacing the lot stages? I usually find that sledgehammering them is enough and that saved and replaced versions are just as prone to creating new cfe ceiling tiles. I'd be really interested to hear if your experiences are different or why you've included those steps.
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tee Hee She
Tsyokawe, I'm not sure why you've included the saving and replacing the lot stages? I usually find that sledgehammering them is enough and that saved and replaced versions are just as prone to creating new cfe ceiling tiles. I'd be really interested to hear if your experiences are different or why you've included those steps.

I find sledgehammering is enough to remove the tiles, but that's only a temporary fix.

In order to keep the tiles from coming back I save the lot after I've used the sledgehammer.
Then I remove the original, and replace it with the new file.

Then I look for tiles again. When I find them, I remove them again.
I save the new lot as a share file again.

When I delete the current lot, and replace it with this second saved lot, I usually find that there
are no tiles to be found. BUT if there are, I repeat the process.

I have at least six lots in Sunset Valley (that are second and third share files), and they have no floating ceiling tiles.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 5:52 PM
Do you have something I can test? If you can upload it here?
Scholar
#8 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Do you have something I can test? If you can upload it here?

Three are already uploaded here at MTS. In fact, it was when I built my Castle in the Nadelbaum that I happened onto
this solution. I remember posting about it somewhere...probably this very forum. I was ecstatic to find there was a way to finally
rid myself of the tiles.

Other uploads would include: Dinky Dwellings: Switch Tower and the Steampunk Caravan

Both of those uploads also had tiles in the first draft, but lost them after I resaved the them twice after.
dodgy builder
#9 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:03 PM
I remember you mentioning it before, but you deleted your answer. I asked you if you had tested it in gameplay.

I will look at some of those later when I get the time. The trip to Rome was so exhausting.
Scholar
#10 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 8:05 PM
Glad you're home safe.
dodgy builder
#11 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 9:32 PM
Thank you tsyokawe

I downloaded the switch tower as there is no CC with it. I just need Ambitions, can't forget that. I'll be back with a report later on.
dodgy builder
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 4:06 PM
I moved Una in with more to the switch tower and she got 2 dogs from from the dogresque. I had her living there for a dog, excuse me, sim week and I didn't see any white floating tiles. I don't know. I'm drawn between having to do another bunch of work to upload a house and halleluja it may have been solved.

I think it needs more testing though. If someone else has tried some of tsyokawes houses with painted ceilings and cfe, and can't see any floating tiles, that would be very helpful.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 9:39 PM
Sledgehammering works fine for me. I've not had a problem with them returning, but then again, I haven't saved and placed most of my lots anywhere else.

I think you're unlikely to get any better advice. I'd take on board tsyokawe's suggestion

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:02 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:14 PM.
I don't need advice I need to hear from someone who has tried this solution. I'm working on a house myself, so somewhere along the line I will have my own experience to tell about.
Instructor
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 10:36 PM
Tsyokawe taught me this solution too and it works for me.

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
dodgy builder
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowkeeper
Tsyokawe taught me this solution too and it works for me.

Ok. Should be interesting to see how it works on the dog farm I'm making.