Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 10:56 AM Last edited by CrazySheep808 : 6th Oct 2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Clarified title
Default When exporting a community lot, the sims3pack is very large
I've made a music shop. It's got quite a lot of CC but the only thing you need for it to function is the savvy sellers set. However.

When exporting it, CC is not included but it looks like some information is added to the .package file, making it very large. I've tested it on a clean game - it does not provide the CC if you don't have it, it's just a large file. Since my upload was marked as "changes required" because of this, I'm guessing not everybody has had this problem.

It may be related to the problems detailed in http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...ighlight=export but I'm not sure.

I'm hoping someone else has seen this before. Can anyone here help? The rar's attached :-)

Cheers
CrazySheep808

P.S. Clarifications:
Savvy sellers set not included either
All the CC is installed in my game as .package files, except custom worlds. The only instrument that came with a world is the violin, but a lot more info than just that is being added.

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
mature minion
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:03 PM
Hello, I've checked the file you had attached to this post; using CUSTARD as the moderator had suggested. Your sims3pack is indeed clean of cc.

However, there are still a few unaddressed issues that you haven't fixed that were pointed out in the CR. You need to fix the links, some of them lead to non-existent pages. You also need to not included any items which the creators have asked not to be used in uploaded lots.

Fix these issues and continue using the upload wizard/ CR process. That is the only way to upload things, not just having them as attachments in forum threads.

Thanks for your time
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:50 PM
I did fix the links! And none of those items are included if you don't already have them!

This post is asking for help with the file size. I don't know why it's so large. My research has thus far been unfruitful. Do you have any ideas?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 8:53 PM
To clarify, I am posting here asking for help after a PM from a moderator. I'm not trying to bypass the upload process.

dodgy builder
#5 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:00 PM
This is not the place for tech savvy help. Try the help section in the top menu instead. Have you tried the suggestions in the thread? It might be the same issue, but it's hard to know before you have tried.

When it comes to CC, you really have to read what the creators says and follow their policy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 9:51 PM
Argh sorry for posting in the wrong place. I thought I'd followed the link sent by the mod who reviewed the lot, but obviously not!

I totally agree about CC policies. As I have stated, the items do NOT appear if you do not have them installed already. They do NOT come with the download. I am merely considering the possibility that that's where the extra info is coming from, seeing as the file size is so large.

So, to summarise:
I made a lot
I exported the lot
I tried to upload but the mod pointed out that it's a very big file (along with a few other things about my post that I have fixed)
So now I'm asking for help to find out why it's so big!

I'll go post in the help section too. Thanks for the tip :-)

dodgy builder
#7 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:14 AM
As Tee Hee She points out you should put your arguments forward to the mod in the changes required as that's where the mod is and you have a set time to answer.

I know it can be tedious. I enjoy fully my bypass privileges I can a sure you😊
mature minion
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 10:49 AM
Sorry I misunderstood your intentions. Yeah, it is curious as to how the sims3pack has ended up so large. I might try exporting it again and see if it still ends up quite as inflated. We do need lots to be in the sim3pack rather than package file format unfortunately.

P.S. Glad to hear the links are fixed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 11:21 AM
Ooh, good idea!

Except, it didn't work . Still 20MB. And other lots I export seem to be inflated too. If I were to post my specs, what extra info would likely be needed to check the export process?

Volvenom, I'm posting here after having gone through the changes required process. The mod didn't know how to fix it so s/he suggested I post here. Do you have any suggestions that might help me solve this problem?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 10:23 PM
Hi everyone - I'm still checking this thread, hoping for ideas. I exported a basically empty residential lot ad it was 670KB - tiny, about the size I'd expect. I exported a fully built residential lot and it was 4,000KB - also about right.

Next step is to export a community lot that doesn't use CC and see what happens. Any hints still welcome!

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 11:39 PM
Try removing the images from you sims3pack with custard. The pictures are for TS3 exchange and so are not needed on MTS.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:12 AM
@crazysheep808

I don't know how much larger it might make your files...but:

Sometimes, I have moved a lot, or taken a saved lot, and put it in another empty lot.
When I've done this, any and all buydebug spawners have multiplied. I mean sometimes instead of one butterfly spawner, I'll end up with 6.
I really don't know how large the spawner files are...but if you have spawners...I dunno, maybe some of your file size increase is due to them?

edited to add: nevermind. I didn't realize how old this thread was, or that you'd uploaded the lot in question. sorry.

p.s. I'm glad you asked this question in the build section. I'm sure this problem has hit many of us...I don't know why some files inflate to such a point.
But hopefully someone will come along and read your question. Hopefully, someone will have learned what causes this and how to fix it.