Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 3:20 PM Last edited by diamok : 25th Jun 2009 at 3:50 PM.
Default Sims 3 - Slopes
I've looked around some here and there and was unable to find any definitive information on creating slopes. Tricks used in Sims 2 do not seem to work for Sims 3, or I'm not performing them correctly.

In any case, I'm wondering if anyone has been able to create slopes in Sims 3? I'm looking to create one that is as tall as a normal wall, basically from the floor up to the top of a normal wall, or to the floor of the the second floor. If that makes sense.

Any info would be great, thanks in advance.

Edit - Fixed misspelling, had sloops when I meant slopes.

Take care,
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:05 AM
From Onelook.com:
"Quick definitions (sloop)
▸ noun: a sailing vessel with a single mast set about one third of the boat's length aft of the bow"

Are you asking about slopes?

"Quick definitions (slope)
▸ noun: an elevated geological formation ("He climbed the steep slope")"
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:27 AM
um..im pretty sure you mean slopes. You can make them with the level terrain tools to raise the level and then soften it to make a 'sloop'.

A watched pot never boils. But a watched pan still fries, and a grease fire burns down your house whether you watch it or not.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
From Onelook.com:
"Quick definitions (sloop)
▸ noun: a sailing vessel with a single mast set about one third of the boat's length aft of the bow"

Are you asking about slopes?

"Quick definitions (slope)
▸ noun: an elevated geological formation ("He climbed the steep slope")"

Wow, I miss spelled something...thanks for being a sarcastic bitc...pain miss perfection! Probably took you more time to copy and paste those two verses then it would have to say something like Freak did.

@FreakOfKulture - Correct, I meant slopes, but I did not explain what I was attempting to do very well either. I'm trying to make a slope using floor tiles, sort of an access ramp if you will.

@Community - Don't bother replying if your just going to be a downer, it's not desired, needed or appropriate.

Take care,
Site Helper
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:41 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic. I was trying to be helpful. There are people who make boats using TS2, so you might have meant sloops. Because there was so little information in your original post, I needed clarification before I could help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
My bad then, I am sorry. Long day, then a long night makes me grumpy.

Take care,
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM
If I understand you correctly you want a sloped road similar to what you'd find connecting to basement garages? It works the same way as with Sims 2 with the constrainfloorelevation false code, unless I've completely forgotten how you did it in Sims 2. Here's a link to a tutorial I made explaining it in more detail.

Link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:36 PM
Thx Darim, that's pretty much what I was doing, though I think I did a couple things in the wrong order.

Take care,
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:31 PM
The terrain tools in TS3 are very tricky for me, so to make a sloping area for a basement garage, I just dig down, level the area, then use the soften tool to raise up the desired areas. I couldn't use the technique like Sims 2. Using tiles? No way, just put terrain paint there cause I am not awesome. Look at this link for an example.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.