Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:43 AM
Since downloading Sims 4 I think I've played it for 2 hours tops. One of the first things I did was redecorate the house my Sim moved into but even with different patterns or textures it looks very dull and bland. I haven't really done much with the game and really don't feel motivated. On the other hand, my Sims 2 families beckon...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:12 AM Last edited by Giga : 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:25 AM.
yavannatw, same. I have played for 4h. I lasted one whole hour until getting so annoyed by the slow 3rd speed so I had to install a mod. Only having played 4h and I have found so many bugs already! e.g dates don't work (had to move the guy to my family), inviting people over to my lot doesn't work, no guests or hired ppl showed up for my wedding. I had to stop a jogger running by my house so I had at least one guest. Now, guess if she just sat on my bed during the whole thing without following the ceremony.

After little over 1h, I went back to playing TS1. It has a better art style and is humorous. Other day tried ts4 again. Same, played less than an hour and then fired up ts3. It is such a beautiful game. I just can't get into ts4. I have tried for a couple of weeks now

And I definitely agree with what was said on the previous page how you can make sims 3 houses look realistic and how ts4 locks you into this certain way because it looks like a pixar movie. You can make ts3 look so different so easily. I mean different by mood. The sims 3 can offer you happy paradise to gritty cities. You just can't do that with the flatness of the sims 4.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
I just can't get into ts4. I have tried for a couple of weeks now
I don't think I'll even bother trying!

Even if they give the game away free again, I'd probably have to fork out a few hundred pounds for a new computer to run it on. And then I could only have about 5 houses in my town?! I've now got 40 playable households in Veronaville, spread over the main 'hood and 3 sub-hoods. And it runs on my 7-year-old netbook.

Anyway all my favourite Sims are TS2, and they all live in the neighbourhoods I've already got. Especially Veronaville. So why on earth would I bother with a new, different game?

So don't worry my dear Simmie friends, :lovestruc I'm not going to abandon you for some shiny new Sims.

(Why are TS4 Sins so shiny? I don't think real people are shiny.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#129 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
yavannatw, same. I have played for 4h. I lasted one whole hour until getting so annoyed by the slow 3rd speed so I had to install a mod. Only having played 4h and I have found so many bugs already! e.g dates don't work (had to move the guy to my family), inviting people over to my lot doesn't work, no guests or hired ppl showed up for my wedding. I had to stop a jogger running by my house so I had at least one guest. Now, guess if she just sat on my bed during the whole thing without following the ceremony.

Ah, that's a shame. For me those stuff seem to work and gone to plan as well. I'm kinda was relief the time going backwards with speed 3 hadn't occured at all. I believe certain annoyances/bugs in the game, but can't recall them. Thing that particularly stood out is the weak urgencies for depleted motive which I mention earlier. Oh, there's a bit of fighting of me and AI when interacting with toddlers. The I-put-toddler-on-highchair-then-immediately-pickherup issue remained as from TS2, but there seem to be a lot more PITA going on than I recall from TS2 toddlers. I had trouble changing diapers and with other tasks (potty training I believe).
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'd probably have to fork out a few hundred pounds for a new computer to run it on.

Not really... You could use the current/older computer If you wanted. It isn't high demanding game regarding specs. Maybe a modern ones, but not really powerful.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#130 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 6:57 PM
I have really taken some time and tried to get into the TS4 now. I even learned a few things that I did mention and agrue about in my previous post. Yes, there is a few community lots in the (tiny) hood. A sim can put out a fire by using a fire extinguisher and I have learned how to move in sims but it's still not the same as the Sims 2 and 3. It's to different. But I have discovered one other thing that I do not understand. All the sims, or atleast the most of them, seems to be young adults and teens. Adults are very rare and to me (as an adult) it does not make sence. An even mix would be better. I can play any age but it feels a little strange.

Oh well, I just wanted to post this random thought. (Sorry if I made some spelling errors on the way).
Theorist
#131 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I have really taken some time and tried to get into the TS4 now. I even learned a few things that I did mention and agrue about in my previous post. Yes, there is a few community lots in the (tiny) hood. A sim can put out a fire by using a fire extinguisher and I have learned how to move in sims but it's still not the same as the Sims 2 and 3. It's to different. But I have discovered one other thing that I do not understand. All the sims, or atleast the most of them, seems to be young adults and teens. Adults are very rare and to me (as an adult) it does not make sence. An even mix would be better. I can play any age but it feels a little strange.

Oh well, I just wanted to post this random thought. (Sorry if I made some spelling errors on the way).

Because they always market these games to that age group. Never mind the bulk of Sims players, and most of the ones who've kept the game alive creating mods to actually make the things work, are full-grown adults their eyes have always been completely glazed over to the actual adults who play this game.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:33 PM
SneakyWingPhoenix,

The highchair issue in TS4 - I circumvent it. The toddlers will gladly pick food off a counter and go sit in a couch, eating their food (doesn't need to be toddler food, just regular whatever the household is eating). On one lot I set up the same amont of livingroom chairs as toddlers in the kitchen, and removed all the highchairs. Best idea ever. No in/out of highchair spamming, and no preparing of special toddler foods. Some toddlers can be picky, but I think I've only had that problem once (the toddlers in my game now will gladly eat anything, even vegetarian food). I'm not entirely sure if they need some kind of skill to do this, but I don't think so since they can already walk when they grow up to toddler.

I tend to circumvent the highchair issue in TS2 too - I just feed them on the floor unless I absolutely need them to be in a highchair. I think there are a couple of mods that lets the toddlers feed themselves, too (Becks toddler table or some such, and bottomless bottles).

Motives in TS4 may be a bit annoying for those who like a challenge, because they're really not challenging at all. Most foods and most activities fill up motives really fast, and they don't depleat very fast, either (except for some pets - I had one that would go in red several times a day for no particular reason).
Forum Resident
#133 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:12 PM
The one thing that sims 4 did right was toddlers. They are so much easier to manage than sims 2 and are semi-independent. Plus they are so much darn cuter than the other 2 games.
Theorist
#134 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
SneakyWingPhoenix,

The highchair issue in TS4 - I circumvent it. The toddlers will gladly pick food off a counter and go sit in a couch, eating their food (doesn't need to be toddler food, just regular whatever the household is eating). On one lot I set up the same amont of livingroom chairs as toddlers in the kitchen, and removed all the highchairs. Best idea ever. No in/out of highchair spamming, and no preparing of special toddler foods. Some toddlers can be picky, but I think I've only had that problem once (the toddlers in my game now will gladly eat anything, even vegetarian food). I'm not entirely sure if they need some kind of skill to do this, but I don't think so since they can already walk when they grow up to toddler.

I tend to circumvent the highchair issue in TS2 too - I just feed them on the floor unless I absolutely need them to be in a highchair. I think there are a couple of mods that lets the toddlers feed themselves, too (Becks toddler table or some such, and bottomless bottles).

Motives in TS4 may be a bit annoying for those who like a challenge, because they're really not challenging at all. Most foods and most activities fill up motives really fast, and they don't depleat very fast, either (except for some pets - I had one that would go in red several times a day for no particular reason).

I quit using high chairs for toddlers a long time ago. They just waste time and space. For TS2 and 3 it's most efficient just to grab a bottle from the fridge for them. Then when they finish with it, feed the baby. It works.
Field Researcher
#135 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:06 AM
So like, after playing for only a couple hours I can already feel the limitations of the game with the fixed neighbourhoods and kinda limited base game content, but I really like the Freelance career option there is, along with the programming skill, and even smartphones. It's actually kinda amazing it took us until the Sims 4 to get programming in the game, when it's made by programmers :L
I can get the first 2, but programming probably should've shown up in a later pack of 3 tbh, but whatever not a big deal. Maybe they didn't want to simulate themselves until 4 lol.
As for the phones, I've found the one single sim I've been playing isn't addicted to it at all, less so than the ones in 3 were. Other sims will actually ask you to do stuff, which I like since in real life hanging out and dates are mutually planned. Also there's a built in command to take selfies, photos of other sims, selfies with other sims, and photos of whatever! 2 and 3 do have similar options, but it's not quite the same. Also there's camera filters, so that's cool. Additionally there's some social media thing I'm ignoring, but I like it's there. I'm 19, smartphones are a big part of modern life, and honestly it's fine if that dates the game, every sims game is dated by virtue of simulating the modern day.
I'd be interested in buyable cell phones in 5 if that ever appears, that then dictate how your sims can communicate. Maybe have a CAS setting between some basic ones (Eg none, feature(flip, bar, QWERTY slider), smartphone(normal, overpriced, and foldable*)), upgrades in game for fancy ones, with townies getting a default normal smartphone under default settings. Maybe even let players choose what percent of each age group has what, get them grandparents some flip phones yo! Or everyone if you want to make it 2005.

I also like the CAS additions and sim body/face shapes. It's truly the first sims game where we get sims who look like people more or less with their body proportions. Not always of course, but better than the other games in the series. Also I haven't used it yet, but the gender fluid set up is awesome too!

Also since there's no cars and everyone apparently walks and takes transit everywhere(?) it's almost weird there's no bus models driving the roads, except it's an American game so we get the fancy looking probably largely useless tram in one part of Willow Creek while the poor get nothing. 'Murica!
I admit I could be wrong there and might just be stretching. Also where's the soul crushing sprawl? Why is it all nice walkable looking places! Where's the giant parking lots! ;P
Apparently that's what I notice. Welp. IDK 3 kinda did stuff with transportation which was cool, but eh whatever, not the biggest deal I guess even if it has a major impact on life depending on what your options are and how much they cost. It'd be fun playing a family struggling to pay for a car, while also living in an area that's hard to walk or bike anywhere and has bad transit. Maybe that's too close to real life, but it'd add some challenge and likely spread some awareness about how transportation options can get the cycle of poverty going. In contrast could be a similar family in a better area for car free life and wealthier sims can just live wherever you want em. This whole side tangent assumes customizable worlds even if they're not open. Maybe districts to merge the styles of 2/3/4

So summary: I like the new tech stuff and updates for today! Smartphones and programming are things I miss in 2, along with CAS and gender stuff! Game still seems limited. Neither 4 nor 2 entirely do what I want out of a life sim.

*5 will take long enough foldable phones will either start taking off by then, or not. Really not important, the animations could probably be reused between all phones, just with some having less options. This would also allow landlines to have a use. Additionally needing sims to buy phones for their kids could be used in so many ways from too poor to buy one, to no phone types, and whatever else

WowoW it's a badly hidden owo UwU Yeet skeet Idk what I'm doing
Mad Poster
#136 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

I kind of wonder why my Sims prefer to nap more than sleep? It is because they're sleepy during night and horrible encouraged interaction?
Also, I notice a Sim was more incline to raise their fun motive (even though it's green), than to get something to eat despite starving

Honestly, I can't seem to find much joy of it with my current family I have do so far, as there are only very minor trivial things to do. Community lots aren't that interesting (since lounge/nightclub/bar barely differ from one another), I haven't really visited them that much. The game really has a room for (and needs) improvement, and I'm not (just) talking about omitted stuff.

Mad Poster
#137 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:36 PM
^ Mine, too. I see the thumbnail go dark blue and think they're properly asleep, but usually find them on top of the covers taking a nap.

For food, I've found they often go snacking on cake instead of making a family meal (some sims make family meals, other make single meals). Kids love birthday cake, and wll prefer this over anything (I do understand them because cake is awesome - but it does get annoying after a while, and if toddlers get hold of cake, all hell is loose with a huge tantrum). And what's with all the water glasses cropping up everywhere?

I tried the dating mechanics last time I played, and it's so easy to get gold well within the time. Even my first ingame wedding party went off without a hitch. In TS2 at least these kind of mechanics were more of a challenge.
Forum Resident
#138 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 1:35 AM
In all 4 sims games, I think sims autonomy prioritizes on fun, even with their motives halfway down and the fun is maxed, they still do things like watch TV, dance etc. I can safely say that is a common factor in all sims games with the autonomy.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 2:00 AM
Always remember that the SIms games are drawn partially on Maslow's "Hierarchy of Needs" for programming and they will fulfill those needs first before any other lingering plans. Physiological will always dictate their needs and actions.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#140 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
In all 4 sims games, I think sims autonomy prioritizes on fun, even with their motives halfway down and the fun is maxed, they still do things like watch TV, dance etc. I can safely say that is a common factor in all sims games with the autonomy.

Yeah, except in TS2/TS3 their fun actions, say playing chest, are discouraged/disabled when a physical need is down. Maybe it's just one occurence with play the computer circumstance.

Theorist
#141 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 4:21 PM
It's always been like that. It always irritates me when a Sim has a slightly under half-full bladder meter and over half-full hygiene bar and will head to bathe or shower and not use the toilet first. And sometimes if their comfort bar is down they'll just go take a bath despite not needing to bathe at all. Sims never have been programmed in a way that makes sense.
Instructor
#142 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
It's always been like that. It always irritates me when a Sim has a slightly under half-full bladder meter and over half-full hygiene bar and will head to bathe or shower and not use the toilet first. And sometimes if their comfort bar is down they'll just go take a bath despite not needing to bathe at all. Sims never have been programmed in a way that makes sense.

Yeh that bugs me i just cancel it and tell them to go to the toilet first then shower, showering takes too long too so i make them do it when the meter gets to half way they overheat too if they're in there longer and i make them go to the loo regardless of how full it is since using it effects hygiene, it's the first things i look to attend to when they wake up to and if they don't need to then i look at hunger. If you have a comfy sofa and chairs around the house their comfort level won't get low and the Aspiration needs perks will prevent it from getting low but don't over work the sims cos again the comfort bar takes longer to go back up soon as it gets half way down make them sit on the comfy sofa or watch tv.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004

Well, not for my example. In TS2, very low hunger would drop their mod severely, making Sim complaint that there not in the mood for X. Indeed, AI wasn't really better, but it seems much worser from my personal experience. I have red motives in mind, not yellow.

Theorist
Original Poster
#144 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:17 PM
LOL ... so anyone who's willin to part w/ their hard earned dough can now get the EP's, SP's, and GP's at a discounted price. Is anyone even surprised at this? ... lol ... I know I'm not.
Theorist
#145 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Well, not for my example. In TS2, very low hunger would drop their mod severely, making Sim complaint that there not in the mood for X. Indeed, AI wasn't really better, but it seems much worser from my personal experience. I have red motives in mind, not yellow.

Hm. I've never run into that despite having some of them get pretty hungry. Granted, I tend to watch my Sims like a hawk so maybe that's why I didn't notice so much. I generally play with Free Will on but boss them around a lot. IIRC TS3 Sims do take better care of themselves than TS2 Sims do. Even so when I played the TS2 Asylum Challenge the only one who managed to die was the one I was controlling and that was because he ended up on fire (I don't even remember how) so I had to take control of another Sim to put out the fire. So despite them ending up in aspiration failure numerous times they still kept themselves alive.
Page 6 of 6