Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#1401 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 5:47 PM
Hi hi guys, well good luck with the rest of the competition, I won't be around now so much for a while, I am focussing on my online jewellery store and my art diploma, and probably won't see the results until I come here again! Take care all and be good! See you all in a few months!
Love and cake
Cake xox
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1402 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Hi hi guys, well good luck with the rest of the competition, I won't be around now so much for a while, I am focussing on my online jewellery store and my art diploma, and probably won't see the results until I come here again! Take care all and be good! See you all in a few months!
Love and cake
Cake xox

Good Luck Cake! Sending you prosperous wishes!!!

k x
Forum Resident
#1403 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 8:25 AM
fairycake89- Since you likely won't be here for the finale, let me say thank you for participating, being helpful, and being fun.
Best of luck with your endeavors! You go, girl!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1404 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 4:58 PM
I want scores up no later than the 19th! :D

Reminder: These lots are the shit. Consider uploading them!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#1405 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 9:03 PM
Love and cake
Cake xox

Good luck to you! Thank you for all your help and expertise!

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Scholar
#1406 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 5:20 PM
Love and cake
Cake xox

Good luck with your endeavours and thanks for your encouragement and feedback.
Test Subject
#1407 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 10:35 PM
Love and cake
Cake xox

Bye! Have fun!
Does anyone know her website?
Test Subject
#1408 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 9:48 AM
I don't like to fuss, but my lot for round 3 is still connected to the wrong person with these judges: Yellow, Green, Red, Blue and Pink. I have no 52 but my house is registered on no 51: IshigreenSA, for all of the judges except one. Please change this, it is important for me even if I didn't go through with the contest. Thank you.
Test Subject
#1409 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marbi
I don't like to fuss, but my lot for round 3 is still connected to the wrong person with these judges: Yellow, Green, Red, Blue and Pink. I have no 52 but my house is registered on no 51: IshigreenSA, for all of the judges except one. Please change this, it is important for me even if I didn't go through with the contest. Thank you.

And my round 3 lot is also connected to the person above me! I should be credited with The Simlan Church.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1410 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IshigreenSA
And my round 3 lot is also connected to the person above me! I should be credited with The Simlan Church.

It has been fixed -- It will show your proper scores when R4 goes up

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#1411 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ

Any idea when that will be?

God will never give you more than you can handle--my mother
Test Subject
#1412 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 8:48 AM

Are mine fixed too?
Test Subject
#1413 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 2:38 PM

Thank you for your hard work in fixing this. I am sure it took time to track down the problem and to make sure that the scores were really with the right person or project, so I really do appreciate your hard work! I know I didn't score well, but still, I like credit where it should be due to the right people. Thank you very much!
Inventor
#1414 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 8:04 AM
I just wanted to update the contestants, as I've already let Q know, but I'm going through a family issue right now and am not able to get to your round 4 scores until sometime this weekend. I do apologize for the delay, but I promise I'll get to them shortly. Congratulations to everyone who made it through the whole contest (it was a doozy!) and anyone who participated. You all rock and I'm jealous of yer srs building skillzzz. *two thumbs up, would judge again*

"Goonies never say die."
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1415 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
I just wanted to update the contestants, as I've already let Q know, but I'm going through a family issue right now and am not able to get to your round 4 scores until sometime this weekend. I do apologize for the delay, but I promise I'll get to them shortly. Congratulations to everyone who made it through the whole contest (it was a doozy!) and anyone who participated. You all rock and I'm jealous of yer srs building skillzzz. *two thumbs up, would judge again*

Holy bold statements, batman.

I ran this contest. 2/10. Would not do again.
(If I DO do this again, someone remind me to allow no more than 40 people...everything was just so pretty T__T)

Lab Assistant
#1416 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 6:28 PM
aww qbie, sorry that you didn't enjoy it. you inspired lots of us to participate and start uploading, me included, I tip my hat to you good q.
Inventor
#1417 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 6:43 PM
Holy bold statements, batman.

I ran this contest. 2/10. Would not do again.
(If I DO do this again, someone remind me to allow no more than 40 people...everything was just so pretty T__T)

Aw. I thought it was fun, even with the monstrous amount of contestants. As usual, it did make me even more self conscious of my already horrid building abilities, but ya' know - them's the breaks.

"Goonies never say die."
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1418 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 6:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, I loved the fun parts of it -- making that scoresheet was the devil, though. Trying to wrangle so many uploads into a time frame was bad as well...bleh. Scores soon, though, and I will write a nice little conclusion post thanking everyone and all that jazz

Field Researcher
#1419 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 10:59 AM
Don't get me wrong, I loved the fun parts of it -- making that scoresheet was the devil, though. Trying to wrangle so many uploads into a time frame was bad as well...bleh. Scores soon, though, and I will write a nice little conclusion post thanking everyone and all that jazz

Maybe a group of judges and someone who is super organised with spreadsheets to support them? I couldn't have done it and I'm known at work as the one who gets Excel to do what I want (because I know my limitations and am more computer savvy than my colleagues ) but I bet there's someone out there who could do it easily and has the time to do it.

As contestants, the time is pretty easy - either we have time to do it or we don't: If we do, how we use it is up to us; if we don't, we either tell you and ask for an extension or decide not to take part/continue taking part. For you and the other judges, I thought of it like being on my sons' Scouts' committee - it sounds easy at first, but soon tries to take over all your time - and the analogy holds up when you think of how to make it better in the future - get the people who can do it and have time to do it to get involved, and delegate.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#1420 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
As contestants, the time is pretty easy - either we have time to do it or we don't: If we do, how we use it is up to us; if we don't, we either tell you and ask for an extension or decide not to take part/continue taking part.
Every extension messes up the planned schedule for host, judges, and other contestants. One of the big reasons why I ended up dropping out, was the delaying of rounds, scores, etc. cause I then turned my attention to other things that eventually got in the way of participating on the last round.
Field Researcher
#1421 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Every extension messes up the planned schedule for host, judges, and other contestants. One of the big reasons why I ended up dropping out, was the delaying of rounds, scores, etc. cause I then turned my attention to other things that eventually got in the way of participating on the last round.

Yes, I can understand that - and I'm sure other people that didn't finish the competition also did so because of the delays. I'm guilty of a late submission myself for round 4 though I later realised it was 1 hour late not 2 as I'd looked at something that wasn't allowing for daylight saving time when I typed it.

Actually, if QBuilderz and the other judges had said 'No, it's either on time or it's not judged', that would have reduced the amount of lots to possibly a more easily judged and added to spreadsheet quantity.
Test Subject
#1422 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 2:01 PM
Maybe I should have just dropped out. I wasn't getting good scores, and it would have been one less worthless lot to judge.

But I just got addicted to it.
Field Researcher
#1423 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IshigreenSA
Maybe I should have just dropped out. I wasn't getting good scores, and it would have been one less worthless lot to judge.

But I just got addicted to it.

I was determined that I wanted to finish and try to improve my own building - I actually got worse scores each time and have paraphrased this for my lots
I want scores up no later than the 19th! :D

Reminder: These lots are the shit. Consider uploading them!
by removing the word 'the'... Hey-ho,
i'll see what I get for round 4.

Your lots improve so much to my eyes over the competition! They start as ordinary houses and end up looking like story like super cool story boards for a cool new film! Umm, ok, maybe not the criteria for the competition and I had a comment from round 1 that 'This isn't a story competition', but they look interesting and flow with the landscape you've put them in.
Test Subject
#1424 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
I was determined that I wanted to finish and try to improve my own building - I actually got worse scores each time and have paraphrased this for my lots by removing the word 'the'... Hey-ho,
i'll see what I get for round 4.

Your lots improve so much to my eyes over the competition! They start as ordinary houses and end up looking like story like super cool story boards for a cool new film! Umm, ok, maybe not the criteria for the competition and I had a comment from round 1 that 'This isn't a story competition', but they look interesting and flow with the landscape you've put them in.

But your lots were much better than mine. You started out much better at 79 to my 56! and your finale after three rounds is 229 but I'm at 196! On average, yours was worth being in the contest as where mine were not really good at all.
Lab Assistant
#1425 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 1:33 PM
I found that there was a couple of Judges that took their critiquing very seriously. In a way, there was one imparticular that just seemed displeased with everything *meaning this loosely* on my lots. Honestly, I disregarded that judge by his/her comments on round 2 and most certainly on round 3. Just participating was outside my comfort zone. I had attempted twice to upload lots in the past here on MTS but they always rejected them, so I gave up. I turned into a lurker at that point until this completion. Am I upset that I am not awesome? No, I got exactly what I wanted from his, amazing creative ideas and this nagging spot in my rear end that now wants to mod new objects for the game. Trust me the hubby isn't happy with my desktop as cluttered as it is with designs and codes. it's quite a mess, but it makes me happy.

So, anybody that feels that OMG I just have to win, is not taking the experience these competitions are really intended for. Everyone created masterpieces in my opinion. They are all stellar no matter if I would have chosen those themes or not, if it makes you happy so be it. Now let's see if Rnd 4 is going to be the same. *chopping up the soapbox, and running away from the mob.

Page 57 of 59