Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 12:08 AM
Default How to make a lot bigger?
I'm going to attempt to make a real life house in The Sims 3 lol but I need a big lot. I'm playing on Sunset Valley. The park's lot is huge but i don't want to remove the park. There's empty space all over the place, is possible to create a new lot somewhere? I'm kind of new to The Sims. I usually just play and I'm not too familiar with editing towns and houses. I think the park was about 60x60. I found a house that was about 40x40 but it wasn't long enough for the house I'm trying to make. Is it possible to make lots bigger or add big lots? I'm hoping to possibly get a 100x100 lot or something around there. Are there any mods that can do this?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 10:24 PM
At the bottom of your interface or menu, you have a button for the world editor. You can delete houses and lots, and then put down a new lot from one of the default one's in world editor. The terrain between the precious lots may be unroutable though. So you just have to try it out.

I don't think you can make anything bigger then 64x64. If you could it would probably kill your computer.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 11:44 PM
You can add additional lot sizes to the world editor using this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=471164

64x64 is still the max, though.

Edit world mode only allows you to place new lots on routable terrain... which means it will STILL be hard to find a place for a big lot in a town like Sunset Valley, even if it looks like there's a lot of empty space, since a lot of the terrain is designated as unroutable. However, if you don't mind bulldozing a couple of smaller lots you might be able to place a larger lot in their place. Placing lots in the World Editor is... kinda fussy though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 2:41 AM
Thank you. I got all of that working except I was trying to fit a 64x64 somewhere, and I couldn't find a decent spot so I moved two lots, but it only moved the house and the lot is still there instead of it being blank space. How do I actually delete the lot?
dodgy builder
#5 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 9:03 AM
You just click on it and delete it.