Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 11:18 PM
Default Any very, very basic tutorials
Any one know where I can get some very, very basic tutorials with loads of pictures on getting started doing my own CC as I don’t know what I’m doing and I don’t want to wreck my game by doing something stupid . And is there any way to bypass MilkShape which I find a horrible programme to use.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 1:25 AM
You must have Milkshape to use the plugins to get the content in the game. But you can mesh in any other program and then use Milkshape to assign joints and then export as the needed format.

Wings3d and Blender both have tutorials on the net, but you can find tutorials for meshing in all three of those here in the Meshing section.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 8:39 AM
It's pretty impossible to wreck your game with a mesh mod A save possibly, but not the whole game. And even if you did, you could reinstall it.

If you've never done ANY kind of CC before, though, I would start with something simpler and better understood than mesh modding. The very first object mesh mods for sims 3 have only started to come out in the last couple of weeks; there are still many unanswered questions, and not very many tuts. You might want to start with a recolor, which would teach you how to use the cloner and the package editor, or hair or clothing.

Whatever project you choose, you can expect plenty of trial and error Don't be afraid to make mistakes!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 12:30 PM
Thanks for replying, I’m going to start small, I always want to jump in and do the big project but given I don’t have a clue maybe the smaller job is the smarter.