Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:57 PM Last edited by Asmodai : 19th Aug 2009 at 7:38 PM. Reason: new problem encountered
Default Changing the waist line? *UPDATED WITH NEW PROBLEM*
Hey peeps,

perhaps a fairly simple question, but I want to lower some of the waistlines on some pants.
Some of them are just ridiculously high, and I'd really like to lower them

Do I need to do this with the mesh? I'm new to all this, and I'm not exactly sure what I need to do in order to get what I want

thanks!

"Semen is our friend" -Dutch researcher
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 6:15 PM
94 views, and not a single person can tell me whether or not this is a meshing job?
Or even point me out to some sort of tutorial?

weak...

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:36 PM
Sorry, didn't see your question previously.

It depends on the mesh whether it's a meshing job or not... If it has a 3D ridge, then yes, you will have to remove that, and change the textures.

If it -doesn't- have a 3D ridge, then you just change the textures.

Easiest way to do it is with CTU to export meshes/textures, and then edit the meshes (if necessary) using Milkshape and Q-Mesh. Edit the textures in whatever program ya like that can do it - Photoshop, GIMP, etc. - then you can either do a non-default mesh using CTU, or a default replacement using Postal or S3PE.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:38 PM
okay, I think I got the basic idea of whats supposed to happen... but now I'm facing a new wall

How can I remove the black band and the transparent blue part?
I already edited all the .dds files, except the Part Mask, sicne I'm not really sure what that does

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 12:02 AM
Could 'Part Mask' be your Alpha? How it looks?

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it's run over by a car, you don't want it.
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 1:16 AM
Asmodai, there's an "edit post" button which means you never, never have to double-post when you have additional thoughts Just add em to your previous post. That would be Rule 11
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by savio_araujo110
Could 'Part Mask' be your Alpha? How it looks?

I'm not entirely sure what it is...

I havent done anything with it, and left it as the original

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:03 PM
By the looks of things you havent edited the alpha that is included with the base texture DDS file to fit with the new... (much needed :P) ...waistline.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:02 PM
yeah I found out about that as well... edited, and now it looks better (still needs a bit of retouching)

but now I've noticed that everything still disappears behind the mesh... and I was hoping that that wouldnt happen