Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:07 AM Last edited by Kolikokoli : 5th May 2023 at 8:20 AM. Reason: update
Default Legacy Apocalypse / The 100 Challenge (total Lockdown)
Update 5.5.20203:
Here comes the rescuer, amazing OtakuBootiful who stepped in and save this challenge by updating it to match current standards and to take newest updates and DLCs in account.

Please check their updated version of the Lockdown apocalypse challenge here and go for scoreboard here !

THANK YOU SO MUCH, OtakuBootiful!

Old rules below:

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

J. R. R. Tolkien
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:39 AM
I am going to try this for sure! (just as soon as my game finished updating)
a couple questions on scoring,
1. skills, 10 points for max or 5? it says "Completed skill — 5 points for each skill" but on the next item "Completed unique skill" it says you get 10 points for a skill, explain please!
2. dead sim, does that include dead by old age? its rather impossible to do 10 generations without a sim dying
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cairee
I am going to try this for sure! (just as soon as my game finished updating)
a couple questions on scoring,
1. skills, 10 points for max or 5? it says "Completed skill — 5 points for each skill" but on the next item "Completed unique skill" it says you get 10 points for a skill, explain please!
2. dead sim, does that include dead by old age? its rather impossible to do 10 generations without a sim dying

1. For every maxed skill you will get 5 points. But if it's a skill you maxed for the first time (all sims counts here) you will get 20 points for that skill. Example: if your First Sim has max Painting skill, you will get 20 points. If your second Sim has max Painting skill and max Writing skill, you will get 5 points for Painting skill here and 20 points for Writing. This is just so people try to max different skills with Sims, not just the most usual ones .
2. I think for each Sim. So yes, you will loose some points but it prevents from making like 5 babies for every generation. It also prevents from moving the spares out. So if they die on a lot, you will lose only 5 points but if you move them out, you will lose 10 points. But you will get at least 10 points for a sim to grow up, so don't worry that you will lose too many points. I would change it only for unnatural deaths but it seems that in TS4 is super hard to die unnaturally

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”

J. R. R. Tolkien
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:25 AM
"Finally I found the settings!!" XD Any who, what pack is "Quake Zone" from? Also, I think you spelt "lose" like "loose." A Lot.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:42 PM
I just have a note. The Invention Constructor can't be used unless you're in the scientist career. I just sealed the bunker. So I will let you know how it goes.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:52 PM
Thank you for taking the time to write up a very detailed challenge. I geeked-out when I read the part about rolling a d6! This is super well organised and I absolutely cannot wait to start. You're amaaaazing! Cheers!

"All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few."
Marie Henri Beyle (1783-1842)
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:29 PM
How do we use the invention constructer without a sim being a scientist?
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:56 PM
Also one more question. How are we supposed to feed the sims without any money? I can't do any paintings to earn money or anything like that so I'm sort of stuck? Thanks for making this challenge, am looking forward getting into it more.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SignoraTed
Also one more question. How are we supposed to feed the sims without any money? I can't do any paintings to earn money or anything like that so I'm sort of stuck? Thanks for making this challenge, am looking forward to getting into it more.

You are allowed to buy the packs of seeds. I sold the seeds I had copies of or that I was not interested in planting. I ended up with seven simolians. On the woodworking bench, I made a statue that used all the money. Once I sold that I got more back like 10 simolians. I just snowballed from there.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 1:22 PM
How do we use the invention constructor without a sim being a scientist? Is there some work around for this that I am missing? Thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Dec 2019 at 5:19 AM
I recommend zombie apocalypse mod for anybody going for this challenge. It's not a nuclear war style, but it adds spice to the game. LINK:https://www.patreon.com/posts/25031312
PS: you will need to cheat to put on masks (So you don't get infected in the bunker, while gas spreading)
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 4:35 AM
I have a couple of solutions to the Scientist problem since the second gen 'can' go to Sixam but can't have a job and therefore get the Wormhole Generator organically.

First solution is the simplest: buy the generator while building and lock it away. Maybe set up a random roll to see if your 2nd gen is smart enough to break the door code or make it so that if your 2nd gen has a genius you can get in. I dunno, be creative.

Second solution requires a mod. It's Coolspear's 'Retired Scientist' mod, which is on another mod site. Just search it, it'll come up.

I changed my premise a little for this so either solution would have worked. I made a bunker that was an abandoned government lab (it's all updated with Eco Lifestyle stuff because the neighborhood totally gave me post-apocalyptic vibes; if you want to check it out my gallery name is Aodra as well. Just look for 'Abandoned Lab/Bunker). If I went with the retired scientist I could say my scientist knew about it and led the other people there. I went with the locked room option. I think I'll make it some sort of event and roll for it.

My only real issue with this is the unrelenting question: if everyone is dead/mutated, who buys the stuff in my inventory? I have not found a solution. I figure once I reach Sixam I can say I'm selling to them but in the meantime I used MCCC to make my bills $0 because, again, who's charging me money? My lab has solar power and water purification so I figure I'm set. I will tell you though, money is very tight. Living on cereal takes a harsh toll.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th May 2023 at 8:20 AM
There is an updated version by OtakuBootiful, please, check the original post. Thank you

J. R. R. Tolkien