Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:55 PM
Default Stuff pack won't work.
Hi I recently uninstalled my game and I'm reinstalling it back on my computer and I can't get my festive holiday stuff disc to work. It keep saying application not found. I had no problem installing it the first time around so I don't know what the problem is..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 5:58 PM
Check the CD to see if it has any scratches, finger prints, dust, or other dirt on it. That could be the problem. If you can't fix it, check on ebay to see if anyone is selling a new-ish playable copy.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 10:11 PM
If you frequent a video store you can ask them to clean it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:11 PM
The problem isn't the disc, it was brand new when I bought it and I only used it to instal it the first time, it's been in it's case ever since then.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 9:36 PM
That holiday disc refuses to load automatically for me. It gives me similar error messages about failure to find the application or just sits there. I have to go into the CD and run the exe file manually. Even then, it takes more than one try to get it to work, and it's been that way since I bought it years and years ago. Try manually running the exe file on the disc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
That holiday disc refuses to load automatically for me. It gives me similar error messages about failure to find the application or just sits there. I have to go into the CD and run the exe file manually. Even then, it takes more than one try to get it to work, and it's been that way since I bought it years and years ago. Try manually running the exe file on the disc.

It worked, thanks so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 11:19 PM
Okay like I said I got the stuff pack to work but now I can't get best of business to work! My computer won't recognize the disc! The disc was scratched up a bit so I bought a brand new one and it still doesn't work!
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 8:47 AM
Does it do this with non-Sims discs? If so, it is possible the DVD reader needs replacing, or at least its lens may need cleaning. (There are DVD cleaning discs out there, and a few gentle waves of compressed air - from some distance from the inside of the DVD reader - can also be useful for this purpose).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
Does it do this with non-Sims discs? If so, it is possible the DVD reader needs replacing, or at least its lens may need cleaning. (There are DVD cleaning discs out there, and a few gentle waves of compressed air - from some distance from the inside of the DVD reader - can also be useful for this purpose).

As of now BOB is the only one it doesn't recognize. I could get a DVD cleaner though, it may help.