Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:14 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 24th Apr 2019 at 7:39 PM.
Default {SOLVED} Stone wall with wood trim
So I stumbled over a tumblr and found this BEAUTIFUL wall with stone and wood trim - And now I need it.
I was going to ask for WCIF but the owner haven't been active for months, and the wall seems to be from TS3 or TS4, maybe TSM.

Been searching without any results.

Thanks in advance :lovestruc

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 8:19 PM
Holy shit I want that too!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 8:27 PM
There has been a bunch of walls converted from 1, 3, 4 and TSM- it would help if we knew who's tumblr you saw this on!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 10:19 PM
@mustluvcatz I saw it at https://simarathon.tumblr.com/ and https://theatticbox.tumblr.com/tagged/Veliwen

Update: a not so edited picture, I think they are the same, I can do both in other ways
Mad Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 11:29 PM
But these screenshots don't even look like in game pics, they look like a drawing OF the sims 2..how weird. I personally don't like it.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 11:50 PM
Well, as helpful as the extra screenshot and all that is - I have no idea. I thought that they might be a Plumbbob Keep but the TSM walls they have there aren't the same. I do hope these get found though, they're pretty.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 8:34 AM
Yeah I thought so to but no, and with some extra research I found the walls to be from TS4 - Get together. Even so It's not in the conversion database
The search continue..

Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
But these screenshots don't even look like in game pics, they look like a drawing OF the sims 2..how weird. I personally don't like it.

That's usually a dead giveaway that the CC has been converted from TS4. That look goes very well with highly stylized Maxis Match games, but looks really bad in a game that goes for a more realistic look.

I saw a post on theatticbox's tumblr that said they made a lot of their own stuff for their 1950s 'hood. Maybe the same is true for the stone walls in the medieval one. Theatticbox appears to have been active within the last month or two - you could ask them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 12:03 PM
@RoxEllen1965

Yeah I am following Theatticbox and have sent two WCIF like 2 month ago but haven't got any answers

But thanks anyway for the help guys, maybe I will fix them myself by getting TS4
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 1:21 PM
I totally agree on this @RoxEllen1965 but these pictures are awesome...it is more than just *ah I see, this is S4 walls...* Look at the blue community phone, even that looks like a drawing. While I do not wish for S4 look in my S2 game, I really think these pics are a work of art.
@emmyjulia I do have this game pack, maybe I can extract the wall textures and you go and make them into S2 walls?...Can we do that mods? If all fails...
Lemme update everything...lol I have not touched anything sims 4 since a while.

Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 1:25 PM
@Rosebine
That would be lovley of you and I can totally do that! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 1:35 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 24th Apr 2019 at 8:05 PM. Reason: Emmy has it by now.
Good! S4 Studio is up, I'll zip that up.
Here you go. there are way more and different variations, but I choose these 13 walls..will this be ok?

These are all png files, and all 256 x 768. I like to keep them that size myself, so either you resize them to 256 x 512, or simply paste into your HomeCrafter's bmp's image. As you wish. I am sure you know how walls making goes.
@emmyjulia

Forum Resident
#13 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 2:14 PM
Oh please let me know whenever they are up for download! :lovestruc
I want them walls >:^D
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 2:47 PM
Thank you @Rosebine! I am already on it but one image seems to be missing in the file! I only have 12 pictures but the image says 13 :D

@vegan_kaktus
I sure do!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 2:53 PM
Oh! you're right. I must have selected one less when selecting them all. I fixed it and re-upload the zip.
You are welcome.

Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 3:27 PM Last edited by emmyjulia : 24th Apr 2019 at 4:13 PM.
Will upload later

Update: the walls are now available in the original post
Forum Resident
#17 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 4:28 PM
Thank you both very much! I'll throw them in my dl folder right away! :lovestruc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 7:48 AM
Sorry HL will do
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I totally agree on this RoxEllen1965 but these pictures are awesome...it is more than just *ah I see, this is S4 walls...* Look at the blue community phone, even that looks like a drawing. While I do not wish for S4 look in my S2 game, I really think these pics are a work of art.

@Rosebine - I understand now. I misunderstood you.

I think that person may have used Photoshop or some similar image editing program to sharpen edges, increase color saturation, etc. I have seen a lot of people do similar things to their screenshots, but I agree with you that these are really well done.