Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:37 AM
Default Windows10 Crashing
Okay, I know. ANOTHER user having problems with the sims 2 with windows 10.... not suprised.
Well I just bought a new computer just a few days ago and I know all the specs are over what I need for the game but it keeps crashing, sort of at random.

So it was mainly crashing after I made a new sim family, when I clicked to save the family and return to the neighborhood it would load 3 bars in and crash but still end up saving the family. Only once has it not actually crashed during that so far.
The next crash happened when I was building a house and I started turning on a few cheats, the boolprop allow45degreeanglerotation true, moveobjects on, and boolprop snapobjectstogrid false, and it crashed.
The crashes otherwise freeze the game to where I have to log the user out or restart the computer cause the screen won't let me transfer to the task manager when I pull it up to end the task. And when I right click the sims exe and try to close the window nothing happens so I have to log out the user. Other types of crashes are the screen just going black for a moment and then I'll just be on my desktop like I never even played the game. No error message or anything. The other type was when I got that the game has crashed and will now terminate.
I did have a problem with my cyberlink power2go not supporting my display size and dpi settings but I think I fixed that cause I did not have the error message the last time I booted it. I had also messed with the resolution settings in the graphicsrules for that.
And I also downloaded and changed the display issues with the Graphic Rules Maker.
I switched from playing in compatibility for Vista pack 2, cause it seemed to have more crashing issues than in windows 10.

I do have and use a lot of cc, 18gb worth.
I installed the game The sims 2 double deluxe with all expansions besides freetime and the Glamour life stuff, all by disk.
I have changed the graphicrules resolution problem.

Here are my system specs, if you need any other info about the rig let me know and how to obtain the info .
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad core, 3.20ghz x64
RAM 16gb
OS Windows 10 v1803 64bit
Display 1920x1080 32bit
Motherboard ASUSTek Prime A320m-a version: RevX.0x
Graphics Card NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Space My computer has over 500gb of space.

Thank you all for your time and help.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 5:49 AM
Try this on for size.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

If that doesn't work, try making a threat in the "Sims 2 Help" forum.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 2:54 PM
Just a tip, but save first, then exit the lot. There's a risk of corruption if you do save+quit or save+neighborhood and the game crashes while still saving.

Have you applied the 4GB patch?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 7:44 PM
Seconding Dame Mika. It's worked on both my Mac laptop (bootcamp partition) and on my Windows 10 desktop.