Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 12:37 PM Last edited by DJ. : 2nd Aug 2012 at 3:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weather is stuck - It's raining. And it won't stop [SOLVED]
I got several error messages, saying something about a busy/missing/corrupted slot. The object that was 'damaged' was I think weather controller or season controller or something.

So I clicked Reset and the message popped up two hours later. I kept clicking on Reset until I had enough of it, and I clicked Delete.

It was still a huge storm, two Sim days later. I bought the Weather machine so I could create weather, clear sky.

The weather machine, instead of staying initialized (khm, erect? Sorry, don't know how to express myself differently - OH I GOT IT - in function) - it immediately collapsed. And all five lights were still on, like I haven't used the machine at all. And, it was still raining.

I tried switching seasons, but the same situation happened as described above, and the seasons haven't changed.

Another two Sim days passed, and there is only one day left in Spring. The thing is, only one day left in Spring was two Sim days ago. So, the season clock stopped.

I think my lot is screwed.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 2:24 PM
Is it only the one lot?

Have you worked the FAQ? What happened?

Have you tried the batbox/lot debugger?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 3:28 PM Last edited by DJ. : 7th Jul 2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: removed the attachment
Yes, I've done the FAQ, but I don't think that matters, because here's what's happened.

So I'm on the glitchy lot. It's still raining, and there's a thunderstorm and everything. I bought FFS Debugger, and under "Weather.../Rain..." I selected "Less!". I repeated the process until "Less!" got greyed out. But it was still raining. I exited to the neighborhood, and saved.

I opened another lot in Downtown. The weather there was fine, and seasons did change. It even started snowing, then stopped, then after an hour it started hailing. I saved, and exited the game.

I did the FAQ. I only got to the step "Remove CC", because interesting things happened when I entered the game.

So I entered the game, and it didn't rain. I went to check if the weather machine 'works', and it did, I changed the weather to rain, and it rained; I made it snow and it was snowing. Also, in 12:00AM the season switched from Spring to Summer. (Also, my entire front yard was covered in custom terrain paint. It didn't flash blue, it reverted back to grass. Weird, I guess.)

I took all the CC back in, and tested again. It was OK, the weather was changeable, the season changed.

You have no idea how relieved I am right now.

I included the log file below if that means anything. Maybe someone can say why it got glitched, or something. And for the object, I guess it reverts back each time I enter the lot. Or it got reset because I took out CC, or because I deleted cache files. Oh well.

Thanks Peni!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 5:54 PM
Quick, make a backup now you have it solved!
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 12:53 PM
I already did! I have two backups before the event, and one after. But too scared to delete any of them.