Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:45 PM
Default "Tutor" for a newbie designer?
Back in the TS2 days, I would always try to make custom content. SimPE was difficult, and I could never quite get the clothes I recolored in BodyShop to appear the way I wanted to. Finally, I gave up, and leeched off of other creators instead of making my own crap.

Well now I'm done with that. With the new CASt, I noticed how much I loved creating things I could truly call my own. I'm ready to start modding,and I don't plan on quitting. The thing is, I don't want to wonk up my TS3 game (again), and I'm not modding/creating savvy, so you'll have to bear with this newb.

Since I'm sure this is important, I want to make a little bit of everything-but mainly, I want to make hair and clothing meshes. I may change my mind about the clothing, but I definitely want to start creating hair meshes.

So for anyone willing to take on the challenge, I'm ready to learn!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM
Woah, hold up kid. We can't do meshes yet - the brainiacs are still working out how
Be sure, though, that when they do get there, there will be lovely tutorials to tutor you.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:48 PM
Hair and clothing meshes are still in development for TS3. Nobody's uploaded any of them yet (to my knowledge) so I think you're a bit premature. Maybe try to learn how to do custom patterns first - I think the RGBA system is a good place to start.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:53 PM
Okay, I'll go ahead and start with custom patterns. I'll go ahead and search for some tutorials.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:45 AM
waiting for the mesh tutorials too.....
Mother Function
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:37 AM
I'd suggest playing with clothing stencils first. They're much easier than patterns.