Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:10 PM
Default Bed platforms + type 88 light issue
Hi and welcome too my first post^^
I'm not really sure if this is the right forum topic but i cant find any help building help section here.

Anyhow i'm trying to make a platform elevation for my bed but the type 88 wall lamps seems too not care about levels and just goes as it is.
See provided pictures and you'll understand what i mean.

What I've tried:
Make platform->wall->windows->lamp = lamp elevated platform height
Make wall->platform->windows = lamp elevated
Move wall back ->put lamps on -> make platform->move wall too platform = 1 square from platform it stops and tells me: celling too low, cant intercept objects and something else i forgot now

why this way? why not make wall->place windows->lamps->platform?
Game tells me i cant intercept objects and that is because of the lamp, i can make platforms while window is there. but i need the lamp too be on its place before i build that platform =/

this is how i want it too be (note the lamps that goes around the room)
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2im5ev6.jpg

This is what i get all the time (Notice that "tooth" because of that platform elevation =/)
http://oi58.tinypic.com/6zlt8z.jpg

Anyone solved this or know how too get around this?.. please link vid or tell
Also.. how do you get half of a platform square? (Triangles) been trying every possible option. that diagonal tool cant create a thing for me =/
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 12:29 AM
Can't intercept objects are usually connected to the moveobjects on cheat, It's hard to see in the pictures, have you placed the flatform tool already and the lamps place too high on the wall? Can you drag them down on the wall, some lamps can do that. there maybe some mods you can use to let you do that, but most lamps can be moved up and down without any mod I think.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:06 PM
Moveobjects is ofc on, testincheats and buildinbuilding.

it dosent allow me too make platforms when lamp is there. and when platforms are in place the lamp gets out of position (slighly higher then the rest)
And that in to the future type 88 lamp cant be dragged down. its coded too snap ontop of wall.. or at bottom if you choose that one

my guess its a mod. but what mod ?.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fornsworth
Moveobjects is ofc on, testincheats and buildinbuilding.

it dosent allow me too make platforms when lamp is there. and when platforms are in place the lamp gets out of position (slighly higher then the rest)
And that in to the future type 88 lamp cant be dragged down. its coded too snap ontop of wall.. or at bottom if you choose that one

my guess its a mod. but what mod ?.

If you're just making it for yourself you could try fixing the lamp, in that case you could try the modding forum discussion for some tutorials. It may turn out to be too much work quite soon, and in that case if you like a mod you should try the WCIF forum. I don't know about a lamp mod, I know for mirrors and curtains and paintings, but not lamps.

The modding forum is under create menu above, WCIF I can't find at the moment, but if I'm lucky it's served right where I wrote it.
Nope it didn't link, but I found it here: http://modthesims.info/t/forumdisplay.php?f=559
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 6:47 PM
I was looking for an answer to this question but it seems unresolved. It shouldnt be necessary to mod the object because in oasis landing there are loads of houses with bed platforms and wall lights.

Does anyone know how EA do it?