Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2011 at 9:16 PM
Default Yay, ribbons!
I am pleased to announce a (very overdue) new feature here on MTS - blue ribbon icons! See? Aren't they cute?

Users who have won a blue ribbon will get the little icon showing up under their name along with any other icons they have earned. You can see one under my name, above my avatar.

How do you get a blue ribbon? Currently, there are three ways:
  • Won a contest: If you have won first place in a contest, you can have a ribbon!
  • Hosted at least 3 successful contests: If you've run 3 or more contests and they've completed without any problems, you get a ribbon too!
  • Had a star at Sims Community: Back when the community forums were separate as Sims Community, users could earn a star icon for winning a contest, hosting 3 contests, having a featured story, or having a featured movie. When we merged the community forums, we intended to add this feature back in, and over time, we just plumb(bob) forgot. We're terribly sorry for that, and would like to thank user Ghost sdoj for continued gentle reminders that we needed to do this.

Currently, adding the ribbon is not automated, so we must set it manually per user. If you have earned a ribbon by doing one or more of the above three things, please let us know by requesting your ribbon icon here: Ribbon, please!

We hope you enjoy this small but fun feature on the site! Happy simming!
6 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st May 2011 at 11:44 PM Last edited by kaylarox : 1st May 2011 at 11:55 PM.
lol I would have a ribbon by now if the contest's actually went through hahaha. But yay awesome Idea.

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:17 AM
Cute! :0)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:28 AM
Postbit bling!!!! (grabby hands)

Now I have to go make a contest I guess - or be a judge (offers self up as judge). Hmm no - is there no prize for being a judge?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd May 2011 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
...is there no prize for being a judge?

Maybe a ribbon for judging five contests or something similar would be nice
#6 Old 3rd May 2011 at 11:26 PM
leesester your an administer now! Well Done!

We need some more contests so we can get ribbons
Site Helper
#7 Old 4th May 2011 at 11:04 PM
The ribbons should help get more people running contests. The stars did that at S2C.

Thank You!!!!

(Now I need to make another new avatar. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#8 Old 5th May 2011 at 2:48 AM Last edited by porkypine : 5th May 2011 at 11:22 PM.
I thought it was some kind of catch-22. You can only run a contest if you've successfully run a contest? lol

I wanna ribbon! You know people were screaming for a foundations contest for TS2 as well as 3. I think we should be allowed to use anything you can get HERE at MTS to build your house. That will encourage people to make and share more stuff here and give the makers incentive to build stuff where they can see what people do with it. All contestants are required to link to the page where the content can be downloaded by others! :D

I have both TS2 and TS3 and all EPs and SPs. I can volunteer to make the base lots or fixer upper houses.

Ok. I am starting a contest. I need 2 more judges before I can submit the contest for approval. This contest will to be see who can create the most interesting retail shopping collective. TS2 first, and if it's popular, for TS3
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th May 2011 at 2:25 AM
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th May 2011 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KSpiffy
I had a gold start, having won a contest ^-^

http://www.sims-community.com/forum...p?userid=157654

Hi, you need to make your request for the ribbon in the thread linked in the first post (and the quote below). This helps us to keep track

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Currently, adding the ribbon is not automated, so we must set it manually per user. If you have earned a ribbon please let us know by requesting your ribbon icon here: Ribbon, please!

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Alchemist
#11 Old 7th May 2011 at 5:19 PM
Are contest won on other sites acceptable or only ones held on this site?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2011 at 6:06 PM
Heh, no, it needs to have been a contest won here on MTS in our Sim Contests area, found under Community > Sims Creativity.
Alchemist
#13 Old 7th May 2011 at 7:25 PM
I kind a thought so but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks. Hopefully there will more contests soon.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th May 2011 at 1:05 PM
Great! Now we can have "Blue Ribbons" for the contest. I wish I could join the contest...
Site Helper
#15 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:40 PM
keep an eye on the contest forum here: http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=569 They have been slow, but they do still occasionally get run.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook