Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM
Default What settings to use with 3d ripper to export from the sims 3?
Hello there! I'm wondering if anyone can help me with something? I have always wanted to take out the lovely houses made with the sims game because trying to do architecture with other more traditional software is terribly dull. Not for anything serious or comercial, of course, but for machinima or the like. So I was quite happy when I learned about 3d ripper and tried using it already, but... right. I'm having trouble.I know others have managed it with CAS and even with lots which is what I'm specifically aiming for, so if anyone who has managed to do it before reads this, could you tell what settings you are using? At lest I think that's the problem...

Let's see. I'm running windows 7 ultimate and the 3d ripper I'm using is version 1.8 which should be compatible. I'm using sims 3 seasons and have all expansions packs below that but no stuff packs.

I created a totally bare world with a flat terrain with one single lot where I built a room with a door, three windows and a chimney. Inside I put a bed and a bathtub.

3d ripper opens just fine with sims 3 and it lets me capture the scene. I tried eh "taking several shots" of the scene with the F12 key from several angles with and without roof. In build mode (hmm, maybe that's the problem).

When I open max 8, and try importing the .3dr file I get a blank in the "recommended settings" box. In fov says 90 in ratio I selected 16:9 as that's my monitor ratio. If I press import with all the boxes ticked on I get nothing. Literally nothiing. If I import with all the boxes ticked off I get a mess of things. Like, I was exptecting distortion but that doesn't seem like distortion so much as a mess of things. Here's a picture:

So, what's that? It can't be the models, not even squished models. I must be doing something wrong, somewhere. I hope it's the settings as that would easily fixed. I'll keep trying with other settings, but if anyone has managed to be successfull with 3d ripper, please a bit of help? It would be so greatly appreciated.