Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1140
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 3956 (Who?), Viewed: 147083 times.
Search this Thread
Old 16th Nov 2017, 8:16 PM #3626
cherry4567
Field Researcher

Aaaah it sucks that we don't have a "hug" button on this forum.Sometimes I just wanna hug you guys.
:D
Old 16th Nov 2017, 9:21 PM #3627
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I have suggested using the disagree button as a hug button to take the thunder from the trolls. But, no one thought that was a good idea.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Old 16th Nov 2017, 9:33 PM #3628
VerDeTerre
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry4567
Aaaah it sucks that we don't have a "hug" button on this forum.Sometimes I just wanna hug you guys.
:D
I use the "Love" button for that, although it's not as clear as "hug" would be.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Old 17th Nov 2017, 3:05 PM #3629
cherry4567
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
I have suggested using the disagree button as a hug button to take the thunder from the trolls. But, no one thought that was a good idea.

Yeah let's do that it sounds awesome!:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
I use the "Love" button for that, although it's not as clear as "hug" would be.

Well I do the same but it's not as deep
Old 17th Nov 2017, 4:25 PM #3630
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

It's really hard to move on from being engaged.
I'm really happy that me and my boyfriend have just started renting this lovely house and we have all these plans for it; where the furniture will go, and which room will become a baby bedroom one day, how this will be our first house when we marry, where all the photos we take over the years will go, but I can't help but feel like it should've been me and my ex-fiance doing this. I love my boyfriend, but if things had gone the way they were "suppose to", I'd be married by now and planning on starting a family, most likely in a new house just like this one. That's not how things would've ended up though. My ex is too dysfunctional to be a grown up. I have to keep reminding myself that he wasn't going to be that person for me, but my boyfriend is without me even having to ask him.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 17th Nov 2017, 10:26 PM #3631
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

My mother's been acting passive-aggressive all day, because....earlier, I had the audacity to buy a magazine. From a cheque that had my name on it in the first place. She wanted cigarettes instead, so I reminded her whose name was on the cheque, and since then she's been giving me jabs like "oh, looks like we can only afford to do ONE wash" and "some people aren't worth supporting." Okay, then. It's actually kind of amusing, but exasperating too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old 18th Nov 2017, 4:14 PM #3632
emberisbunnii
Test Subject

I posted my first challenge in the sims 4 challenge forums and no one has approved it for three days > I'm a little peeved.
Old 18th Nov 2017, 5:03 PM #3633
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Ihate, one of your disagrees is a hug from me.

It's hard when there's a conflict one person is trying to pick a fight about. It is exasperating. And, I'm not taking her side, but you know some of that is the nicotine talking.

Old 19th Nov 2017, 12:29 PM #3634
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My mother has monopolized the TV and by extension, the remote. I may break out the big book of annoying programming tricks so only my touch and voice will unlock it.

Getting really tired of the Hallmark channel shit. I prefer to watch something with more scientific meat, but she is hogging the remote.

This is no way to win points with me. You keep doing the same shit year in and year out. I really want to be your friend and you're making it impossible.

For fuck's sake, Abraham, now do see why my mother and I come off distant?

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 19th Nov 2017, 5:36 PM #3635
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
My mother has monopolized the TV and by extension, the remote. I may break out the big book of annoying programming tricks so only my touch and voice will unlock it.

Get a tiny piece of electrical tape and put it over the end of the remote. It usually takes a while to notice.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old 20th Nov 2017, 1:13 PM #3636
adamsavagefan
Test Subject

"Ask A Manger" is the worst place to ask for advice on job hunting. I've been begging and pleading for help there for months and the only ones who seem to get that help are already employed; apparently she only cares about them instead of helping the rest of us who are still struggling to get interviews, let along job offers. There is practically NOTHING for people still looking for work; just some one-size-fits all answers about resumes and cover letters. If you're among the long-term unemployed (like me), don't go to "Ask A Manager". She doesn't care about us.

Friends cause anger, pain, unhappiness and stress.
Netflix is the biggest scam ever created. And you all fell for it.
I will never associate withANYONE who streams.
Never, ever trust anyone. Ever
Old 20th Nov 2017, 1:43 PM #3637
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

I feel kinda guilty. When I left home heading for school, I drove past my neighbours home which had a car in their garden, which looked odd. My mind couldn't figure out that someone had an accident (I was still half asleep) until I was too far away already.

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
Old 21st Nov 2017, 5:25 PM #3638
cherry4567
Field Researcher

Life sucks and it seemslike everything gets better only when you lose hope,and in a weird way I'm stuck with being hopeful :/

But well, I'm gonna stick to that hope since it seems like many people are trying so hard to find it.
Last edited by cherry4567 : 21st Nov 2017 at 5:44 PM.
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 2:29 AM #3639
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

One loud bolt of lightning, and everything is gone. My wonderful big tv that my son gave me last year (it was his old one and he just got a new one, so no warranty). It had a built-in dvd player and could let me keep my wii and my apple tv connected all the time. Yep, they're gone, too. Well, the wii just acts like it's on the wrong channel, but I can't find one it will play on.

I plugged in my older much smaller tv, and comcast now streams youtube and netflix, so, I'm okay for awhile. I just ordered a new, cheap dvd player. But, I can't afford a new apple tv right now. They've gotten SO expensive. The one I had was like 60 bucks and now they want almost 200. Does anyone have the amazon fire stick? Can I get netflix and hulu with it?

As for the wii, that's going to take a long while to replace, as well as trying to buy a better tv. So long dreams of an ipad, and sims 1 collection, you're so far out of sight, you might as well be orbiting Pluto.

Old 22nd Nov 2017, 5:07 AM #3640
CaliBrat
Top Secret Researcher

20 Achievements

@Smorbie .. you're wanting the Sims 1 collection?
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 11:29 AM #3641
Sterling_Archer
Mad Poster

18 Achievements

View My Journal

When your sister volunteers to take you to the doctor, only for her to say later; Can I borrow $20.
Of course you need money

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 2:26 PM #3642
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
@Smorbie .. you're wanting the Sims 1 collection?

Yes, I know it's silly, but I love that old game. Amazon has the entire collection for about 100 dollars. I was going to buy it for myself for Christmas. But I need to save for other things now.

Old 22nd Nov 2017, 9:20 PM
Mordecai and Rigby
This message has been deleted by Mordecai and Rigby.
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 12:07 AM #3643
Reitanna
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

TSR is absolute bull when it comes to them reviewing uploads and approving them. every single item I've submitted, except for 8 shirt recolors, have been rejected, and some for stupid reasons. I was able to fix most of them, but they seem to have a specific problem with speculars. I made a sofa using the mesh of a base game sofa, but had to clone a GT bench so I could get the alphas to work. welp, I couldn't keep the bench's normal and specular, could I? well it just so happens the sofa I used has a blank specular! so they're complaining that the specular hasn't been "updated" or whatever, and I'm like.... T_T dude. I'm using the exact same one I'm supposed to. same with my deco version of the magical stump! I updated the normal on that, of course, but the specular could be the same, but apparently that's a problem! oh, and the DOOR! I recolored a door... and apparently the textures don't match the UVs according to them. well, I didn't move the textures, and I didn't mess with the UVs. if they don't match, that's a MAXIS error, not mine! they also only allow four swatches for objects, which is beyond stupid. I thought MTS was bad when they told me I couldn't upload realistic paintings because, in THEIR opinion, it doesn't fit with the style of the game. is that really up to you to decide what fits and what doesn't, MTS? at least the rest of my uploads have been reasonable here, but TSR is just... ABSURD. I want to yell obscenities at them, but god knows that'd favor me very poorly.

Think for yourself; Question authority.
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 9:00 PM #3644
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My politically active family just signed a petition to impeach Trump. As much as I hate getting involved in politics, I felt it was necessary to add my name because as far as presidents go, his performance during the campaign and in office were terrible. Out of the four things that were considered impeachable offenses, I checked off "Starting a North Korean missile crisis" as his major offense. Personally, I wish there was an "all of the above", because let's face it...he didn't do anything but bully, harass and otherwise dragged America down that on a ranking of democracy, almost the entire Nordic Council took up the top 5. America dropped to 20.

Then again, you drag me into politics, I end up exercising the right to free speech and voting, a right that been part of the amendments for roughly 100 years for myself and others bearing the XX.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 23rd Nov 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 9:52 PM #3645
AmandieLove
Forum Resident

We didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with the rest of the family like normal, so I'm very lonely. Even the Sims and Pokemon Ultra Moon and Facebook aren't helping much.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 10:23 PM #3646
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove
We didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with the rest of the family like normal, so I'm very lonely. Even the Sims and Pokemon Ultra Moon and Facebook aren't helping much.

*Squeeeeeeze!*

This should be helpful. A panda grade bear hug

P.S. I spent this Thanksgiving alone. I was able to manage, but I am currently adjusting to new medication and it's a bumpy transition from what I was used to all the way to dose changes and time restrictions.

Old 24th Nov 2017, 2:35 AM #3647
Reitanna
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Everything americans were told about thanksgiving is a lie. the holiday is a complete farce. my boyfriend and I celebrate "lasagna and pie day," because we have lasagna and pumpkin pie. he had to work this year, though, so I ate alone. hopefully he'll get "pizza and presents day" (Christmas) off so we can actually be together. oh yeah, Christmas is all a huge lie too.

Think for yourself; Question authority.
Old 24th Nov 2017, 2:51 AM #3648
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove

Sorry to hear that... lol it seems like lately I've been adding people on Facebook left and right... I usually sleep when I feel alone or if I'm just bummed out in general. I hope everything gets better for you!
Old 24th Nov 2017, 3:39 AM #3649
Sterling_Archer
Mad Poster

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Waiting to get paid so I can pay my overdue phone and internet bills and then the rest of my pay is going towards christmas presents

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 24th Nov 2017, 1:12 PM #3650
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

This is the most horrible thing I have ever said but I hate raising my brother
I don't even like being around him anymore. I'm tired of him doing completely horrible things at school. Stealing charity donations, spitting on girls for no reason because he's "bored". I'm tired of having to leave classes early because I have to go to the school for meetings over his bad behaviour. He was part of the reason behind me and my ex-fiance breaking up, and he's starting to cause a rift between me and my boyfriend. He's driving me insane, and being around him has become tedious. I hide it as much as I can, but when I'm around him his constant pointless repetitive questions irritate me, and I'm tired of him saying he's going to stop doing bad things and work hard, because I know he's lying. He doesn't want to talk about his problems to me but wants me to send him to a therapist, but when I do he basically tells them he's fine and that I'm being over paranoid.

I feel like I can't have anything anymore. I can't keep up with uni when I'm constantly leaving my classes to deal with him, and all this bad behaviour has come about since I started dating my boyfriend so he feels like he's at fault and sometimes I get paranoid he is. I try to reassure him but it makes him feel crappy that sometimes I doubt our relationship because my brother has been acting up so much.

I bought my little brother the camera he's wanted for ages. Everyone saved up and put money together, and now I'm stuck in a position where if I give him the camera for Christmas I feel as if he hasn't learned anything. But if I don't, I'm worried people might get upset because obviously the gift isn't just from me it's from my boyfriend, 2 of his sister's, his Mum, my ex etc (seriously expensive camera!).

By this point I don't feel like this kid is going anywhere in life or even that he wants to. It feels more like he's sabotaging me.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge

Section jump: