Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1539
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4127 (Who?), Viewed: 156460 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Nov 2017, 4:25 PM #3626
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

It's really hard to move on from being engaged.
I'm really happy that me and my boyfriend have just started renting this lovely house and we have all these plans for it; where the furniture will go, and which room will become a baby bedroom one day, how this will be our first house when we marry, where all the photos we take over the years will go, but I can't help but feel like it should've been me and my ex-fiance doing this. I love my boyfriend, but if things had gone the way they were "suppose to", I'd be married by now and planning on starting a family, most likely in a new house just like this one. That's not how things would've ended up though. My ex is too dysfunctional to be a grown up. I have to keep reminding myself that he wasn't going to be that person for me, but my boyfriend is without me even having to ask him.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 17th Nov 2017, 10:26 PM #3627
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

My mother's been acting passive-aggressive all day, because....earlier, I had the audacity to buy a magazine. From a cheque that had my name on it in the first place. She wanted cigarettes instead, so I reminded her whose name was on the cheque, and since then she's been giving me jabs like "oh, looks like we can only afford to do ONE wash" and "some people aren't worth supporting." Okay, then. It's actually kind of amusing, but exasperating too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 18th Nov 2017, 4:14 PM #3628
emberisbunnii
Test Subject

I posted my first challenge in the sims 4 challenge forums and no one has approved it for three days > I'm a little peeved.
Old 18th Nov 2017, 5:03 PM #3629
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Ihate, one of your disagrees is a hug from me.

It's hard when there's a conflict one person is trying to pick a fight about. It is exasperating. And, I'm not taking her side, but you know some of that is the nicotine talking.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 19th Nov 2017, 12:29 PM #3630
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My mother has monopolized the TV and by extension, the remote. I may break out the big book of annoying programming tricks so only my touch and voice will unlock it.

Getting really tired of the Hallmark channel shit. I prefer to watch something with more scientific meat, but she is hogging the remote.

This is no way to win points with me. You keep doing the same shit year in and year out. I really want to be your friend and you're making it impossible.

For fuck's sake, Abraham, now do see why my mother and I come off distant?

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Old 19th Nov 2017, 5:36 PM #3631
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAQUEEN
My mother has monopolized the TV and by extension, the remote. I may break out the big book of annoying programming tricks so only my touch and voice will unlock it.

Get a tiny piece of electrical tape and put it over the end of the remote. It usually takes a while to notice.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old 20th Nov 2017, 1:13 PM #3632
adamsavagefan
Test Subject

"Ask A Manger" is the worst place to ask for advice on job hunting. I've been begging and pleading for help there for months and the only ones who seem to get that help are already employed; apparently she only cares about them instead of helping the rest of us who are still struggling to get interviews, let along job offers. There is practically NOTHING for people still looking for work; just some one-size-fits all answers about resumes and cover letters. If you're among the long-term unemployed (like me), don't go to "Ask A Manager". She doesn't care about us.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Old 20th Nov 2017, 1:43 PM #3633
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

I feel kinda guilty. When I left home heading for school, I drove past my neighbours home which had a car in their garden, which looked odd. My mind couldn't figure out that someone had an accident (I was still half asleep) until I was too far away already.

If there'll be too many humans wherever I have to go, I'd rather stay home
Old 21st Nov 2017, 5:25 PM #3634
cherry4567
Field Researcher

Life sucks and it seemslike everything gets better only when you lose hope,and in a weird way I'm stuck with being hopeful :/

But well, I'm gonna stick to that hope since it seems like many people are trying so hard to find it.
Last edited by cherry4567 : 21st Nov 2017 at 5:44 PM.
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 2:29 AM #3635
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

One loud bolt of lightning, and everything is gone. My wonderful big tv that my son gave me last year (it was his old one and he just got a new one, so no warranty). It had a built-in dvd player and could let me keep my wii and my apple tv connected all the time. Yep, they're gone, too. Well, the wii just acts like it's on the wrong channel, but I can't find one it will play on.

I plugged in my older much smaller tv, and comcast now streams youtube and netflix, so, I'm okay for awhile. I just ordered a new, cheap dvd player. But, I can't afford a new apple tv right now. They've gotten SO expensive. The one I had was like 60 bucks and now they want almost 200. Does anyone have the amazon fire stick? Can I get netflix and hulu with it?

As for the wii, that's going to take a long while to replace, as well as trying to buy a better tv. So long dreams of an ipad, and sims 1 collection, you're so far out of sight, you might as well be orbiting Pluto.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 5:07 AM #3636
CaliBrat
Top Secret Researcher

20 Achievements

@Smorbie .. you're wanting the Sims 1 collection?
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 11:29 AM #3637
Sterling_Archer
Mad Poster

18 Achievements

View My Journal

When your sister volunteers to take you to the doctor, only for her to say later; Can I borrow $20.
Of course you need money

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 2:26 PM #3638
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
@Smorbie .. you're wanting the Sims 1 collection?

Yes, I know it's silly, but I love that old game. Amazon has the entire collection for about 100 dollars. I was going to buy it for myself for Christmas. But I need to save for other things now.

Old 22nd Nov 2017, 9:20 PM
Mordecai and Rigby
This message has been deleted by Mordecai and Rigby.
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 9:00 PM #3640
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

My politically active family just signed a petition to impeach Trump. As much as I hate getting involved in politics, I felt it was necessary to add my name because as far as presidents go, his performance during the campaign and in office were terrible. Out of the four things that were considered impeachable offenses, I checked off "Starting a North Korean missile crisis" as his major offense. Personally, I wish there was an "all of the above", because let's face it...he didn't do anything but bully, harass and otherwise dragged America down that on a ranking of democracy, almost the entire Nordic Council took up the top 5. America dropped to 20.

Then again, you drag me into politics, I end up exercising the right to free speech and voting, a right that been part of the amendments for roughly 100 years for myself and others bearing the XX.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 23rd Nov 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 9:52 PM #3641
AmandieLove
Forum Resident

We didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with the rest of the family like normal, so I'm very lonely. Even the Sims and Pokemon Ultra Moon and Facebook aren't helping much.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 10:23 PM #3642
PANDAQUEEN
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove
We didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with the rest of the family like normal, so I'm very lonely. Even the Sims and Pokemon Ultra Moon and Facebook aren't helping much.

*Squeeeeeeze!*

This should be helpful. A panda grade bear hug

P.S. I spent this Thanksgiving alone. I was able to manage, but I am currently adjusting to new medication and it's a bumpy transition from what I was used to all the way to dose changes and time restrictions.

Old 24th Nov 2017, 2:51 AM #3644
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandieLove

Sorry to hear that... lol it seems like lately I've been adding people on Facebook left and right... I usually sleep when I feel alone or if I'm just bummed out in general. I hope everything gets better for you!
Old 24th Nov 2017, 3:39 AM #3645
Sterling_Archer
Mad Poster

18 Achievements

View My Journal

Waiting to get paid so I can pay my overdue phone and internet bills and then the rest of my pay is going towards christmas presents

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Old 24th Nov 2017, 1:12 PM #3646
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

This is the most horrible thing I have ever said but I hate raising my brother
I don't even like being around him anymore. I'm tired of him doing completely horrible things at school. Stealing charity donations, spitting on girls for no reason because he's "bored". I'm tired of having to leave classes early because I have to go to the school for meetings over his bad behaviour. He was part of the reason behind me and my ex-fiance breaking up, and he's starting to cause a rift between me and my boyfriend. He's driving me insane, and being around him has become tedious. I hide it as much as I can, but when I'm around him his constant pointless repetitive questions irritate me, and I'm tired of him saying he's going to stop doing bad things and work hard, because I know he's lying. He doesn't want to talk about his problems to me but wants me to send him to a therapist, but when I do he basically tells them he's fine and that I'm being over paranoid.

I feel like I can't have anything anymore. I can't keep up with uni when I'm constantly leaving my classes to deal with him, and all this bad behaviour has come about since I started dating my boyfriend so he feels like he's at fault and sometimes I get paranoid he is. I try to reassure him but it makes him feel crappy that sometimes I doubt our relationship because my brother has been acting up so much.

I bought my little brother the camera he's wanted for ages. Everyone saved up and put money together, and now I'm stuck in a position where if I give him the camera for Christmas I feel as if he hasn't learned anything. But if I don't, I'm worried people might get upset because obviously the gift isn't just from me it's from my boyfriend, 2 of his sister's, his Mum, my ex etc (seriously expensive camera!).

By this point I don't feel like this kid is going anywhere in life or even that he wants to. It feels more like he's sabotaging me.

Old 24th Nov 2017, 2:05 PM #3647
smorbie1
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I'm so sorry, honey. I can't make this any better for you. Time usually helps, but in this case, I really do wish he could find someone to talk to. Because we know this kid has been through the mill and back these last couple of years. It's been hard on you; imagine how bad it's been for him. He's acting out now. It may even get worse if you can't find him someone he connects with enough to talk to about it.

Don't give up on him. Remember, we always take things out on the people we know won't leave us. That doesn't help you at all; I know that. It may be time for you to talk with someone as well. You know how important unconditional positive regard is. You need it, too.

When my son was a teenager, I often wanted to just leave him somewhere along the side of the road. And his teenage years lasted until he was about 23. Once, I visited my school's placement service and asked them to find me a job in another town. I was just going to leave him the house and move away. He was an adult at the time; I'm just illustrating how bad it got. It was BAD. Today, he is a Christian and an attorney working as a Guardian ad litem. There is a future.

But you have to get there first. Do you have any religious affiliation? Perhaps a church nearby has a youth minister you could ask to talk to your brother. Someone who works with kids all the time might be able to build the rapport necessary to get your brother to open up to him.

Wasn't he close to your old boyfriend? Maybe he really does resent the new guy. Maybe he feels like he's getting mixed signals from you because you have admitted having feelings for your old fiance.

You know you aren't really hiding your feelings. Kids pick things up from nonverbals.

As for Christmas, gifts are given to illustrate the unworthiness of the gift humanity received when Jesus was born. Your brother shouldn't have to earn his Christmas gift. Wrap it up and give it to him with all the love in your heart. Promise to sign him up for a photography class and make it conditional upon his talking with someone and controlling his behavior.

I'm praying for you. I knew you had likely bitten off more than you could chew when you decided to adopt him. But, you were doing such a good thing for a kid who had so few options. It's work. But, you are a mental health professional. You can do this.

Old 25th Nov 2017, 9:18 PM #3648
SuicidiaParasidia
Alchemist

"You should learn English if you want to be in North America/use NA-based games"
Except, that idea is pretty xenophobic. Obviously yes you want to communicate with the general population, but if you just don't know English, it's not a crime in this country. We're supposed to be diverse.
Internet translators get better and better by the day. Sooner or later we're going to get subtitles rather than needing to go through the trouble of learning a whole new language, and to that, I say YAY!
"Well if you go to Germany/Japan/anywhere else, you learn the language, right?"
Yes, but that's also because those countries have a low population of immigrants. I'm talking, 2% in Japan and 18% in Germany. We're the country OF immigrants. The only natives we have here are native Americans, and our primary language (English) is not what they spoke (Navajo, Yupic, etc), so it's kind of ridiculous/hypocritical for people to demand that others speak English if they want to be here/do things here.

I get that it can be frustrating when other people speak a language that you don't know, but at least online you have the option of putting it through a translator. That's a big step up from what it was 50 years ago: Guess, ask a bi-lingual person and hope they're not lying, or learn that language extensively yourself. It's just not reasonable to expect people to know every language spoken in the US when there are translators that are getting better and better by the day....and that means English, too.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"Science literacy is a vaccine against the charlatans of the world that would exploit your ignorance."~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Old 27th Nov 2017, 2:00 PM #3649
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

Quite the opposite actually smorbie, he and my ex didn't get on well at all. They use to when he was growing up but when he moved in with us last year he quickly lost respect for him. He much prefers my boyfriend and they spend a lot of time together climbing trees and such.

We aren't religious. Christmas for us is more the idea that if we do good things we get rewarded. I don't really want to 'reward' him with an expensive piece of technology. Especially considering how he destroyed his phone, and has been known to attempt to sell his PS4 for £10 so he could use the money to buy sweets. It doesn't seem like he's really mature enough or understands money.

We've moved house and he's seemingly settling in a lot better. We've made him more independent - he's in charge of packing his lunchbox for school and such, also he has to make a proper attempt at keeping the house clean instead of in the last house where because my ex wasn't keeping things clean, he wouldn't either.

Old 27th Nov 2017, 3:48 PM #3650
Gargoyle Cat
Alchemist

1 Achievements

Photoshop filters used on a already bad picture doesn't make said picture look better. The blurry, out-of-focus, hot mess is still there regardless of how many filters a person uses. Photoshop is good for many things, it is not a miracle worker.

It is going to be one of those days...

Section jump: