Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 4:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Saves randomly disappear?
Ok, so basically after I save the game and quit, the saves are gone that I had. This happens very rarely, but frequent enough that it makes me mad. After that, When I make a new save and family, the tutorial when you first open the game is there, even though I've played the game before. Please help, this problem has been happening frequently.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:52 PM
What operating system are you running? Do you have One drive turned on?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
What operating system are you running? Do you have One drive turned on?

Yes, I think I have one drive on. I have Windows 10 and an Intel Core i5. Edit: Actually I don't think I have it on. How do I check?
Site Helper
#4 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 4:41 PM
I believe Windows 10 has it turned on by default. After all, everyone wants to keep their important files on Microsoft's servers, right?

Click your File Explorer icon on the bottom taskbar. You should see an entry for One Drive. Check the "date modified" entry for the folders it shows. If the Documents folder shows a date modified that corresponds to a day that you played the Sims and had your saved games go missing, you are probably encountering the glitch where the game got confused about which Documents folder it's supposed to be using. (If you spot a Sims 3 folder in the One Drive Documents, it's definitely that glitch.) Copy the Sims 3 folder from One Drive Documents to your hard drive Documents, and then be sure that One Drive is turned off before playing the Sims.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook