Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 11:53 AM Last edited by FifthAce2007 : 10th Oct 2007 at 9:37 PM. Reason: Can't Spell
Default Counters & Sinks
I was reading Numenor's thread regarding his counter templates, specifically the part about not touching to top-most surface of the counter as it affects the placement of sinks.

I have been having a little look into this, and came across something interesting:

Having a closer look at the mesh for the surface itself, I noticed a distinct 'outline' of a simple square right in the centre of the surface, could this be the part of the mesh that needs to be left alone in order for a sink to be correctly placed, rather than the whole of the top-most surface.

In the screenshot below, I have highlighted the verts that make up the square, they dont leave much room around the edge for any alterations, but I am curious as to whether I have found something true, and if it could maybe lead to a greater understanding of the way sinks place into counters...

I am not going to pretend I know a great deal about all this, my knowledge is basic at best, and I have niether the time nor the knowledge/experience to investigate this further, but there are some damn talented people on MTS2, who I have confidence WILL be able to find a work-around to this...
Screenshots

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks