Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Nightywolf : 1st Apr 2007 at 4:46 AM.
Default hmm, the legs of my imported table are invisible...
This didn't happen the first time I finished Jwood's Tutorial, but after I finished it and began creating my own table, and following all the steps to prepare it to be imported back to simpe, it would import but then the message "Warning: Problems parsing the file" would come up, and when I would go to preview the table to see if the shape and textures comes out properly, the table legs are missing! I believe I recall something in the tutorial relating to problems like this, but I can't figure out where it's located. I'm almost done creating my first object. This is the only thing stopping me from it being done! I've spent over 3 hours working on this first mesh, and I hope I can find out what the problem could be. I'm using UV Mapper and Wings 3d for the mesh.

Update: I restored the original texture and I saw from peculiar drawings on the table top (the only part visible) that the legs were being drawn as 2d images flat on the table top! Picture Attatchment from SimPE below.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 6:48 AM
It sounds like the UV map, for one, is out-of-whack, and the entire texture is being mapped onto your table top.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:34 AM
Ok, Problem was solved. I tested your theory of a bad UV map by replacing the mesh I was using with a simple rectangular cube-like shape in place of the table. It turned out the box UV map I then created for that allowed the object to be created without incident. The only matter is making a valid UV map for my table. Thanks for the suggestion.