Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:17 PM
Default Tutorial for how to hide objects with walls down
I am wondering if there is one anywhere? So you put the wall down and the deco item disappears so it doesn't obstruct the view.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:24 PM
The reference I use is this thread by Numenor on changing object placement. There is a post that gives the code for hide on cutaway here. http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...2321#post692321
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 11:49 PM
Okay... yeah way too hard for me I'm afraid. I was hoping to find a step by step tutorial. Thank you anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 12:44 AM
@joandsarah77 This may work for you here for what you want http://modthesims.info/d/319510 Not sure if this will help it's by Numenor
I am just the opposite I like seeing the picture up, I always try to place it so they don't block my view.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 2:33 AM
@Simonut it isn't a picture, it's a full-length vine from WFS that covers the wall that I want to make go down with the wall. But thanks anyway.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 9:33 AM
Doesn't look that much different from adding AL shiftability (which I'm most familiar with). Just a different OPcode to work with. The instructions you need are all there, most of them in the two pictures.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 9:56 AM
I'll take another look tomorrow but even Numenor says
Quote:
This is NOT a tutorial; it is intended to help average-experienced object creators performing specific tasks
I have been in this area of SimPE a few times, and I did try the shiftable tutorial some days back (failed) the pictures were too small, info was spread around. (I used your code at the bottom of that post even) I need something a bit more step by step without it assuming the person knows anything. I might see if Gina has some time to help me.

~Call me Jo~