Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:35 PM
Default Realistic characters
I was shooting on some sites to download stuff from the sims 2.
I wonder how you can have characters so realistic and bodies so beautiful that they are shapely and seem realistic. I know you can not publish sites for adults (perhaps by private message you), but can someone tell me what you get to these results?
They're really beautiful.

1 - https://66.media.tumblr.com/bb0726a...8rd5o1_1280.png
2 - https://66.media.tumblr.com/abd521b...17cw4o1_500.png
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 12:59 PM
A lot of makeup, different bodyshape, high poly hair meshes and no maxis-match. Pretty much.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:11 PM
The first example is probably photoshopped to some degree.

The rest is accomplished with more or less realistic skintones (but steer clear of the obviously photoskinned ones, particularly ones based on a celebrity, because they usually look fine from the angles the creator used in their photos, and horrible from every other angle), eyes, makeup, clothes, etc.

For hairs, Pooklet and io retextures look quite alright, though the vivid reds of Pooklet aren't the most realistic. Some of the Peggy hairs look fine, too.

It comes down to personal preference and what you find beautiful. To get you started, you can find a lot of various stuff in the Bodyshop Download section here on MTS, and there's a lot of hidden goodies at Insim and GoS, too.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?action=forum (from "Sims 2 Community Downloads" and down there's a lot of older but still good stuff)
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...hp?action=forum ("Playing with our dollies", "monthly themes" + "Events" under "Quick! Into the TARDIS!")

I've noticed a switch in the community from realistic to more maxis-match lately, so some of the older stuff would probably be preferable to you. Just keep in mind that old doesn't always mean worse

(Personally I like something in between realistic and maxis-match, because it allows more freedom in the CC range you need. I often find maxis-match a little too cartoony, while ultra-realistic is a bit too much - particularly if badly photoskinned).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 4:31 PM
Both of the pictures have been heavily edited, you can't make your sims look like that in-game.
Undead Molten Llama
#5 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letiziaa
I wonder how you can have characters so realistic and bodies so beautiful that they are shapely and seem realistic....

Photoshop! Lots and LOTS of Photoshop was used in both pics. Just like it is with pictures of models in real life, actually. Models don't look like their pics in real life, and Sims don't look like their photoshopped pics in the game.

Before you photoshop, you'll want lots of "realistic" Bodyshop CC. There is TONS of it out there. Older posts on GOS are a good resource, as that used to the be a hub for people who did "realism" in the game, and if you find a creator you like, you can search around and see if they're still active and/or have a Livejournal/Dreamwidth or a Tumblr or something like that. Io (or Serabiet, as she goes by on Tumblr) makes gorgeous "realistic" stuff and is still active. Trapping is another good creator of that stuff and she is now active again, too. Also, there seems to be a group of Russian simmers on Tumblr who like the specific aesthetic in the pics you've posted. Check out folks like nikaonishko, aklira, and charlotkas-simblr. They all have stuff to download and I know that Charlotka is a very friendly person to ask questions of, to ask about finding more resources. (The others might be, too; I've just never spoken to them myself. ) And there are many others. You will also want poseboxes in order to pose your Sims for picture-taking. Aklira makes a lot of those, and there are tons of others out there, too, including here in the downloads on MTS.

So, gather up CC and use it to make-up and dress-up your Sims -- but know that in the game they're not going to look like they look in the kind of pics you've linked to! Pose them as you like using poseboxes, and then take your pics in game. Most people who do this sort of thing have a lot specifically for taking the rough pics that they then photoshop. It has proper lighting and backdrop objects and all that stuff. Then, break out the Photoshop....for the next several hours. Or days. That's what I do, anyway, although I don't really have a hobby of photoshopping Sims nor making things "realistic," necessarily, partly because I don't have the patience to mess around with poseboxes. I'm more into landscapes and screwing around with lighting like a lame Rembrandt.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:44 PM
Forgot to mention - If you just want nice sims to play around with, you get far with CC. However, if you want to take pictures you need some photography skills. You can have all the CC you want, but if you can't set up good lighting and a nice scene, you'll not manage to get this kind of "pro" pictures.
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 7:40 PM
just a little 2 cents:

as always there's a tradeoff - bodyshapes needs clothes for them, a lot of these have rather questionable quality (or are straight useless) in normal gameplay - they looks just ugly, a lot of clipping there and there etc. Besides: within the game normal parameters you can get quite acceptable results without all the hassle using materials properly (or at last: barely) curated for base quality and usability.

Anyway - it's the best practice to test it first (or anything in fact) in throw-away enviroment. Rename/or copy your original Sims 2 folders (in Documents) and do whatever you wish not risking mess in your normal gameplay folders.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 11:12 PM
I was shooting on some sites to download stuff from the sims 2.
I wonder how you can have characters so realistic and bodies so beautiful that they are shapely and seem realistic. I know you can not publish sites for adults (perhaps by private message you), but can someone tell me what you get to these results?
They're really beautiful.

1 - https://66.media.tumblr.com/bb0726a...8rd5o1_1280.png
2 - https://66.media.tumblr.com/abd521b...17cw4o1_500.png

Can you post your picture here instead of linking, my virus protector is preventing me from opening those. You just go advanced, upload pictures.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:58 AM
Good backdrops/murals and poseboxes can provide scenes not possible while playing the game and provide an illusion of the picture having been PhotoShopped.

There are an abundance of male and female bodyshapes available varying in size from anemic to extremely full-bodied. (I have more than 40 different bodyshapes in my game.) Choosing well textured skintones help make Sims more realistic in appearance. Then trying different makeup, hairstyles and accessory combinations can significantly enhance the Sim's look. A lot of it is trial and error, seeing which blushes, eyeshadows, eyeliners, etc. in combination work the best on different skin tones.

In addition, a good screen capture program such as Gadwin or Fraps can show pictures in very high detail without needing to post-process the result. Being able to run your game in high detail enhances the picture quality.

If you want more information about any of these, feel free to PM me.

But taking good looking pictures of Sims is different than having those Sims look good during normal gameplay. Out of the box, Sims2 has clipping issues with some Maxis hair and bodies so those issues would be magnified by using Sims of larger custom bodyshapes or unique hairstyles.

However, the great thing about Sims is that you can use it in the way you like. Whether you just want to play, or decorate neighborhoods, build extravagant houses, take pictures, write stories, or whatever, it is all possible and up to you and your imagination.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:33 PM
Thank you all for your answers.
I'd like to ask another question, and I'm using this post to not open another one: is there a way on the game to preview all the objects? When I create the character I can't find the bracelets I download and I have to click each item before I find what I need.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:37 AM Last edited by Simonut : 4th Apr 2019 at 2:35 AM.
@letiziaa Yes many Custom Sims can be beautiful, but the downside is they sometime do not produce beautiful children. They have so much makeup objects on their skin like nose, eyes, hair, ( with high poly )
Even the body Skin they use you can not sometime find clothes for. What I do when I see a beautful Sims is peel everything off of them using Clean Installer, I removed all I don't want like teeth etc. and I use my own skin on them.

At time the Facial makeup is almost like built in and can't be removed. One time a long, time ago ( 2008 ) I downloaded a beautiful female Sims who had Vampire teeth,( I did not know ) the creator never mention it in the download. I killed her in the pool, after that I started to learn to create my own Sims in Body shop.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#12 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 1:11 AM
Thank you all for your answers.
I'd like to ask another question, and I'm using this post to not open another one: is there a way on the game to preview all the objects? When I create the character I can't find the bracelets I download and I have to click each item before I find what I need.

You mean accessories? If they're not in the head/neck area and don't have a custom thumbnail, you'll have to click them to preview. Adding thumbnails require some SimPE knowledge and has to be done individually for each recolor, so it's quite a lot of work.

Another option is to add hovertext to the items. Easiest way is with the Tooltip tool (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=321239) - this one you can run through your files and it will change the tooltip/hovertext on CAS recolors to whatever the filename is. If the item already has text, the program is set to skip them as default (you can tick a box to make it change all files).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 12:55 PM
You're all great.
I apologize if I always ask a thousand questions, but being Italian, I often find it very difficult to do research, because we have ways of expressing it differently.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 11:28 PM
People are from all over the world on here. There are a lot of American's but plenty of us are from other places.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~