Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:42 AM Last edited by Vvg : 8th Mar 2020 at 6:39 PM.
Default [FOUND] WCIF Maxis wall set add-ons/fix
Hello everyone! I always liked this maxis brick set with edges, but I never use all of those walls. Few days ago I have used it for on project and I was a little confused about this. The wall without trims does not suit for this set, it looks darker (pic1, pic2). Plus I have found that Maxis have added three walls 2 times (pic3: on the left - walls from AL and on the right - walls from NL and they are the same). Maybe there is a fix for this wall or there are some add-ons? Thanks for any help!

Edit: solving the problem
Screenshots

You & I, we are just like sims, will live forever
Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:49 PM
I may misunderstand your question, but, in my game, there is a wall to put that deco white strip on the left, one to put it on the right, and a plain wall, so I can make a whole long wall of plain and then put a left one on the left edge of the building and a right one on the right edge. Are you saying you have duplicates of each of those?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:13 PM
There are two different sets, one from base called London Bricks, and one from AL or FT, Brick Baby/Boho. And they don't match exactly, but it must partially be a lighting mod/graphics card because my difference isn't quite as stark as yours.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Vvg : 4th Aug 2018 at 5:35 PM.
Thanks for the help! Maybe this is a problem because of the added CC walls in my game? @HugeLunatic can you show me a pic how these walls look in your game?
Edit: I tried to start the game without any cc walls/floors/mods/defaults/etc but it still the same. It looks like this brick wall have some shadows but other walls haven't it.

Cars for TS2: FPC | VoVillia Corp. I (fixed), II (guide), III | Gingers Sims | Psychosim's Cars I, II, III | Sims2Designs | EA Store Cars I, II, III | MaximumSpider | Sims2Carsource
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I may misunderstand your question, but, in my game, there is a wall to put that deco white strip on the left, one to put it on the right, and a plain wall, so I can make a whole long wall of plain and then put a left one on the left edge of the building and a right one on the right edge. Are you saying you have duplicates of each of those?

I mean that I have a different look of the wall without the trims. Do you have the same look of that wall in the game?
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 11:42 PM
As I thought about using them a few weeks ago and abandoned the attempt because of the difference in shade, I can confirm that they look different in my game (Mac version, so includes EPs up to and including Bon Voyage, giving me the base game version but not the FT/AL one.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 5:37 PM Last edited by Vvg : 27th Dec 2018 at 5:28 PM.
Cool, I'm not the only one. Now I can assume that it's in game problem. Is there any way to fix this wall? Or I should ask about this in other discussion?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 5:27 PM
If you have this problem go here