Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2013 at 3:52 PM
Default What modifications should be done for The Sims 4 CAS?
Well everbody's excited for the new sims 4 right? So, I've made a totally new thread for the CAS section.(Create A Sim)
I would like a small change. Why not have the right to choose our sims teeth . I know this sounds much about detailing but still....... Like if I wanna make a geek for one of my movies I want rabbit teeth-ish kind of things . And, if I wanna make a pirate or punk-ish guy why not a rotten or golden tooth. Many of you may not agree with me.......
Are there any mods related to this for the sims 3 though?Hey! and is there any mod for braces as well?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th May 2013 at 6:23 PM
Mod? The game hasn't even been released yet, how are we supposed to imagine what to mod?

Teeth? No, just no. The next thing you demand could be fingerprints.

I don't know if there's such mod in TS3. It could be just an accessory, since vampire teeth are also accessory, right? Those things are very tiny little detail that you won't even notice during gameplay.
Instructor
#3 Old 29th May 2013 at 6:50 PM
I'm pretty sure the OP meant modifications from the Sims 3. I knew that from just the thread name on the board. I don't understand why the harshness. I've actually noticed my Sims teeth a lot lately (mainly the fact they're so perfect) but I wouldn't want that option, either, but still.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:57 PM
Butt sliders. Foot sliders.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Butt sliders. Foot sliders.

Foot sliders?? Really?

I want the CAS screens to be cached in game. There is no reason that every single time I open the top/bottom/accessory tab, all those images have to be generated and I have to sit on my ass waiting to scroll down to the one item I want, which is always at the bottom of the pile. I know if you're not using custom content, it might not matter, but I have this hoarding problem, and the wait is an unnecessary pain in the ass.

Same goes for the custom sim tab. I have lots of custom sims installed. Many of them came as S3Ps. There's no reason each headshot should have to be newly rendered every time I click on a custom sim to work with.

I also want in game content management. If I find a dress that looks like crap on a sim, I should be able to delete it without trying to look through some launcher to find the one icon that might, or might not, be the offending outfit. With package files, it's even worse. And yes, I am aware that CC Magic can do some of that as a standalone (at least letting you ID package contents easily to delete), but I want it integral to the game, preferably live, while I'm in the CAS screen, staring at the hideous dress that bunches up in stupid places.

The same applies to buy/build. I want in game content management from the beginning, base game.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Foot sliders?? Really?

I want the CAS screens to be cached in game. There is no reason that every single time I open the top/bottom/accessory tab, all those images have to be generated and I have to sit on my ass waiting to scroll down to the one item I want, which is always at the bottom of the pile. I know if you're not using custom content, it might not matter, but I have this hoarding problem, and the wait is an unnecessary pain in the ass.

Same goes for the custom sim tab. I have lots of custom sims installed. Many of them came as S3Ps. There's no reason each headshot should have to be newly rendered every time I click on a custom sim to work with.

I also want in game content management. If I find a dress that looks like crap on a sim, I should be able to delete it without trying to look through some launcher to find the one icon that might, or might not, be the offending outfit. With package files, it's even worse. And yes, I am aware that CC Magic can do some of that as a standalone (at least letting you ID package contents easily to delete), but I want it integral to the game, preferably live, while I'm in the CAS screen, staring at the hideous dress that bunches up in stupid places.

The same applies to buy/build. I want in game content management from the beginning, base game.

Explain exactly whats wrong with foot sliders?
Everyone in game has the same size feet, but um... if you would take a moment to look in real life, people can have different foot sized you know.
Instructor
#7 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Explain exactly whats wrong with foot sliders?
Everyone in game has the same size feet, but um... if you would take a moment to look in real life, people can have different foot sized you know.

This isn't real life though, it is a game. How realistic is it to expect all these extra enhancements which makes little to no difference in gameplay?

I would rather they allow us to build tools and mods which can allow others to modify these perhaps. I'd rather they work on enhancing the gameplay and fixing main bugs instead of making a foot slider. But that's just me.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#8 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:48 AM
Well, we DO have foot sliders for the Sims 3, here on this site. and yes, there are braces, and yellow teeth items on this site as well.

I know you are excited about Sims 4, but maybe keep the "is there a mod?"-type questions for the WCIF forums? or search for them first?

On topic, I wouldn't mind a few teeth options, just for some variety, but they most likely would be accessories, as it would be easier
Instructor
#9 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:59 AM
I want to be able to search through my hordes of crap in game. Whether it's through searching internal file name, or having to tag items, I just want a search function.

Bring back the in-game delete button. That thing was a lifesaver in TS2, I sorely miss it in TS3. I also would like to have things load in pages like in TS2 rather than the enormous single scroll box in TS3 that now takes a few minutes to load with all my CC.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Scholar
#10 Old 30th May 2013 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227

I also want in game content management.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! And why is the thing that you want always down at the bottom? Grrrrr.

I'd like a tab in make-up for miscellaneous enhancements. Things like wrinkles, freckles, acne, eye-bags, skin pores, age spots, and other things to make Sims look older, uglier or just different from one another. Why does the game have a dozen nearly identical halter tops but only two variations of freckles?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 30th May 2013 at 5:53 AM Last edited by Mr_Alex : 30th May 2013 at 6:43 AM.
More Body shapes and more customization
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:03 AM
I would love more facial features and raise the ranges for the sliders. More shape to the brow area, nostrils, cheekbones, lip shape, septum, etc, along with more body shapes. I think that will help more in distinguishing the sims for me along with whatever gameplay advancement to the game. That is what this is about, the game and not real life? Right?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th May 2013 at 11:33 AM
A separate CAS slider section for body shapes, such as arms, belly, basic height, etc.
Keep the face sliders, but add up a bit more flexibility on modeling the eyes and nose.
An ability to save custom face parts, such as eyes, mouths, noses, etc.
Cache and optimize the thumbnails, instead of generating them every time one has to find a particular hair.

I have no witty comments to mention here.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 30th May 2013 at 11:44 AM
I'd like an option to hide certain content items. I can think of at least a dozen things that I will never, ever use, and I don't want to have to scroll through them every time.

I'd also like something along the lines of the Pets CAS, where markings can be sized, rotated, and placed on different areas of the body. I don't want to have to have 50 different textures/downloads to have moles or beauty marks on different parts of the face - I'd like to be able to make my own to make a particular celebrity, friend, or just someone unique.

I love the CAST system, but I would like to be able to save my own custom colours and replace the ones in the colour chooser panel.

And for the love of pete, CUSTOMIZATION OF THE FACE. The more sliders, the better. I would be perfectly happy with there being, say, 20 "normal" sliders, and then TONS put on an "advanced" tab, so folks who just want to give their sims big lips, tiny noses, and giant eyes (or whatever) can do so easily, but folks like me, who want to tweak every detail, can spend ages fiddling with the thickness of the eyelids, roundness of the philtrum, even whether the earlobes are attached or not. Something along the lines of the customization available from DAZ3D/Poser would be great. And I know it would be tough to do, but I would really like the sliders to transfer over from one age group/gender to the next... That is, if I make a unique and interesting female sim, I don't want her to look like her face has exploded if I gender switch her or age her down, but to have a similar and believable look at the different age/gender.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th May 2013 at 12:56 PM
I'd like to be able to modify clothes from ingame.

Like you put a shirt on a Sim, but you'd like it a little better if the sleeves were just a little longer, or maybe change the neck to a V-cut. In Sims 3, you'd need to do a whole new mesh to do that. In Sims 4, I'd like it to be done at a click of a button. I mean, look at what Spore did with animals, and all I'm asking is changing a shirt, a skirt, or some pants around.
Theorist
#16 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:29 PM
I'd love Bodyshop (aka a more detailed CAS outside of the main game) back in TS4. I really, really miss it when playing Sims 3.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#17 Old 30th May 2013 at 2:49 PM
- More sliders for body, so it is not a choice between generally fat and generally skinny on the same bodytype. But so you can create different body types. Irl some body types can't become heavy muscular for example. Also height slider is needed. I understand how it can cause problems with the animations, so keep the difference limited. With a kiss animation, they could make the taller one look down a little and the smaller one look up. Might still end up kissing someone's forehead and chin, but maybe...you know maybe they actually like to do that!
- Customisable filters for the clothes. I would like to break up accessories into more categories. And it annoys me that I have 23498798234 pants for every day, but about 3 for outerwear. Same with coats. This should be changeable from ingame. And if I want my sim to work out in jeans, then let me! But I guess they prefer you to buy exercise jeans in the store instead :/
Instructor
#18 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:04 PM
^^ I don't think they should include heights if the animation is going to look odd. Kissing a forehead or chin is not acceptable, I'd rather they leave it out if that is the case. ^^

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Scholar
#19 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie
^^ I don't think they should include heights if the animation is going to look odd. Kissing a forehead or chin is not acceptable, I'd rather they leave it out if that is the case. ^^

Yeah, you are probably right. I was going to edit and write that it should include more animations to cope with the height differences, but then I remembered that we are talking about EA, so we would end up having to buy those animations in the store. Or having them and just broken.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:39 PM
No heights unless they're willing to fix the animations for all of them. And they'd probably start out by proving three heights (short, medium, tall) anyways, or providing a (broken) height slider.

Bodyshop would be awesome. Creating TS3 sims is a pain for me because I can't use bodyshop when I really need to.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Issie

Really true and I don't care about height, longer feet, one arm shorter than the other etc. I prefer more control over the facial features, and what HP said about the ear lobes is genius. I don't want to give up game play and animations because one sim must be taller than the other.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#22 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:32 PM
The heights thing... actually not that big a deal animations-wise. There's some technical stuff that I won't bother going into because it's boring and obscure unless you understand animations, but... essentially, they can target animations rather than making it absolute. So instead of essentially saying in the animation "move sim's face forward by 2 sim-feet" (okay not exactly this but I'm simplifying), you say "move sim's face until it contacts the other sim's face in the lip area" (again, much simplified). It can be tricky to get right, but this kind of animation is already used in... well, I'm certain it was used in TS2, almost certainly was in TS3 as well, could very well be used in TS4 to resolve issues with sim height (and things like creating medium sized or giant dogs, for example). It would probably complicate object creation to a degree, but not in any impossible sort of way, just adding an extra level of complexity to make sure everything lines up properly when an especially tall sim goes to put their hand on the arm of a couch or whatever.
Instructor
#23 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:10 PM
I love this thread. Cause I'm one of many simmers that prefer my sims to look "realistic", not only just "a sim in game".
And I speak for many who use "celebrity sims" as our neighborhood. Such as "Sherlock" or "Hobbits". How can you tolerate Sherlock having the same height as Fredo? I do not understand....

Back to topic.
1. More realistic sliders. Such as breast size, butt size, height, lips shape etc.
I wish TS4 BASE GAME-CAS not to deliver very limited sliders as TS3. It took irritated modders to "FIX" TS3's negligence.

It's uncool, EA darling, very uncool.

2. Please stop each clothes-category loading. It ruins the mood to dress.
I don't mind waiting slow loading "all dresses at once". Because I can kill the time making my cappuccino. Then go back to enjoy dressing my sim non-stop.
Not just staring at the sim waiting for "Tops" loading. Cracking another Universe's mystery while waiting for another "Bottoms" loading. Or profiling the serial killer while waiting for "Shoes" loading....

Caprice, EA? Caprice?

3. TS4 CAS should come with "Accessories" such as "Fashion bags".
Personally I don't use bags at all but I realized that accessories have been much wanted around the sims community.
So I think it makes no sense for players to create bags as CC. It's EA job to offer more variety to us.

The bags should not be attached to sims like bangles/bracelets. But an object-like as phone. You can put your bag/purse/briefcase in your inventory.

Or may be the bag can work as your "inventory".
One Minute Ninja'd
#24 Old 30th May 2013 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee
3. TS4 CAS should come with "Accessories" such as "Fashion bags".
Personally I don't use bags at all but I realized that accessories have been much wanted around the sims community.
So I think it makes no sense for players to create bags as CC. It's EA job to offer more variety to us.

The bags should not be attached to sims like bangles/bracelets. But an object-like as phone. You can put your bag/purse/briefcase in your inventory.

Or may be the bag can work as your "inventory".

Well, remember, they did give us those useless backpacks that are worn as shoulder accessories with Uni. It would have been nice if when you select put the stupid useless backpack away, the sim actually would, rather than keep throwing it over their shoulder as a fashion statement anyway, but then I'm sort of a critical player.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st May 2013 at 3:44 AM
The following really annoys me about the Sims 3:

1. Everyone in both genders has the same body shape
2. Everyone in both genders calves (legs) are nearly the same
3. Everyone in both genders have the same biceps size

In the above I mentioned,the should be customizable
Page 1 of 2