Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2013 at 3:47 PM
Should there be a Punk Rock Station?
Should there be a Punk Rock Station? I know not many people still listen to that kind of music, but who listens to Dark Wave (TS3 Supernatural)? Punk Rock is my favorite kind of music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you suggest??
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th May 2013 at 4:05 PM
I'm sure that the game would not be complete if it didn't have a Punk Rock Station.

Why couldn't you just add this to the Sims 4 want/need thread?

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th May 2013 at 5:47 AM
I did but there are so many responses that nobody would pay attention to this....
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:07 AM
I think the further they go from the standard radio stations, the more they'll get people asking well why isn't this style or that style catered for. I definately want custom radio back again though and maybe they could just do it so there are several custom stations that you can rename yourself and link to different folders of music.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:43 AM
I would be satisfied with only one custom radio channel again if it WORKED. How freaking hard is it to play back an mp3 file? That's the kind of laziness in TS3 that I really objected to, and something I'll be scrutinizing TS4 for before plunking my credit card down.
Scholar
#6 Old 29th May 2013 at 11:50 AM
More variety in the radiostations is always welcome imo, but I find this a minor detail compared to the other Sims 4 wishes. This is also because I tend to disable music in the sims (or any game for that matter) at some point when the repetition boredom kicks in. At that point I listen to some internet radiostation or play my own music.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th May 2013 at 8:48 AM
Yes, but when I play Sims I can't listen to my own music, plus it would be cool if it was in Simlish!
Scholar
#8 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:51 AM
Sure, why not. It seems silly to have mohawks and no punk station. Any of my Sims who dare to change the station from classical to something else get their stereo deleted, so it doesn't make any difference to me.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th May 2013 at 3:25 PM
Punk rock would be awesome! But it has to be really classic punk, like Clash and Sex Pistols and I'm not sure if that's too family friendly haha. I really loved that they included dark wave in Supernatural though, the bit of it I've heard is very post-punk.
Instructor
#10 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by evilcatapila
I think the further they go from the standard radio stations, the more they'll get people asking well why isn't this style or that style catered for.

In TS2 you have many choices of station. Rock/New Wave/Latin/Pop etc.
I put my BON JOVI/AEROSMITH/THE WHO etc. to "Rock station". And I put "THE CURE/THE SEX PISTOLS/THE CLASH etc. into "New Wave".
I put my SHAKIRA/RICKY MARTIN etc. in to my "Latin station".
My teens enjoy Brit punk while my latinos maids at Lothario's house dance to Latin.
It's a lot of fun.

So I get what OP try to say.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 6:39 AM
In TS2 I always made my own custom stations and localised them by 'hood. A fun part was getting simlish snippits and stringing them together like a DJ talking.

I'd love to see the return of the Metal station. It was SO well done in TS2 and is a mainstream genre.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
In TS2 I always made my own custom stations and localised them by 'hood. A fun part was getting simlish snippits and stringing them together like a DJ talking.

I'd love to see the return of the Metal station. It was SO well done in TS2 and is a mainstream genre.

Oh yes, it's called Metal. I mistake it with Rock.
Still remember the day I put my TS2 sims in the car, turn on the radio and listen to Guns&Roses. :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:02 AM
We all know it will, either in base or a later expansion. AFAIK both TS2 and TS3 had some. If TS4 dont, you can always download and save the TS2/TS3 punk songs in your custom music folder, provided EA supports that with TS4. Im SERIOUSLY hoping they revive the feature to individually turn off songs.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 12:24 PM
At the very least, I'd like to have a rock station with the base game. Why the hell did we have to wait until University Life to get something so simple? It was really irritating when I created a rockstar sim and I couldn't select rock as his favorite music. I want my sims to be able to rock out and they sure as hell can't do that to pop music. Personally, I think anyone who thinks that pop is a reasonable substitute for rock should be bitch-slapped, especially the jackasses that run retail stores like Walmart or Best Buy who decided to put rock and pop together under a single category. Seriously, how do you put Metallica, Ozzy Ozbourne, and Rob Zombie in the same category as Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, and Clay Aiken? I also have a few choice words considering Walmart's hypocritical policies concerning Parental Advisory music CDs, but this is not the place for that.

Getting back to TS4, I'd like to not only see electric guitars in the base game, but also for them to be completely different from acoustic guitars. I was a little disappointed to find that most of the songs on the electric guitar where the same ones played on the acoustic guitar.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jun 2013 at 1:47 PM
Yes, electric guitars is a really good idea for the basegame!!!