Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2013 at 7:12 PM
we need to be able to learn a sims age
i hate when my sim gets married to another sim thats in the neighborhood and a day later he or she ages to elder. i want my sim to marry someone in the same life stage and not be surprised when the sim they fell in love with ends up being way older.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 16th May 2013 at 1:05 AM
That's why some of us rely on Twallan's MasterController. You can check that stuff out before slipping the ring on the finger, and you can even adjust it to better suit your game, if you don't mind the "cheating".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2013 at 2:22 AM
well thats good someone made something to be able to see the age. but they should add a way to find out age without a cheat or a mod to do it. like say your sim is talking with a friend, you know like girl talk, and they talk about a romantic interest so your sim could maybe ask the friend if she knows the age of the sim being talked about.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 16th May 2013 at 3:20 AM
As in real life, it's never polite to ask a sim her age. Better to sneak a look at publicly available records, like MC allows you to without the pesky "Honey, just how old are you, really?" questions.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th May 2013 at 7:03 AM
I think the same. Remove the age slider thing and simply put a number. We dont need those sliders.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#6 Old 16th May 2013 at 7:24 AM
Here's a way to do it without mods or cheats. Use a Genie to temporarily make the sim a member of your household. Then you can check out anything you want. If you don't like what you see, throw 'em back. Or simply use a Young Again potion on them.
Instructor
#7 Old 16th May 2013 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
That's why some of us rely on Twallan's MasterController. You can check that stuff out before slipping the ring on the finger, and you can even adjust it to better suit your game, if you don't mind the "cheating".

Which module is it? I only have the base-mod, but I don't think it's featured in it.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th May 2013 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pelouse
Which module is it? I only have the base-mod, but I don't think it's featured in it.

Google search Nraas Master Controller and it will show his own site.
It's the best thing ever happen to boring vanilla TS. gameplay.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 16th May 2013 at 4:03 PM
Didn't that come with Seasons (I think) that one of the friendly interactions is to ask someone's age?
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 16th May 2013 at 5:22 PM
But then they reply in some obtuse way of "Well, I'm 49 days older than you", and you have to get out a calculator to do the math to figure out how old they are, and how much longer they have before needing a cane. Unless they're a vamp or a fairy, as they live a really long time, so age is immaterial.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th May 2013 at 6:24 PM
But then they reply in some obtuse way of "Well, I'm 49 days older than you", and you have to get out a calculator to do the math to figure out how old they are, and how much longer they have before needing a cane. Unless they're a vamp or a fairy, as they live a really long time, so age is immaterial.

Considering that you can play with many different age spans, some of them available already in the game, some of them added via various mods, I think the comparison is one of the better solutions to that problem. If a sim simply responded that he/she "is 73 days old", that wouldn't really tell you much. Especially since you don't know how old your own sim is either (the simology panel doesn't state the age; only how many days remain until the next age-up). You wouldn't even be able to tell whether the other sim is older or younger than your own sim.
The remaining option would be if the sim was to tell you that "I'll become an elder soon" or "I'm in the middle of my adult years", but that would be very imprecise compared to MasterController's current method.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 16th May 2013 at 8:28 PM
Quote:
I think the comparison is one of the better solutions to that problem.

I agree. It's enough to tell me whether they would be at a suitable age for my sim.
5 days older? Not bad if my sim is at the beginning of a normal young adult stage. 35 days older? Not so much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2013 at 8:33 PM
As in real life, it's never polite to ask a sim her age. Better to sneak a look at publicly available records, like MC allows you to without the pesky "Honey, just how old are you, really?" questions.

i know its not polite to ask age but im saying there should be a way to find out other than flat out asking the age to the sims face. talking to friends and such or go on the computer and look at their social network info. their simbook profile. :P
Inventor
#14 Old 16th May 2013 at 11:45 PM
Why not have them say, "I have ____ days until I become a teen/YA/adult/elder"? Wouldn't that make more sense? I mean, that's how the game registers age anyway, right?

If we get this, though, I want certain sims with certain traits to be able to lie, whether they lie to be older or younger, like sims who are vain or otherwise. It's realistic that way. Kids lie about how old they are to appear more mature and adults lie about their age to appear younger.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#15 Old 18th May 2013 at 4:42 AM
Yes, perhaps a "Ask age" option once they get to friends? I don't know about the lie part, since there would be no repercussions for it. You marry someone that lied about their age, not like you are going to divorce them because of it You would know the difference but the sim wouldn't.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery